Owners - Tony Tweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
    ‘could have done better than CR’ .....it’s hard to think of a worse appointment than selecting a fifty-odd year old who had never, ever managed a football team (and no, kids teams don’t count). What other team would ever do that? Totally unfair to Ramsey and absolutely disastrous for our club. Complete insanity.
    Wasn't great, but I get why we did it. Harry walked the day after the transfer window shut, and we were going down whatever happened with that group of players.

What was criminal however was giving him a 3 year contract that summer. Bloke should probably have been thanked for his efforts and sent back to working with the youths straight after we got spanked by Leicester on the final day of the season. I think we shipped something daft like 13 or 14 goals in the last 4 games of the season. Dunno what on earth he'd done to earn a 3 year deal!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tarbie;1673744]Wasn't great, but I get why we did it. Harry walked the day after the transfer window shut, and we were going down whatever happened with that group of players.

What was criminal however was giving him a 3 year contract that summer. Bloke should probably have been thanked for his efforts and sent back to working with the youths straight after we got spanked by Leicester on the final day of the season. I think we shipped something daft like 13 or 14 goals in the last 4 games of the season. Dunno what on earth he'd done to earn a 3 year deal![/QUOTE]

Good point and despite TF waffling on about learning from his mistakes he goes and gives a 2 and a half / 3 year deal to a poor man's Sky pundit, with a worse record than the manager he replaced and all the managerial ability of a limp lettuce.

You couldn't make it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        we got relegated because bungle thought it wise to replace redcrapp with the pe teacher.

we were two points from safety when beanie hat was put in charge.
        Agree. They the on the towel when they appointed him.
        They could have tried tempting Allardyce away from West Ham as it was common knowledge that they were not going to keep him after his contract ended in June.
        Or they could have looked around to see who else was available I.e..Advocaat, but no they jumped in straight away to appoint Ramsey.,

Comment

• Originally posted by The General View Post
          Judging by the response to this thread I think it boils down to thiis below

Some fans are happy with a well run mid table championship club 'nothing wrong with this lower expectation less disappoint
          Other fans want Premier league lower half and are pissed off that Tony blew it. (Possibly me after waiting a long long time)

Both scenarios are fine as its about your expectation for the club not Ollie or Tony.
          After waiting so long for us to be a successful club I can't help but get annoyed and pisseddd off
          That we had everything in our hands a totally blew the end off it it was there for the taking after so many years of waiting
          Of living in the shadow of all the other London clubs
          I think there are many on here who are actually portrayed as haters but are just really really disappointed
          That just about sums up how I feel.
          The 1st relegation was bad enough , but to blow it a 2nd time and in the manner they did (from the transfer window to appointing Ramsey) for me is unforgivable.
          1 or 2points from safety and they appoint a youth team coach, it makes my blood boil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            Yep I fall into that category. I don’t hate rangers I love them from the bottom of my heart. I’m very disappointed at the way the clubs been run and when you love something you want to protect it. When the people running the club make such dreadful mistakes and continue to spout absolute ######## on social media it kinda makes the red mist descend for me. That’s what it comes down to. I expect a higher standard and losing/failure genuinely hurts

Yes,the social media comments are just @$&#% I.e.. We get up and go again, doing a grand job etc.

