Welcome 'The Loft Boys'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome 'The Loft Boys'

Who is for a new singing area in x block??

'The Loft Boys' are a newly formed group looking at ways to improve the atmosphere at home and away.

Are their creators members on here?

I've always thought we should create a new singing block in x block. Right next to the away fans would be a good bit of banter. Pretty empty over in that block so would be a easy block to start with.

They are @theloftboys82 on twitter.

If anybody has any ideas or would like to get involved it would be good.

I'd be willing to swap my home s/t for a couple of games to see what we could do.
    Yes 100% for it
    74.00%
    Yes but have reservations
    10.00%
    No don't see the point, move to r block if you want it
    10.00%
    100% no stupid idea
    6.00%

Home:
    Standing needs to be permitted. The likes of Millwall, Leeds, Ipswich, Sheff Wed etc all have massive standing sections and this helps to generate atmosphere. It is so much harder to scream/shout when you are sitting down but when you stand up it is easier to get involved in the game and get behind the team. ATM we have to sit everywhere or the stewards throw us out. In the whole ground I would be surprised if more than 200 are standing.

X block. This stand is pretty much empty most games. It is right next to the away fans so why not make the above, here. Make the prices £20 or so, and encourage it to be the signing area and give a warning to those buying tickets that views might be blocked due to people standing and allow us to stand there. I would go there everygame and they/we can help the QPR blocks and sing with them or just sign normally.

Make it cheaper for under 23s. Atm (correct me if I am wrong) we only offer cheaper tickets to under 21s. Extend that as 23 year olds are still doing their education at uni etc so make it affordable for them. In theory (obviously exceptions to the rule both ways) the younger fans are the ones who are making the noise so help them come to the ground.

Away:
    I have said this so many times. Our away support needs to stand up. Newcastle away,almsot everyone stood and the atmosphere was amazing. Lower tier against teams we all stand and make noise but at other grounds, we all sit down. Like at Forest or at MK in the past, we have decent (ish) numbers but 90% of the fans were sitting. Against Millwall this year we were standing and in the first half we were in great voice.

I actually go less now because everyone sits and don't bother trying to make noise. I don't enjoy that so I don't go. I don't want to be told to sit down every two seconds - I wouldn't at a gig so I won't at a footy game.

Subsidise the costs for under 23s for the same reasons as above.

Btw, I am 28.
    Last edited by SpongeParr; 19-01-2018, 03:38 PM. Reason: Editing my opening post to have more information. I wont say the usual move the family stand.

Comment

I’ve said that all season long about x block

Comment

If anyone is on twitter it might be an idea to ask them to come on here , make a sticky thread ,and keep people on here informed . Anything to improve the atmosphere would be a good thing .
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
          If anyone is on twitter it might be an idea to ask them to come on here , make a sticky thread ,and keep people on here informed . Anything to improve the atmosphere would be a good thing .
          Done. Sent my first tweet in about 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
            Nice one Sponge ,hopefully they will get on here and that will help get the ball rolling , so many people check this site out who arnt even members . its got to help

Comment

I want some of those milk cup semi final stickers!!!

Comment

sit in ellerslie x block every home game.
                last season and season before was near on packed every game, with a good crowd at the back giving it to the away support, that got the whole block going,especially
                games against the big boys, and Brentford and Fulham.

this season hardly any of the old faces turn up, maybe 10, 20 0n a good day, but still gets the majority of the block going.

good shout on making x block a sit/stand where you want policy at a score a ticket.....when its loud the chaps opposite in sar join in as well.

Comment

i would move to x block if they get things going there

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                    Dont know anything about twitter ,but ive just been on their twitter page and your post isn`t on it mate ,does it take time to appear ?

Comment

Get it right on the pitch and you won't need to create a special place to stand.

Comment

I've also just messaged them on twitter. Told them that we have started this thread about their group and welcomed them to come join and take some of our ideas/ suggestions.

Their Twitter has only been formed for a couple of weeks and it's already 300+ strong so there must be some interest

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                          Dont know anything about twitter ,but ive just been on their twitter page and your post isn`t on it mate ,does it take time to appear ?
                          No idea haha

Comment

the only way forward is to join the only all standing part of the ground,which is my brigade q block the only criteria is a broken nose a shaven head and loads of muscles
                            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Sorry if it means going bare chested and waving my t shirt above my head then I can't join.

Comment

Working...
                              X