Memories of the plastic pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
    Tidy tidy mob.better than spurs then fact. Still we got done by Charlton few times lol
    remember white city station ,(after about ten of them had given it the biggun in the Loft ) probably about 86 ,it went off , we went off with Charlton but we was just kids , seemed to take ages for QPR to turn up
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

My best time as a Rangers fan in general. Cheap to get in as a kid great atmosphere, ground packed. Standing in the lower loft and paddocks. Football was good to watch top London side for a few years. Loved Bannister and Byrne. Loved the astro trainers they wore and still do. The kits the sponsor. Was a great time to be a Ranger. Still got my old season ticket books. One of the funniest times was when we played Forest and they got a corner. The steward (proper mr muscle type) picked the ball up and Stuart Pearce was yelling at him to give him the ball. The steward froze and Pearcey was proper going nuts at him and swearing at him. Was comical seeing his face, he nearly cried. My Dad played against Stuart Pearce when he was a kid playing in goal for a Sunday league side before he went to Forest. We had a really good side back then.

Comment

Loved it.

The sand bouncing up and the Adidas Tango ball just being fizzed around without a bobble in sight. Goalkeepers with their tracky bottoms on. Great days and a brilliant team.

I remember before games we had 2 giant Guinness pints on the pitch too.

Comment

Wayne Fereday steaming down the wing,Newcastle 5-5 ,all those Adidas kits, the feud with Luton, beating Chelsea 6-0, agree with all the above those 80s plastic pitch days were great times

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
            Wayne Fereday steaming down the wing,Newcastle 5-5 ,all those Adidas kits, the feud with Luton, beating Chelsea 6-0, agree with all the above those 80s plastic pitch days were great times
            The little ratty tash and mullet

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
              The little ratty tash and mullet
              Not many of us escaped the 80s without a wedge, perm or mullet ,or all three !

Comment

Wayne is a QPR fan is he not.

He was lightening quick

Comment

Is there a bigger 'troll' club in the country than us?

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    fillery proper wrong 'un him and his mates were convicted of giving my 75 year old grandad a blackeye , think he was about 16 at the time
                    Ouch.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      was at the 1st game we played on it , reckon it could have been v luton and we lost
                      It was and we did. They played good football in those days and showed us how to play on it.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                        Does anyone remember John Burrige the keeper who used to walk on his hands
                        I remember a save he made at Charlton when he changed his body position in mid-air to save a deflection. Fantastic save but nowhere near the coverage they get these days so nothing was made of it. He used to shout 'clean sheet, clean sheet' all the time. Great keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                          My best time as a Rangers fan in general. Cheap to get in as a kid great atmosphere, ground packed. Standing in the lower loft and paddocks. Football was good to watch top London side for a few years. Loved Bannister and Byrne. Loved the astro trainers they wore and still do. The kits the sponsor. Was a great time to be a Ranger. Still got my old season ticket books. One of the funniest times was when we played Forest and they got a corner. The steward (proper mr muscle type) picked the ball up and Stuart Pearce was yelling at him to give him the ball. The steward froze and Pearcey was proper going nuts at him and swearing at him. Was comical seeing his face, he nearly cried. My Dad played against Stuart Pearce when he was a kid playing in goal for a Sunday league side before he went to Forest. We had a really good side back then.
                          my brother played against him as well , pearce played in goal for ham ( near richmond ) on a saturday

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Imagine this Rommel plastic pitch and Ollie as manager

I’m joking pinky I’m joking
                            Oiiii no i loved our pitch westy tbh, & find it hard others not liking it as we was masters on it, & skilful which is want you want to see at the end of the day, always sticks in my mind with the bad winters wee seem to have more of back then, you could always guarantee our homes games still on while most others games were postponed, but loved watching us playing on it and outplaying others.
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

We won the masters 5 a side at wembley a few times i think, so the club thought lets get the same surface for the real team to play on.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                                best thing about astroturf was when i stacked ,getting over the wall from the Loft ,to the pitch ,during the protest, pitch invasion against Man City ,in 87,i didnt f uck up my cords too much (,not Lois ,was a a couple of years later) plieted jumbos, probably Chevignon ,but either way advantage on the pitch or not ,no holes in my expensive cords ,and for a 16 year old casual with a rat arsed chance of a decent job it was good!
                                Couldnt beat the old jumbo cords
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X