Welcome 'The Loft Boys'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    Sorry if it means going bare chested and waving my t shirt above my head then I can't join.
    Mind you I'm sure Ted mentioned loads of muscles. That streak of pish yesterday looked looked like a pre-pubescent plank in need of some sun
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

The way I see it is, who cares what it takes to create the atmosphere? It it is one bloke not watching the game but getting the crowd going then so be it. Anything to bring a bit more atmosphere and enjoyment to loftus road the better

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
        The way I see it is, who cares what it takes to create the atmosphere? It it is one bloke not watching the game but getting the crowd going then so be it. Anything to bring a bit more atmosphere and enjoyment to loftus road the better
        Playing well and winning games may help with the atmosphere....

Comment

so we shouldn't back the team when it isn't going their way?

I don't care how we get an atmosphere. We aren't the only club who are doing something like this. Plenty have done it in the past. I am all for it, nothing to lose.

Comment

Clubs throughout Europe have blokes creating atmosphere throughout the whole game banging drums and orchestrating and the sound once the crowd gets behind it is electric. Got the opportunity to watch Spurs v Dortmund at Wembley this season and I've never known anything like it, their team got beat but they didn't stop making noise all game it was brilliant to see.

Not saying we need people banging huge drums but if it means a certain crowd paying a little less attention to the football (which doesn't seem that unappealing to me) and a bit more to creating an atmosphere that makes it more enjoyable for everyone then it seems like a no brainer to me

Comment

Couldn't agree more.

I miss most of the game anyway, either looking at the other fans, our fans to work out what we are singing or just finishing my beers!

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                100% right. if we're winning the boys will be in full flow, if we're losing the away lot will be giving it.....we will respond, its all about the banter.

Comment

I got involved with a supporter's group with the inception of Toronto FC here in 07, the football was so poor for the 1st several years yet there was a social aspect that kept me coming back, my group, U-SECTOR is one of about 4 or 5 organized groups, all our located behind the south goal and most have capos who co-ordinate chants and songs! I enjoyed the pre-match meets ups and have met many great people through this, I have noticed that for many of the fans they are more interested in the chants than what is actually happening on the pitch, internal politics and fighting amongst other supporters groups have become a problem ironically enough it got worse as the team became the best in the league! The club has empowered some of these groups and it has come back to bite them with trouble at away matches and protests against club policy!As has been pointed out there are advantages to organized supporters groups but they are not everyone's cup of tea and should not be solely relied on for support!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by OldR
                    It is a foreign import and not a British one (No Farage).

We didn't need such gimmicky support for 130 years and it's only youngsters who feel that this is the way to support the team.

It is pure falsely placed nostalgia and looking through rose tinted glasses to think atmospheres were always good : they wasn't and most of the time they were on par with what we experience today.

I'm all for 'improving' the atmosphere but if we allow any particular self appointed 'atmosphere boosting group' to gain a foothold the matchday 'experience' (my God, what an awful expression that really is) will never be the same again and not for the best.

In addition, I'm also vehemently against the tenancy of such groups to dress up in attire which encourages them to think they are 'geezers' and 'hoolies'. This doesn't sit well with me and has an affect beyond 'banter' (another poxy Soccer AM word) with opposition supporters and leads to the Police policing matches differently.

Largely agree with this.

no way should we have manufactured support.

the quick and easiest way would be for the club to lower ticket prices so more working class folk can afford to attend.

it tends to be the working (non prawn sandwich crew) that are the ones that get rowdy and generate noise and atmosphere.

the very same types that are now being priced out of the game, myself included, barring some of you alot who are farking hardcore.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Agree about the lower Loft ,it never should be the family stand, its our home end ,and whatever t wat decided to fill it with kids and mums needs sacking.
                      But digging this lot out , saying trying to "manufacture atmosphere "?
                      No sorry , the atmosphere at Loftus rd is dead , and its down to the youth to rebuild it ,if that means they go on social media to organise themselves ,so be it .So fair play to this lot for trying to organise things.
                      People take the micky out of Palace but the noise that is generated at Selhurst Park these days is awesome ,and we play in a f uckin library , so something needs to change!
                      so if this lot,are trying to change things ,and disregard the muggy ~Ultra thing, and create a vocal passionate, partisan ,section of our support, we should all get behind it.
                      Unfortunately ,the 70s and 80s have long gone and so has the football culture that went with it,
                      And for all the people waiting for results to improve ,then the atmosphere will improve.........Sorry lads but ,this isnt the Opera , we ,are part of it , and we should be playing our part , not sitting ,waiting to be entertained,,,,,
                      No , lets let the youth ,get behind the club .whether were winning ,losing ,drawing ,the other lads will join in, and we can turn Loftus rd into a ground away teams ,dont want to play at.

