No announcement yet.

Welcome 'The Loft Boys'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the last 24 hours we have had a number of mixed views regarding this group. We are not here to embarrass the club as people have said on twitter, we feel something needs to change. The atmosphere is not what it use to be and on a week to week basis there are a number of empty seats all over Loftus Road. The Q block and R block are unfortunately not what they use to be and we feel a new group can bring life to Loftus Road again; we want to create an atmosphere and bring Loftus Road more in-line with modern football fans. Similar supporters groups have appeared throughout the English football leagues and have helped clubs grow, increased ticket sales, connected fans and players and spurred the team on to greater success.

We are only at our beginning but we want this group to be for everyone.

And no, there won’t be any clappers as many have asked on twitter.

We are planning to do our first display versus Preston, we are looking to did it in X Block. We will all stand, have flags pre game, sing and hopefully many will see us and notice us and we can grow more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoftBoys82 View Post
      Over the last 24 hours we have had a number of mixed views regarding this group. We are not here to embarrass the club as people have said on twitter, we feel something needs to change. The atmosphere is not what it use to be and on a week to week basis there are a number of empty seats all over Loftus Road. The Q block and R block are unfortunately not what they use to be and we feel a new group can bring life to Loftus Road again; we want to create an atmosphere and bring Loftus Road more in-line with modern football fans. Similar supporters groups have appeared throughout the English football leagues and have helped clubs grow, increased ticket sales, connected fans and players and spurred the team on to greater success.

We are planning to do our first display versus Preston, we are looking to did it in X Block. We will all stand, have flags pre game, sing and hopefully many will see us and notice us and we can grow more and more.
      good luck lads ,i think its just what we need.
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoftBoys82 View Post

Take no notice of twitter negativity. If you gave some of them a free score they would moan and say why isn't it aint a fifty.
        Good luck with this, like it.

Comment

Huddersfield have section by away fans

What do you mean by display??

Comment

Good luck to you but IMO the only thing that will get the whole ground rocking is what is going on on the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Huddersfield have section by away fans

What do you mean by display??
              Huddersfield, Watford, Bristol City, Man City, York to name a few.

We're looking at a banner that says "The Loft Boys" and then a number of blue flags and white flags, we're only at the beginning but hopefully we can get more and more involved.

Comment

Great idea. I think there is a difference between being called 'ultras' or similar to being a vocal section of the ground. Massive difference in fact. Good luck to you, hope it carries on growing.

Disagree with what happens on the pitch is the only thing that matters. We shouldn't be sing when you're winning. It is boring when you lose when it is quiet, so why not sing then and actually have fun?

Comment

Good luck I’m all for it plus I’m in ellersie so happy to lend my lungs to any song

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                    Great idea. I think there is a difference between being called 'ultras' or similar to being a vocal section of the ground. Massive difference in fact. Good luck to you, hope it carries on growing.

Disagree with what happens on the pitch is the only thing that matters. We shouldn't be sing when you're winning. It is boring when you lose when it is quiet, so why not sing then and actually have fun?
                    This is exactly what we think as well. If you're a young fan going for the first time, if the football isn't great, what would attract you to come again?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLoftBoys82 View Post

I was sceptical at first, but your post is well put, and comes across as a very respectable proposition, not suggesting any "ultra" intent.

Good luck, I hope you get the result we all want

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Good luck I’m all for it plus I’m in ellersie so happy to lend my lungs to any song
                        Thanks mate! The more the merrier, and if people see more involved we think they'd be more likely to get involved themselves.

Comment

• Whats your go to chant when we are getting turned over at home ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Whats your go to chant when we are getting turned over at home ?
                            We feel we don't really have many chants for new players and with it being a fairly young team, we think that they would appreciate it.

We started a song about Eze at Fulham and we're currently thinking of one for the likes of Symth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Whats your go to chant when we are getting turned over at home ?
                              I would like to hear we want ollie out

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLoftBoys82 View Post
                                We feel we don't really have many chants for new players and with it being a fairly young team, we think that they would appreciate it.

We started a song about Eze at Fulham and we're currently thinking of one for the likes of Symth.
                                Was that the chant of "Eze good, Eze good, he's Ebere Eze good" ? Cracked me up.

May I suggest you start a chant page on here and get someone to sticky it ?

Many a top tune goes amiss on forums and it would be great to get a group that would give them a go (or at least consider them).

Comment

Working...
                                X