Memories of the plastic pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    lived in roehampton a a boy , know the estate and a few off it , and pub though i never went in their , remember the market gardener next door a right rough pub
    I frequented the Market gardeners for years lol. But you're right it did have a good few unsavoury characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      40p for a programme
      And you would still have read mine instead of buying one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canadian Ranger View Post
        The Wall's firm was the F-troop and the Bushwackers - no idea where there idea of a Zulu chant came from!?!?! Who knows what went on in the brains of their supporters back then - the mind boggles! Agreed, the news piece was all a bit "Millwall just standing up for their team" - but then, it was a different time for sure! I remember the adrenaline rushing and then it all fizzling out at full time.
        Should imagine they mean the oooo ooo ooo ooo chant
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
          And you would still have read mine instead of buying one.

ol westy

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

ol westy
            If two people read his programme then he’s getting better value for money don’t know what he’s moaning about

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              If two people read his programme then he’s getting better value for money don’t know what he’s moaning about

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                Spurs 2-2 people sitting round pitch.only game on in London.loads of other fans in ground to have go at spurs
                Really kicked off outside ground after the game, my Dad got knocked down by Police Horse outside the Box Office. Placid man my Dad but he went mental at the Coppers, as they just charged through, looking back afterwards it was really dangerous what they did and he could have got seriously injured, fortunately other fans broke his fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                  I frequented the Market gardeners for years lol. But you're right it did have a good few unsavoury characters.
                  like steve sherwood and his gang

Comment

• Yep lol. Never had a problem with him myself and neither would i want to either lol
                    Last edited by qprjeff1882; 17-01-2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• My overriding memory of the plastic pitch, was towards the end of its lifespan it seemed to be held together in places, with green carpet tape!

Comment

• Originally posted by wormholt View Post
                        many games stick in the mind about that plastic, from the first game against luton, which we lost 2-1, to the last game.
                        but the one that sticks in my mind is the night league cup game against millwall, '87 I think.
                        the night of the Zulu chants, few offs inl the ellerslie/sar/and paddocks, with millwall throwing smoke bombs and bangers (not sausages) onto the pitch.

this one
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Loved the plastic pitch days especially in the paddock .. although not very friendly when forest came to say hello in about 84. As everyone else has said we seemed to get Luton every draw in cup competitions .. and lost

Comment

• Originally posted by Bracknell Neil View Post
                            Loved the plastic pitch days especially in the paddock .. although not very friendly when forest came to say hello in about 84. As everyone else has said we seemed to get Luton every draw in cup competitions .. and lost
                            Remember the forest game.
                            Standing in the paddock when I heard a northern monkey say to his mate “Ave thee got thy blade”
                            Must admit, I took two steps sideways at that point.
                            Seconds later it all kicked off and they got a good shoeing.
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

• All the so called big London clubs never rated us but always rated forrest Boro utd Everton etc. But all the mentioned always turned out for us and rated us.
                              Last edited by Gtleighsr3; 17-01-2018, 07:21 PM.
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• Do remember we beat Luton 6-1 once. They were so bad even Paul Parker scored! Not sure if that was during or just after plastic pitch era though.

Comment

Working...
                                X