Originally posted by vespa View Post
      Barnsley 1.0 at home
      Loftus rd was dead
      Never in my time supporting Rangers has Loftus rd been so quiet
      I know what you mean even the roar when we scored sounded subdued

Comment

i changed seats today to stay out of the rain SAR was dead

Comment

Getting quieter and emptier by the game. Personally I have accepted it is now a #### poor day out at loftus rd now and going is now nowhere near as enjoyable as in years gone by.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Call me cynical but with the current side, it wont be long before you get the classic "We're fcking sh*t" going at every game and that won't benefit anyone.

Personally think once you get it right on the field, the atmosphere takes care of itself.
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

We could always try do something about it??

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                Barnsley 1.0 at home
                Loftus rd was dead
                Never in my time supporting Rangers has Loftus rd been so quiet
                It was empty but I've definitely known it quieter.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                  Home:
                  Standing needs to be permitted. The likes of Millwall, Leeds, Ipswich, Sheff Wed etc all have massive standing sections and this helps to generate atmosphere. It is so much harder to scream/shout when you are sitting down but when you stand up it is easier to get involved in the game and get behind the team. ATM we have to sit everywhere or the stewards throw us out. In the whole ground I would be surprised if more than 200 are standing.

X block. This stand is pretty much empty most games. It is right next to the away fans so why not make the above, here. Make the prices £20 or so, and encourage it to be the signing area and give a warning to those buying tickets that views might be blocked due to people standing and allow us to stand there. I would go there everygame and they/we can help the QPR blocks and sing with them or just sign normally.

Make it cheaper for under 23s. Atm (correct me if I am wrong) we only offer cheaper tickets to under 21s. Extend that as 23 year olds are still doing their education at uni etc so make it affordable for them. In theory (obviously exceptions to the rule both ways) the younger fans are the ones who are making the noise so help them come to the ground.

Away:
                  I have said this so many times. Our away support needs to stand up. Newcastle away,almsot everyone stood and the atmosphere was amazing. Lower tier against teams we all stand and make noise but at other grounds, we all sit down. Like at Forest or at MK in the past, we have decent (ish) numbers but 90% of the fans were sitting. Against Millwall this year we were standing and in the first half we were in great voice.

I actually go less now because everyone sits and don't bother trying to make noise. I don't enjoy that so I don't go. I don't want to be told to sit down every two seconds - I wouldn't at a gig so I won't at a footy game.

Subsidise the costs for under 23s for the same reasons as above.

Btw, I am 28.
                  I was standing at Norwich new year day 2011 all i got was crap from their
                  stewards yet the home fans were standing all the match total joke.

We lost 2-1 to a penalty that never was won by bloody Grant Holt
                  supposedly being fouled by Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                    We could always try do something about it??
                    i thought this group was ? No sign of them yesterday
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      It was empty but I've definitely known it quieter.
                      ive been going since 81 and this is the deadest ive ever known home games to be
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I must admit the group said they started up with the hope of improving the atmosphere at home and away games. But at the moment they haven't done anything other than ask about flags.

Setting up in xblock seems a great shout, need a willing man to properly arrange this.

Comment

New season tickets in Y block are dirt cheap. Must be to get it as a signing section?

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                            New season tickets in Y block are dirt cheap. Must be to get it as a signing section?
                            Cannot wait to see the signs they come up with !!

Comment

So, it looks like the club is listening...they've created Y block which has dirt cheap tickets...£225! I'm considering it.

Comment

You and me both. But I only want to stand and dont want to be at the back. Great move by the club though.

Comment

Working...
                                X