Wheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheeler

Is he on his way out? Its reported on the West London Sports.

I'd be very disappointed if he was.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      I'd be very disappointed if he was.
      You're not the only one. Never given a real chance here.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        the whole article is basically:

wheeler is not playing very often
        ...and there's been no announcement that he's injured
        ...so maybe he isn't in holloway's plans
        ....and if that's true, then perhaps he might want a move.
        however, there's no indication that the club want to move him on and no sign of any interest even if they did.

sites like getwestlondon.co.uk need to churn out regular content, even when there's not much to say. it can be that there's something to the wheeler situation, but the journalist appears to be heavily speculating. you could do a search and replace in the article, substituting "ryan manning" for "david wheeler" and it would be almost as relevant.

Comment

Comment

It's a shame we haven't seen a bit more of Wheeler, but there is a very real possibility that he simply isn't good enough. Let's look at the facts, the guy is 27 years old and up until 6 months ago, he hadn't played at higher standard than League 2. He was also still playing at Staines Town until he was 22 years old having not made the grade as a youth at Brighton.

We also don't know what goes on in training. Perhaps he is just clearly below the desired level. Perhaps he's not working hard enough to catch the managers eye. If either of these suggestions are true then it is absolutely the right idea to ship him on, try to get a transfer fee, and save a few quid in wages.

Let's call it what it is. Wheeler was a player that had scored a lot of goals a couple of divisions below us, and was available on the cheap. We rolled the dice, and he has proven not to be up to this level. I'd suspect we probably knew this might have happened when we signed him, but were safe in the knowledge we would have got at least our money back for him, having signed him with just 1 year left on his previous contract.
            Last edited by Tarbie; 18-01-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Looks like the board expect the kids to keep us out of relegation trouble ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                  No way should he be got rid of....great prospect and played well whenever given the chance for us...shoots on sight!....I used to love Olly but he's starting to do my nut in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                    No way should he be got rid of....great prospect and played well whenever given the chance for us...shoots on sight!....I used to love Olly but he's starting to do my nut in.
                    Good point, but if Holloway doesn't rate him and won't play him, it is best to sell him and recoup some money as well as save on wages. Who knows, Holloway might even be allowed to sign a player or two in this window rather than just shipping them out.

Comment

can't say i've seen a lot of him , jury out

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                        Not sure we can call someone 27 years of age a "good prospect" to be honest. What is he, a late bloomer? Is he gonna be ready for 1st team action just in time for his 30th birthday?

The melt down on here every time we sell a player is crazy in my opinion. Last week we had fans (including at least 1 who posts on here by the way) tweeting the club and Tony in outrage cos we let Grego-Cox and Petrasso go. 2 players that have had a squad number for 4 years and played a combined total of just over 10 matches.

There is a lot to complain about as a QPR fan at the moment, but this is not one of them. We need to trust that when a player is let go, it's because they aren't good enough. I think this is clearly something which we get right, given that nobody we shift on ever seems to do any better at their next club (aside from players like Sterling, who we were compensated well for)!

Comment

Agree he’s no prospect at 27 but the annoyance from fans is why bring someone in four months ago then get shot. Surely if we done our homework in advance we would know he is or is not good enough?? Why do we need to sign a player to work this out. He he’s not good enough after four months he was not good enough when we bought

We’re supposed to have no money due to wasting it, well we’re doing same thing just with lesser amounts

For record I’m not saying he’s not good enough just giving example

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Agree he’s no prospect at 27 but the annoyance from fans is why bring someone in four months ago then get shot. Surely if we done our homework in advance we would know he is or is not good enough?? Why do we need to sign a player to work this out. He he’s not good enough after four months he was not good enough when we bought

We’re supposed to have no money due to wasting it, well we’re doing same thing just with lesser amounts

For record I’m not saying he’s not good enough just giving example
                            Not sure it's as black and white as that mate. You can do as much scouting as you want, when a player is making a jump 40 or 50 places up the football league it's always a roll of the dice, ain't it? Some will work out, others won't. Only way you're really going to know is to give them a go. For every Charlie Austin or Jamie Vardy, I bet there is 100 David Wheelers.

I'm also pretty sure we got him for peanuts. He was at Exeter who are a tiny club with modest resources, and in the final year of his contract. We might even make a tidy profit on the guy when we shift him on.
                            Last edited by Tarbie; 19-01-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                              I’d rather young & hurgry players attempted it then the likes of Caulker & other deadwood with no passion

Barnsley are a great example of young & hungry attitude in football
                              Under Les Ferdinand:
                              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
                              X