Its time to bring the atmosphere back to Loftus rd .
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

It is a foreign import and not a British one (No Farage).

We didn't need such gimmicky support for 130 years and it's only youngsters who feel that this is the way to support the team.

It is pure falsely placed nostalgia and looking through rose tinted glasses to think atmospheres were always good : they wasn't and most of the time they were on par with what we experience today.

I'm all for 'improving' the atmosphere but if we allow any particular self appointed 'atmosphere boosting group' to gain a foothold the matchday 'experience' (my God, what an awful expression that really is) will never be the same again and not for the best.

In addition, I'm also vehemently against the tenancy of such groups to dress up in attire which encourages them to think they are 'geezers' and 'hoolies'. This doesn't sit well with me and has an affect beyond 'banter' (another poxy Soccer AM word) with opposition supporters and leads to the Police policing matches differently.
                        No one has said that it will be people dressed the same or anything like that. It is just trying to get enough people to join in. Getting 10 people to do this wont do anything but if say a few hundred want to do it then bloody well go for it.

They will not move the family stand/lower prices etc so we need to work with what we have.

Comment

I'm really not suggesting that we 'dress up' and act like hooligans, I'm simply suggesting that that the easiest and best way of creating an atmosphere would be to move to a vacant part of the stadium, which also happens to be right next to the away fans which would help create an even better atmosphere.

Purely if you fancy a change and want to try create almost an away day atmosphere with a bit of banter with the away lot, then a group in x block could be good for everyone

Comment

No it doesn't.

Plotting up next to away fans who have been drinking all morning and afternoon doesn't create 'banter'. It creates an atmosphere which will result in the Met Police policing home games differently and, in the process, ruin one of the best things about attending matches at Loftus Road; the nice vibe - for the most part - about the club and our fan base.

What's wrong with the current set up in R block?

I wasn't alone in laughing at them post Pompey '97 when a few spotty teens and divs who couldn't punch their way out of a wet tissue set up a 'border control' but when it became a unofficial singing section I started to value it even when some of the songs made me cringe. It was great support for the team when on form.

So why not stay there? X block brings too many problems with it through members of any proposed group - and I'm not saying all - acting as if they are hard men.

Below is an image of the Crystal Palace always Ultras and the image they wish to project... It doesn't create 'banter'.

Having the singers by the away fans does create an atmosphere , the paddock used to sing right by the away fans and that didnt turn into trouble every week . And regardless of the image the Palace lot want to have ,it dosn`t mean we have to follow suit and what is undeniable is that they have turned Selhurst Park`s atmosphere round completely to one of the best in the country.
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

No it doesn't.

Plotting up next to away fans who have been drinking all morning and afternoon doesn't create 'banter'. It creates an atmosphere which will result in the Met Police policing home games differently and, in the process, ruin one of the best things about attending matches at Loftus Road; the nice vibe - for the most part - about the club and our fan base.

What's wrong with the current set up in R block?

I wasn't alone in laughing at them post Pompey '97 when a few spotty teens and divs who couldn't punch their way out of a wet tissue set up a 'border control' but when it became a unofficial singing section I started to value it even when some of the songs made me cringe. It was great support for the team when on form.

So why not stay there? X block brings too many problems with it through members of any proposed group - and I'm not saying all - acting as if they are hard men.

Below is an image of the Crystal Palace always Ultras and the image they wish to project... It doesn't create 'banter'.

I am struggling to see your point. There will always be police and if you look at the bulk of teams, their singing sections are near the away fans. As others have said, it is pretty much empty so that can (should) be our signing section as well as R block. No point having one section that sings as most won't hear it.

You keep (assume it was you who said it earlier, if not I apologise) mentioning the 'Palace Ultras'. I have no idea why though. Not one of us have said we should dress in black and have a name. We simply want QPR to be fun for those who want to have a sign song. I do. I dont want to fight, I dont want to argue with police or throw coins. But I do want to stand and sing even when we are playing badly as it makes it fun. Hate having people behind who moan when people sing etc.

If you don't want to be near the singing area then that is fine. I dont see how people in X block would affect anyone else in the slightest of make it unsafe.

Comment

Think it’s a cracking idea the arguements against it are pretty weak. The atmosphere at QPR is s hit and has been for years and it’s a myth it’s intimidating anything which improves it is worth trying.

Worrying about upsetting the away fans, who gives a f uck, the more stick we give them the better and there is already plenty of banter down there already so if we swell the numbers all the better.

Comment

Working...
                                X