Niko Muir.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niko Muir.

Banging them in at Isthmian Prem level at least, but could be an interesting prospect:
    http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/...-qpr-1-5358193

More here:
    http://www.hendonfc.net/News

Here's where he's been scoring:
    http://www.hendonfc.net/Fixtures

Originally posted by Acton Stations View Post
    Banging them in at Isthmian Prem level at least, but could be an interesting prospect:
    http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/...-qpr-1-5358193

More here:
    http://www.hendonfc.net/News

Here's where he's been scoring:
    http://www.hendonfc.net/Fixtures
    playing today in a behind closed doors friendly against chelscum.

would be interesting to know how the lump got on.

at only 24yo, he is a bit of a journeyman already, has played for 6 different clubs already.

something fishy about the fella methinks.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

at only 24yo, he is a bit of a journeyman already, has played for 6 different clubs already.

Well if we were looking for someone to give him the benefit of the doubt I am pretty sure you wouldn't get many votes Hits

Comment

Know your non league football then hits It is practically impossible to get more than rolling contracts in non league unless you are at one of the main profile clubs.

Players move around according to who can pay them a decent wage, who is most adaptable in terms of training (against work) and depending on who is in need - they don't rack and stack and players go when a vacancy arises.

It's not like in the pro world where coaches/managers perceive a player to be the wrong sort and move them on. So I wouldn't take any notice of his history, other than his prolific scoring record.

I was at a Bostick/Isthmian Club as a coach until last season; the lad is not a lump at all, he's average build for the level and the bits of information I've been able to pick up over the last couple of days suggests he is a genuine prospect.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

A bit depressing really because it really shows just how broke we are.

Comment

In no way am I saying any signing from non league will come close but would love to see the reaction if we had bought Vardy instead of Leicester.

Comment

I have seen Niko play on many occasions at Hendon(he has had 2 spells there)after scoring quite a few goals during his first spell he was signed by Leiston who were also in the Ryman league(now Bostik league)on a 2 year deal(unusual at that level).At the end of the season for whatever reason he re-signed for Hendon on a contract and has been rattling in the goal.It is a very big jump from there to the Championship and I would like very much for him to make it.In my opinion he could certainly play in the Conference/league 2.It would be interesting to see how players who only train once or twice a week are improved by full time training.Oh and he isn't a lump either.

Comment

Originally posted by rainham r View Post
                .It would be interesting to see how players who only train once or twice a week are improved by full time training.Oh and he isn't a lump either.

Yes it would be and I have often wondered this myself.

If he was signed this month, I would expect him to just play with the Development squad this season and after a full pre season the 1st team squad if he proves himself capable. If he was to excel for the Development squad he could be given a chance this season.

Comment

I have seen Niko play on many occasions at Hendon(he has had 2 spells there)after scoring quite a few goals during his first spell he was signed by Leiston who were also in the Ryman league(now Bostik league)on a 2 year deal(unusual at that level).At the end of the season for whatever reason he re-signed for Hendon on a contract and has been rattling in the goal.It is a very big jump from there to the Championship and I would like very much for him to make it.In my opinion he could certainly play in the Conference/league 2.It would be interesting to see how players who only train once or twice a week are improved by full time training.Oh and he isn't a lump either.
                  Rainham Kent or Essex? I laughed when Hits said he was a lump because he is a perfect fit for the level. Funnily enough I was at VCD on Tuesday night for an U23 game and Niko would have been a lighweight compared to both sides

Sorry, just saw you are a Kent Rainham
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    A bit depressing really because it really shows just how broke we are.
                    Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
                    In no way am I saying any signing from non league will come close but would love to see the reaction if we had bought Vardy instead of Leicester.
                    Rebel why is it depressing!!

You know about Vardy and about Austin and I'm sure you know about Les F too - the days of finding hidden gems in the non league have become a bit of a fantasy because of the modern money, Sky, the EPL, la Liga and now PSG in League Un, but the fact is football exists on so many levels beyond this fantasy football, people work damn hard to ensure grass roots keeps going and once in a while, the joy is beholden - not that you care because it's all about the dollar.

To some of us, a career in and around the edges of football makes us care and we will never stop, thank god, because the modern day wanna be's have ruined reality for the rest of us.

Only last weekend, my father in law (who is a name every fan of our Club knows and should respect) was dancing to Madness at his own Wife's 80th birthday and when he'd finished, he said yeah this whole life is Mad, but I wouldn't change a thing and you, as a proper football fan, should be proud of the way you treat your own son (who has been Academy status for 8 years) (and who is also a Rangers season ticket holder for 13 years, since aged 2) (and goes R's games home and away with me when ever he can) but irrespective of your lifelong support (over 50 seasons) do not let the boy choose Rangers over a life in this game, even if he ends up getting released from (current Championship academy contract) the Club he's at and moving to one of the offers he has on the table (Championship full time first Scholar contract or 3 year deal in league 1) unless they accept that he will want time off to support the Club he loves. Real football people will understand that whereas the money grabbers (Arsenal and Chelsea in London for sure) will never give him time for anything
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Sorry Bluehoop I am a Rainham Essex r.

Comment

Sorry Bluehoop I am a Rainham Essex r.
                        Don't apologise for being Essex fella, Leighsie migh smile but Facto is long since banned so it's all good - we are all R's together
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          Rebel why is it depressing!!

You know about Vardy and about Austin and I'm sure you know about Les F too - the days of finding hidden gems in the non league have become a bit of a fantasy because of the modern money, Sky, the EPL, la Liga and now PSG in League Un, but the fact is football exists on so many levels beyond this fantasy football, people work damn hard to ensure grass roots keeps going and once in a while, the joy is beholden - not that you care because it's all about the dollar.

To some of us, a career in and around the edges of football makes us care and we will never stop, thank god, because the modern day wanna be's have ruined reality for the rest of us.

Only last weekend, my father in law (who is a name every fan of our Club knows and should respect) was dancing to Madness at his own Wife's 80th birthday and when he'd finished, he said yeah this whole life is Mad, but I wouldn't change a thing and you, as a proper football fan, should be proud of the way you treat your own son (who has been Academy status for 8 years) (and who is also a Rangers season ticket holder for 13 years, since aged 2) (and goes R's games home and away with me when ever he can) but irrespective of your lifelong support (over 50 seasons) do not let the boy choose Rangers over a life in this game, even if he ends up getting released from (current Championship academy contract) the Club he's at and moving to one of the offers he has on the table (Championship full time first Scholar contract or 3 year deal in league 1) unless they accept that he will want time off to support the Club he loves. Real football people will understand that whereas the money grabbers (Arsenal and Chelsea in London for sure) will never give him time for anything
                          Yes I know the sport,but you make a very good arguement

Comment

Rebel, all I'm saying is, give it a whirl and see rather than dismiss it. I've been in this game for many years and yes, it is a hard slog and yes, it is cut throat, but don't give up on what you love, in the end we could end up happy (and no, I'm not drunk or on drugs)
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Its the original wAy we operated.

Identify them, train them, play them & then sell them.

We weren’t half as much in debt doing it that way round, rather than buying them after the first 3 steps have already been done.

Comment

Working...
                              X