Owners - Tony Tweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    I honestly think the tide will change next season and punters will start to take the view that Holloway has done good job off the field and set things in order to move forward , come on the club should have started this cull three years ago hanging on to the likes of Caulker jet and others hoping for a fee was madness , should have been paid off , and this idea of rack and stack ### bringing so many players plain stooopid somebody posted over sixty changes to the under 23s , a club in trouble with FFP the way we have carried on since relegation make the biggest bodge up in football FFP look sensiblep
    But you can't just pay a player off mate. Paying him off with 6 months of his deal left or with 2 years doesn't make any difference to the costs involved. The player will still want paying up for the full length of the contract, and the agents make sure that they get it. Nobody wanted Caulker or JET, hence we had no option but to hang onto them and hope they either a.) sorted their act out, or b.) caught the eye of another manager who would take them off our hands.

The mistake was not in keeping these players on. The mistake was giving them long expensive contracts, and not doing enough due diligence before signing them. Something which we were consistently guilty of from the moment Fernandes arrived, right up until the point Les Ferdinand and Lee Hoos rocked up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      I don't remember many being upset about JFH when he was appointed.
      I wasn’t Ginge. Shame it never worked out. What he done a Burton was good but maybe the foundations were put in place before he arrived.
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        But you can't just pay a player off mate. Paying him off with 6 months of his deal left or with 2 years doesn't make any difference to the costs involved. The player will still want paying up for the full length of the contract, and the agents make sure that they get it. Nobody wanted Caulker or JET, hence we had no option but to hang onto them and hope they either a.) sorted their act out, or b.) caught the eye of another manager who would take them off our hands.

The mistake was not in keeping these players on. The mistake was giving them long expensive contracts, and not doing enough due diligence before signing them. Something which we were consistently guilty of from the moment Fernandes arrived, right up until the point Les Ferdinand and Lee Hoos rocked up!
        If you keep them you still have to pay them ! They was a bad smell around the club and an unsettling attitude while trying to build a harmonious dressing room and training ground , your bang on the money about the club not paying due diligence on several accounts as well as under the DOF

Comment

If you keep them you still have to pay them ! They was a bad smell around the club and an unsettling attitude while trying to build a harmonious dressing room and training ground , your bang on the money about the club not paying due diligence on several accounts as well as under the DOF

Comment

• I read in the paper (yeah i know i know) that jet is going to charlton on a free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              I read in the paper (yeah i know i know) that jet is going to charlton on a free.
              On a boat
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Axel Proudhouly m/f said to be on his bike also

Comment

• Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                  I wasn’t Ginge. Shame it never worked out. What he done a Burton was good but maybe the foundations were put in place before he arrived.
                  Gary Rowett

Comment

Not right that mate. As Ginge just pointed out, not too many were displeased with that appointment at the time. He was held in high regard by the footballing community and seen as a good up and coming manager before he came to us.

Funnily enough, I've got a mate who is also a QPR fan and played youth football for Chelsea when Hasselbaink was in the first team there. At the time, I was very happy with the appointment but he warned me that Hasselbaink was a very unpleasant individual, arrogant and not someone we'd want as manager from what he'd seen of him during his time with Chelsea. Not 100% that side of him was apparent too much here, but I specifically remember having those conversations with my mate in the days leading up to us announcing JFH as our manager.
                    Not for me tarbs. He was completely untested at this level and make no mistake about it Tone new absolutely nothing about JFH.... It was Les who pointed JFH out to TF, and that had a lot to do with the colour of JFHs skin (not saying thats good/bad just pointing out the obvious)... Tone didnt have a clue, he just said "yes heres a load of money youre employed".... desperation imo.
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• My question to the moaners about TF is are you just moaning for moaning sake or is there an aim to your moaning? Do you think your moaning could do more harm than good? If it is aimed at making things better what are you practically suggesting? I mean by that direct specific examples.

