We move on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We move on

Middlesbrough were simply too strong for us, that's just the way it goes sometimes. As long as we are picking up points against the teams around us we will be alright.
    For what it's worth I thought we held out own until they scored, and we were decent in the 2nd half. We showed them far too much respect for my liking and the second goal, while a great strike, could have been easily avoided if Friend had been closed down.
    Not too upset with the defeat though, they are a much better side than us. Spent something like £50m last summer and it showed. That Adama Traore is rapid and a cut above, should be playing in the Prem.
    We go again next week, it's all about how we respond.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Not too fussed either about today but we are pretty rank.

Comment

One of the best teams we've played so far. Dark horses for automatic?

Comment

Maybe all home supporters should be given a white flag to waive when entering the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by spogs View Post
          Maybe all home supporters should be given a white flag to waive when entering the ground.
          Ridiculous.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            Middlesbrough were simply too strong for us, that's just the way it goes sometimes. As long as we are picking up points against the teams around us we will be alright.
            For what it's worth I thought we held out own until they scored, and we were decent in the 2nd half. We showed them far too much respect for my liking and the second goal, while a great strike, could have been easily avoided if Friend had been closed down.
            Not too upset with the defeat though, they are a much better side than us. Spent something like £50m last summer and it showed. That Adama Traore is rapid and a cut above, should be playing in the Prem.
            We’re not improving though. We’re treading water.....maybe that’s all we need or should be doing but I just don’t think we will get better with Ollie.

Comment

Originally posted by spogs View Post
              No that should be given to fans on here after we`ve lost one game.
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Statistically,Middlesborough are not that great.Before today's game they had lost the same number of games as us - 10.

Comment

We were pretty terrible today and made Boro look far better than what they are. Even our so called better players are going backwards. What do we actually practise on the training field?

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                    Statistically,Middlesborough are not that great.Before today's game they had lost the same number of games as us - 10.
                    better team than us on paper though and where playing a different unfamiliar style of football under monk, pulis suits them a lot more given karanka was also a defensive type of manager. i wasn't at todays game but i expected us to lose anyway not that i'm happy with the result.

i reckon they'll at least make the playoffs and i'd expect them to win promotion under pulis

Comment

In can accept a defeat but we were very,very poor today.It is the manner of defeat I don't like.Think Bidwell and Pav are not wingbacks then you should have seen Lynch as target man.

Comment

We move on and downwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          No that should be given to fans on here after we`ve lost one game.
                          One? Is that the same 'one' that we win and has you thinking we are turning a corner? Bigger picture Pinkie, should always be the bigger picture.
                          Last edited by Alanwycombe; 21-01-2018, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                            One? Is that the same 'one' that we win and has you thinking we are turning a corner? Bigger picture Pinkie, should always be the bigger picture.
                            I know. It's almost as if he recalibrates his positivity by the game, erasing all memory of results and performance to date. Tomorrow is another day.

Comment

Thankfully Burton were hammered as well

Comment

Working...
                              X