Bristol City fan in peace with all the local info for Saturday week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol City fan in peace with all the local info for Saturday week

IMPORTANT Please buy your tickets in advance.

Coming by road.

Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol. YOU WILL GET LOST

Use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport. It looks the long way round but its quicker.

Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 1pm please don't block drive ways or park on corners.

Coming by train

There is a local train service to PARSON STREET from Bristol Temple Meads at 12:25 13:25 13:56 and 14:25

Good train times as most trains from the North or from the London direction arrive at quarter to the hour or quarter past the hour. It takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and walk the rest of the way return by train to Bristol T.M. is at 17:37pm. You will pass Sainsburys on the left with restaurant,Robins pub again on your left hand side.

When you approach the ground I suggest you walk past wickes using the pavement as the concourse area behind the big new stand gets very congested with bodies.

Please make sure you get your train ticket showing PARSON STREET. We are trying to promote PARSON STREET for football fans till Ashton gate halt comes on line. Split train tickets are available to Bristol from the London area.

If there are at least three of you get a taxi

Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end

Or use the brown buses from the bottom of the incline of the station which depart approximate 13:55pm with returns just after the match finishes

On your return to London or the North the trains leave Bristol Temple Meads at 17:30pm and I think you will struggle to get back to Bristol Temple meads for 17:30pm

Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City, don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish. The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston). Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses". Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's.

Pubs
    Possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage. Suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.

Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.

Match Commentary
    BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm), and the match commentary will be on BBC radio Bristol DAB.

Past QPR attendances
    In season 2016/17 1,667 QPR visited Ashton gate and in 2015/16 1,337 QPR fans visited Ashton Gate
    Last edited by Stanley; 16-01-2018, 01:48 PM. Reason: Cleaned up formatting to make it easier to follow.

Originally posted by infoman View Post
    Coming by road.
    Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol

YOU WILL GET LOST

If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
    It looks the long way round but its quicker.
    Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 1pm please don't block drive ways or park on corners.
    If you are coming by train there is a local train service to PARSON STREET from Bristol Temple Meads
    at 12:25 13:25 13:56 and 14:25
    Good train times as most trains from the North or from the London direction arrive at quarter to the hour or quarter past the hour
    it takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and walk the rest of the way return by train to Bristol T.M. is at 17:37pm.
    You will pass Sainsburys on the left with restaurant,Robins pub again on your left hand side
    When you approach the ground I suggest you walk past wickes using the pavement
    as the concourse area behind the big new stand gets very congested with bodies
    Please make sure you get your train ticket showing PARSON STREET
    We are trying to promote PARSON STREET for football fans till Ashton gate halt comes on line.
    Split train tickets are available to Bristol from the London area.
    Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end
    or use the brown buses from the bottom of the incline of the station.
    Which depart approximate 13:55pm with returns just after the match finishes
    On your return to London or the North the trains leave Bristol Temple Meads at 17:30pm and I think you will struggle to get back to Bristol Temple meads for 17:30pm
    Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish
    The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)
    Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
    Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's
    Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
    BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm),
    and the match commentary it will be on BBC radio Bristol DAB.
    Pubs: best ones are along the Cumberland Roads area,suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.
    In season 2016/17 1,667 QPR visited Ashton gate and in 2015/16 1,337 QPR fans visited Ashton Gate
    Pretty sure South Acton Estate is the blocks used for OFAH.

Cheers for the post anyway. Some good info for those travelling.

Comment

I think from series 6 or 7 that outside shots were moved out of London to Bristol.

The riot scenes were definitely film in the Ashton flats area.

Comment

I think from series 6 or 7 that outside shots were moved out of London to Bristol.

The riot scenes were definitely film in the Ashton flats area.
        Ah ok. Makes sense.

Comment

Brilliant advice - could have done with that last two seasons. Sadly will probably have to give this year a miss though.

Comment

Thank you for all the info infoman, most appreciated. I've tidied up the formatting to make it easier to follow your directions.

Coming by road.

Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol. YOU WILL GET LOST

Use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport. It looks the long way round but its quicker.

Coming by train

There is a local train service to PARSON STREET from Bristol Temple Meads at 12:25 13:25 13:56 and 14:25

Good train times as most trains from the North or from the London direction arrive at quarter to the hour or quarter past the hour. It takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and walk the rest of the way return by train to Bristol T.M. is at 17:37pm. You will pass Sainsburys on the left with restaurant,Robins pub again on your left hand side.

When you approach the ground I suggest you walk past wickes using the pavement as the concourse area behind the big new stand gets very congested with bodies.

Please make sure you get your train ticket showing PARSON STREET. We are trying to promote PARSON STREET for football fans till Ashton gate halt comes on line. Split train tickets are available to Bristol from the London area.

Or use the brown buses from the bottom of the incline of the station which depart approximate 13:55pm with returns just after the match finishes

Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City, don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish. The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston). Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses". Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's.

Pubs
            Possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage. Suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.

Match Commentary
            BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm), and the match commentary will be on BBC radio Bristol DAB.

Past QPR attendances

Comment

i drove their a few seasons ago ,1-1 draw . got stuck in a little car park then the sat nav kept taking me round and round the town centre , the train next time for me

Comment

No Probs.

Comment

Working...
                X