Memories of the plastic pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
    Coventry was good I mean bad at home.some er naughty people bashed them all over south Africa stand b4 game started. Shocking shocking shocking.that we I mean they walked out and just paid in another part of ground lol
    That wouldn't be the same group of nasty thugs that stood toe to toe with the baby squad in fa cup around 87 would it ?

Comment

• Was that when the fat boy got a bike helmet in the pie race allegedly
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• Not sure mate but Leicester met their match that day especially before the game .

Comment

• I think it was, I mean I heard it was.

Comment

• Was that the match Leicester plotted up in SAR stand ,up near the Loft end ?
            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
              That 82 /83 promotion season on the plastic was special , the last few home games v Leicester , Fulham , Leeds and wolves it seemed like we invaded the pitch every week , kicked off big time with wolves down by corner of the ellersie and away end .
              Sounds about right.
              The Wolves game, my mate and me helped a Wolves fan whi got his legs crushed when The Ellersie rd wall collapsed up near The School end. We managed to get him to a seat only for OB to rush us and knock him flying.
              Outside up between the T.A. and old WCS it also went a bit crazy.
              The Leeds game invasion was also a bit crazy as their deer hunter hat wearing firm had a bad rep at the time and didnt expect half the ground to rush the pitch and pelt coins into The School end. When my mate and me got back to his mums house that evening, his mum had recorded the news on VHS and asked did we want to see the highlights; she put it on for us and paused it with my mate and me clear as day on the pitch 'waving' to the Leeds fans.
              Needless to say, I wasn't welcome anymore around my mates house.
              BTW, welcome to the board rod
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• who can forget the quarter final league cup games against Ipswich, in '84, HOME and AWAY.
                both mental nights.
                the game at portman road was a draw, trouble all round the ground, and fighting on the pitch after.

the replay on the plastic we lost. qpr fans massed in the white city estate waiting for the Ipswich after the game,
                after ripping out seats in the sar stand, f block in them days, and pelting them at the Ipswich in the away end.

Comment

• Jason dozells bro got nicked on pitch that night lol.remember the half advertising board being swung about

Comment

• Was Newcastle 5 - 5 on the plastic

Comment

• Originally posted by wormholt View Post
                      who can forget the quarter final league cup games against Ipswich, in '84, HOME and AWAY.
                      both mental nights.
                      the game at portman road was a draw, trouble all round the ground, and fighting on the pitch after.

the replay on the plastic we lost. qpr fans massed in the white city estate waiting for the Ipswich after the game,
                      after ripping out seats in the sar stand, f block in them days, and pelting them at the Ipswich in the away end.
                      Didn't we also play them in the league the same week?
                      I remember the away game, 10 mins before the end, there was a mass exodus from the away end running around to the home end; then I am almost certain there was trouble on the train going home?
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                        Didn't we also play them in the league the same week?
                        I remember the away game, 10 mins before the end, there was a mass exodus from the away end running around to the home end; then I am almost certain there was trouble on the train going home?
                        yes mate, quite a few got round to the home end just before the game finished, with Ipswich fans coming out as well, the ob had their hands full.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                          Jason dozells bro got nicked on pitch that night lol.remember the half advertising board being swung about
                          Reading about all these happy days and was about to ask if that was the one with the advertising board Both games were a proper chuckle. And the Leeds game in 83 was quality too
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Was Newcastle 5 - 5 on the plastic
                            Certainly was
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by wormholt View Post
                              yes mate, quite a few got round to the home end just before the game finished, with Ipswich fans coming out as well, the ob had their hands full.
                              OB were totally stressed. Remember it be very dark & running battles in the carpak and the Police didn't know who to go after.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• We’ve never had fences at Rangers have we

Comment

Working...
                                X