Now I’m no happy clapper. People sitting near me know just how much I despised likes of Henry, Ramsey, Redknapp, Hughes, Washington etc But my anger and often outright abuse directed at them was with the clubs interest at heart. Getting them out the club was needed they were bad for our club and others could be brought in to do a better job (if we’d have kept Warnock not Holloway, got Warburton not Ramsey then this may have happened)

But when you moan at one of the owners of the club what is your end point of your complaining. TF out… okay but with no guarantee of who or what comes in then if you get your way the club folds and ceases to exist. So what are you suggesting because to me it looks like the club are doing all they can in the circumstances imposed on them by the draconian FFP regulations that came in during TF’s time at the club.

We cant invest more in the squad because we’ll breach FFP, training ground is going through an appeal process that we cant do anything to speed up, and we don’t need a new stadium. So suggestions then or moan because..?

Be really surprised to get a reasoned response to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Route One View Post
                        My question to the moaners about TF is are you just moaning for moaning sake or is there an aim to your moaning? Do you think your moaning could do more harm than good? If it is aimed at making things better what are you practically suggesting? I mean by that direct specific examples.

Now I’m no happy clapper. People sitting near me know just how much I despised likes of Henry, Ramsey, Redknapp, Hughes, Washington etc But my anger and often outright abuse directed at them was with the clubs interest at heart. Getting them out the club was needed they were bad for our club and others could be brought in to do a better job (if we’d have kept Warnock not Holloway, got Warburton not Ramsey then this may have happened)

But when you moan at one of the owners of the club what is your end point of your complaining. TF out… okay but with no guarantee of who or what comes in then if you get your way the club folds and ceases to exist. So what are you suggesting because to me it looks like the club are doing all they can in the circumstances imposed on them by the draconian FFP regulations that came in during TF’s time at the club.

We cant invest more in the squad because we’ll breach FFP, training ground is going through an appeal process that we cant do anything to speed up, and we don’t need a new stadium. So suggestions then or moan because..?

Very well put ! Not sure it will stop them moaning though it's just easier to moan than look for positives

Comment

If you release them you still have to pay them mate. That's the way these football contracts work, both for managers and players. If you give them a 4 year deal, unless you can prove gross misconduct (which is almost impossible with the PFA ready to pounce) you have to pay them the 4 years whatever happens. Only way out is if another club is prepared to take the player off you and the player is prepared to go. Hence why players like SWP just hung around, no other club were daft enough to pick up his 65k a week, and he wouldn't leave for a penny less!

Comment

• Originally posted by Route One View Post
                            My question to the moaners about TF is are you just moaning for moaning sake or is there an aim to your moaning? Do you think your moaning could do more harm than good? If it is aimed at making things better what are you practically suggesting? I mean by that direct specific examples.

My "moaning" regarding the owner is me giving my opinion on him. That sort of is the point of a forum, and this thread right?.. personally dont think its moaning anyway (unless Im constantly going on about it)

Do I want TF gone - yes. Would it be good for the club if he left tomorrow - no... No matter what I feel towards the fella, for the good of the club I hope he don't walk anytime soon. We'd need somone ready to take over from him when he does leave.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Very well put ! Not sure it will stop them moaning though it's just easier to moan than look for positives
                              Tbf all Ive ever done is look for positives.

Arguments sake dogs, if we were to get relegated this season and say TF sacks Olly and brings in Chris Powell as manager. Would you blame me for not "looking for positives"?.... my point is mate, sometimes theres a breaking point and being positive for the sake of it dosnt make sense... Im not moaning mate, just voicing concern.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

If you release them you still have to pay them mate. That's the way these football contracts work, both for managers and players. If you give them a 4 year deal, unless you can prove gross misconduct (which is almost impossible with the PFA ready to pounce) you have to pay them the 4 years whatever happens. Only way out is if another club is prepared to take the player off you and the player is prepared to go. Hence why players like SWP just hung around, no other club were daft enough to pick up his 65k a week, and he wouldn't leave for a penny less!
                                Of course they have to be paid off but you still pay them if they stay and are a bad influence set a bad example no mate once you know their make up get them out asap even if it means paying their contracts in full , there was no evidence SWP was a disruptive element just no good

Comment

Working...
                                X