• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
    Faurlin?
    Haha brilliant hope ale is doing well, great servant
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Ollie did nothing wrong today in my eyes, he tried the two from last week for pace and getting inbetween there big defenders, which didnt work for whatever reason, then made the changes at the right time, we was up against a quality side today, also we didnt seem to have anything fall our way luck wise, but they looked a prem side today on that performance, even though we did well possesion wise, but no threat uptop, poss should of scored 3 aswell, but all poor misses.
      Yeah. Pushing a centre back upfront for the last ten minutes of the first half is tactical genius. So too is playing two wingers in the middle. Did really well keeping Barca-borough to only three goals.

Comment

We can all moan or be positive,but end of the day we not going to change anything. We don't own run or manage the club so it not our
        Choices or decisions to make. Basically we just got to suck it up folks good or bad.
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Maybe so. But shooting yourself in the head when facing superior opposition is never a good tactic in the real world.
          I just think they would of beat anyone on that performance today tbh, but we still could & should have had a few or couple atleast.
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Didn't we go four at the back second half
            Why do you think that was?

Could it possibly have been down to picking the wrong set up in the first place?

Once again, nothing tactically positive from any substitution as they were to cover up the mistakes the prat made before we kicked off.

Not sure how some are still defending it to be honest.

Comment

Pinks. Not sure about we should have scored any today as we were very poor in creative terms and Randolph had a very easy day at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Pinks. Not sure about we should have scored any today as we were very poor in creative terms and Randolph had a very easy day at the office.
                From where I was sitting looked like Smith missed a free header at goal which should’ve been a goal...I haven’t seen the ‘highlights’ so I could be wrong.

Comment

As far as Holloway is concerned I never think or thought we can progress with him but this thread is mostly aimed at fans expectations bear in mind we had money & lost our ID
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Theres the smith header as mentioned, then washington tries to control a ball on his right foot, thats crying out for his left, any good first time connection most likely would of scored, & lynch wen he hit it straight at there keeper, any other place and it would of been a goal, but agree it wasnt happening upfront at all, even smith was getting pulled all over the shop.
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

The expectation is to do the best with the resources available. This is the source of negativity.

Is our squad punching above it's weight to keep us in the division, or is the manager turning mid-table capability into $hit relegation performances that supporters pay 30 quid to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                        The expectation is to do the best with the resources available. This is the source of negativity.

Is our squad punching above it's weight to keep us in the division, or is the manager turning mid-table capability into $hit relegation performances that supporters pay 30 quid to watch?
                        I still think a better manager would get more out of this squad because we play some good stuff for short periods at times. Boro' moved around the pitch with quick passing little triangles which is a pretty basic thing teams do - we don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                          I still think a better manager would get more out of this squad .
                          I agree, I think we have some players good enough for the Premier league ( Luango, Scowen, Smithies & possibly Hall )
                          Under Les Ferdinand:
                          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Whens it 30 quid?
                            Keep seeing that figure bandied about.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Whens it 30 quid?
                              Keep seeing that figure bandied about.
                              There was a thread about the home game vs Burton where I think it was 34 or so to pay in on the day. Every since then it has been ignored by some that there could possibly be any cheaper options.

Comment

Another excuse for a tactically inept manager. We are not smaller than the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Brentford etc and look at them. Decent manager who gets the best from their squad of players.

We were a very small club back in the early 90’s and held our own in the Prem/league 1 when we had a decent manager so just accepting we are a small club who should just be happy with mid table in the champ is just so wrong.
                                "The World is Yours"

Comment

Working...
                                X