Comment

• Sacking NW aside, he started of not to bad. Both Hughes and Redknapp were good appointments for where we were as a club. Ironically it was his bad management of the managers that let us down (throwing every pound not possible at them and not knowing when to make changes). But I always gave him benefit of the doubt as he came across as a genuine good guy (something the club needed) and I honestly felt he was learning from his mistakes.... But the appointments of Ramsey/JFH/Olly had/has completely proved me wrong! The guys learnt fark all and continues to run my club to the ground!.... we need a level headed manager, who can manage a team (aint rocket science). And after 7 years and what 5 managers, if Tone aint learnt how to hire the 1st most important person he has to hire (a decent manager) then there is no hope!
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Sacking NW aside, he started of not to bad. Both Hughes and Redknapp were good appointments for where we were as a club. Ironically it was his bad management of the managers that let us down (throwing every pound not possible at them and not knowing when to make changes). But I always gave him benefit of the doubt as he came across as a genuine good guy (something the club needed) and I honestly felt he was learning from his mistakes.... But the appointments of Ramsey/JFH/Olly had/has completely proved me wrong! The guys learnt fark all and continues to run my club to the ground!.... we need a level headed manager, who can manage a team (aint rocket science). And after 7 years and what 5 managers, if Tone aint learnt how to hire the 1st most important person he has to hire (a decent manager) then there is no hope!
                Honestly didn’t see JFH as a bad appointment. CR and Olly completely agree, although I still believe timing was wrong for Ramsey, rather than him not good enough. Jimmy I saw as a good upcoming Manager but wasn’t to be. Olly though I was majorly disappointed with his appointment and still am.

Comment

• With hindsight; The hardworking Chris Hughton was probably the one we should have gone for. Instead of JFH and after him IH..
                  Last edited by Shania; 23-01-2018, 12:26 PM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Honestly didn’t see JFH as a bad appointment. CR and Olly completely agree, although I still believe timing was wrong for Ramsey, rather than him not good enough. Jimmy I saw as a good upcoming Manager but wasn’t to be. Olly though I was majorly disappointed with his appointment and still am.
                    I agree with all of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      Imo ramsey was in, because TF was desperate. Almost like he was backed into a corner and thought hs needed to make a quick decision.... JFH was pure desperation and olly, well that was just not thought out.
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• I don't remember many being upset about JFH when he was appointed.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          Imo ramsey was in, because TF was desperate. Almost like he was backed into a corner and thought hs needed to make a quick decision.... JFH was pure desperation and olly, well that was just not thought out.
                          Not right that mate. As Ginge just pointed out, not too many were displeased with that appointment at the time. He was held in high regard by the footballing community and seen as a good up and coming manager before he came to us.

Funnily enough, I've got a mate who is also a QPR fan and played youth football for Chelsea when Hasselbaink was in the first team there. At the time, I was very happy with the appointment but he warned me that Hasselbaink was a very unpleasant individual, arrogant and not someone we'd want as manager from what he'd seen of him during his time with Chelsea. Not 100% that side of him was apparent too much here, but I specifically remember having those conversations with my mate in the days leading up to us announcing JFH as our manager.

Comment

• IMO,

Ramsey was in because he was a cheap option.

JFH was an up and coming manager that probably talked a good game about youth promotion, etc.

Holloway knows the club inside out and what it would take to sort out the mess on a shoestring.

Aim of the club is to stay in the Championship and build a decent, competitive squad from a mix of youth team and promising players from this level and below.

Personally can only see IH sacked if we are in the bottom 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              IMO,

Ramsey was in because he was a cheap option.

JFH was an up and coming manager that probably talked a good game about youth promotion, etc.

Holloway knows the club inside out and what it would take to sort out the mess on a shoestring.

Aim of the club is to stay in the Championship and build a decent, competitive squad from a mix of youth team and promising players from this level and below.

Personally can only see IH sacked if we are in the bottom 3
                              Again, what's criminal here is the length of the deal. If JFH (a manager who was employed when we approached him and came with a good reputation) had to sign a 12 month rolling contract, why was Ollie (who was unemployed and some would argue, close to unemployable) given 2 and a half years?

I suppose the good news is there will only be 12 months left on the contract at the end of this season, so he should be relatively inexpensive to pay off!

Comment

• I honestly think the tide will change next season and punters will start to take the view that Holloway has done good job off the field and set things in order to move forward , come on the club should have started this cull three years ago hanging on to the likes of Caulker jet and others hoping for a fee was madness , should have been paid off , and this idea of rack and stack ### bringing so many players plain stooopid somebody posted over sixty changes to the under 23s , a club in trouble with FFP the way we have carried on since relegation make the biggest bodge up in football FFP look sensiblep

Comment

Working...
                                X