Anyone else bored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Pinkie. Good point you make about 2 pacey attackers. Explain when then in the first half the tactic was to hoof it up high to the giant 2 up top??
    Yes i agree with you, nothing worse than seeing balls played up in the air heads wise when its to strikers or players who are small, theres no way would ollie of told them to do that 73, obviously boro were pressing us into that, but i agree we didnt use the first two properly, just think they kept there shape so well there was no space and made it really difficult.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Our midfield three get by passed and create very little for the said 2 nippy strikers. The hoofing also takes away the threat of the wing backs that we insist on using so you have to ask the question What are we trying to acheive and are all the players in sync with each other.

Comment

Pinks. Space is created by movement without the ball and there in lies the problem. The lack of movement is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Right so youve tried youre two pacey attackers upfront to get inbetween the boros big defenders and it hasnt worked, so take one off and smiths on second half, started playing with abit of width, so you think we shouldnt of done that, and while im at it bugger second balls youre saying?
          LOL. You forgot to mention putting a big lumbering centre back up front for ten minutes. In the f acking first half!!!??? A bit of width? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            But we do the same every week mate. In fact, you know these days if Lynch and Smith are on the pitch at the same time, it's going to be hoofed onto Smith's head every time. Even worse when Lynch is on the pitch and Smith isn't cos he still hoofs the thing anyway.

We have some really decent midfielders and wingers at the club. As much as you like to downplay the quality of our squad, I promise you we really do have some great players in those positions for this level of football. Why can we not find something more intelligent to do when we are chasing a gain than just hoofing it up to a bloke who's 6ft4? It's park football mate!
            I do not downplay the quality of our squad at all tarbs! we are a young squad & it shows sometimes, what are you telling me about our midfield for? ive always said we`ve a cracking midfield, so obvious we try to thread little balls through and use our midfield, aswell as other tactics even if it is upto smith, from what i see we`re trying alsorts of tactics like we should, we`re just lacking in the final bit of quality, but on another day we`ll come good as much as another day we wont.

Comment

Pinks. Space is created by movement without the ball and there in lies the problem. The lack of movement is the problem.
              Football 101.

Comment

Our midfield three get by passed and create very little for the said 2 nippy strikers. The hoofing also takes away the threat of the wing backs that we insist on using so you have to ask the question What are we trying to acheive and are all the players in sync with each other.
                Again you know youre football dont you, if the opposition close you down and press, these are some of the things that happen, its not always the managers fault, its just whats happening in the game time.

Comment

I do not downplay the quality of our squad at all tarbs! we are a young squad & it shows sometimes, what are you telling me about our midfield for? ive always said we`ve a cracking midfield, so obvious we try to thread little balls through and use our midfield, aswell as other tactics even if it is upto smith, from what i see we`re trying alsorts of tactics like we should, we`re just lacking in the final bit of quality, but on another day we`ll come good as much as another day we wont.
                  Our tactics are consistent. Play a system we lack the players for, a high pressing game with lots of huff and puff and not much else. When that doesn't work chuck Smith on. If we start with Smith no plan b.

Comment

Lol you dont have to tell me that 73

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      LOL. You forgot to mention putting a big lumbering centre back up front for ten minutes. In the f acking first half!!!??? A bit of width? LOL.
                      Abit of width was in the second half, you need to take it steady son on the old ticker

Comment

Then if you know that and I know that why on earth don't the players at QPR!

Comment

Pinks. Very easy to press our team as we are too slow in the build hence why we struggled yesterday.

Comment

Abit of width was in the second half, you need to take it steady son on the old ticker
                            I'm laughing, not fuming...... More fun that the game tbh.

Comment

Then if you know that and I know that why on earth don't the players at QPR!
                              I played 73 so do not need telling how the games played same i wouldnt be telling you, its one thing i find very frustrating watching, is players that go statue like if theyve just made a pass, you should always be on the move and looking for it, but its also hard to believe with them being pros, but i suppose not every players completely switched on.

Comment

Pinks. Very easy to press our team as we are too slow in the build hence why we struggled yesterday.
                                We was slow as boro had sat back and also kept and got back into there positions very well yesterday, and as you say we was too slow, it needs speeding up and more one touch when we get closer to there box, but as you said lack of movement will be most of the issue there! just think yesterday we came up against it proper

Comment

Working...
                                X