• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    We’ve never had fences at Rangers have we
    Nothing like the electrified fences the scum had when Bates first arrived
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by wormholt View Post
      who can forget the quarter final league cup games against Ipswich, in '84, HOME and AWAY.
      both mental nights.
      the game at portman road was a draw, trouble all round the ground, and fighting on the pitch after.

the replay on the plastic we lost. qpr fans massed in the white city estate waiting for the Ipswich after the game,
      after ripping out seats in the sar stand, f block in them days, and pelting them at the Ipswich in the away end.
      That was a mad night at Ipswich , I was in terrace behind the goal but the main rangers mob were in the seats down side of pitch as soon as the final whistle went they piled onto the pitch and Ipswich came on as well only for our terrace gate to get kicked open and even more rangers piled on , that's when we actually took cup competitions seriously .

Comment

• Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
        That was a mad night at Ipswich , I was in terrace behind the goal but the main rangers mob were in the seats down side of pitch as soon as the final whistle went they piled onto the pitch and Ipswich came on as well only for our terrace gate to get kicked open and even more rangers piled on , that's when we actually took cup competitions seriously .
        I was on the terrace behind the goal as well, got in the ground late, about 20 of us, due to being in some mad club just outside town....Christ knows where.

if I remember rightly, weren't this game called off twice due to bad weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
          That 82 /83 promotion season on the plastic was special , the last few home games v Leicester , Fulham , Leeds and wolves it seemed like we invaded the pitch every week , kicked off big time with wolves down by corner of the ellersie and away end .
          That was a brilliant end to that season. I remember it so well.
          Great thread this.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            That was a brilliant end to that season. I remember it so well.
            Great thread this.
            Crazy eh! I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning, but can remember most of the above like it was yesterday.
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I was on the terrace behind the goal as well, got in the ground late, about 20 of us, due to being in some mad club just outside town....Christ knows where.

if I remember rightly, weren't this game called off twice due to bad weather.
              Your right mate it was postponed a couple of times can still remember having to check teletext before setting off at lunch time on train

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                Was that the match Leicester plotted up in SAR stand ,up near the Loft end ?
                I remember that match really well, they had a good sized mob in there that ended up backed into the top corner with no where to run and rangers all round them, I had excellent view of it from safety of Ellerslie directly opposite.
                A couple of hours before kick off I was in the pub which is now defectors weld (beumont back then?) with my old man, there was a load of young Leicester in there crowded round fruit machine when old bill van screeches up outside and the Leicester mob ran out the door on wood lane side, me and the old man went to play fruit machine after they ran off and down on the floor at the side by the corner of wall there was a few bags (type the bank puts coins in) full of nuts bolts and large nails which they must have dumped when old bill pulled up. I remember one had a yellow jumper and it was pleasing to see him cowering in the top corner of South Africa road trying to get away, his jumper stood out like a sore thumb and him and his mates had obviously intended to hurt people judging by the ammo they left in pub
                Also remember another match with Leicester when it kicked off top tier school end as I think we blew a 2-0 lead after they brought on a young kid called Lineker! Wonder what happened to him?

Comment

who can forget the quarter final league cup games against Ipswich, in '84, HOME and AWAY.
                  both mental nights.
                  the game at portman road was a draw, trouble all round the ground, and fighting on the pitch after.

the replay on the plastic we lost. qpr fans massed in the white city estate waiting for the Ipswich after the game,
                  after ripping out seats in the sar stand, f block in them days, and pelting them at the Ipswich in the away end.
                  i was on the pitch at portman rd , jason dozzells half brother tony "ginger" swallow was clumping rangers fans , got a clump off him myself remember he had really long arms i couldn't get near him . mad night inside and outside
                  Last edited by 72bus; 19-01-2018, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                    I remember that match really well, they had a good sized mob in there that ended up backed into the top corner with no where to run and rangers all round them, I had excellent view of it from safety of Ellerslie directly opposite.
                    A couple of hours before kick off I was in the pub which is now defectors weld (beumont back then?) with my old man, there was a load of young Leicester in there crowded round fruit machine when old bill van screeches up outside and the Leicester mob ran out the door on wood lane side, me and the old man went to play fruit machine after they ran off and down on the floor at the side by the corner of wall there was a few bags (type the bank puts coins in) full of nuts bolts and large nails which they must have dumped when old bill pulled up. I remember one had a yellow jumper and it was pleasing to see him cowering in the top corner of South Africa road trying to get away, his jumper stood out like a sore thumb and him and his mates had obviously intended to hurt people judging by the ammo they left in pub
                    Also remember another match with Leicester when it kicked off top tier school end as I think we blew a 2-0 lead after they brought on a young kid called Lineker! Wonder what happened to him?
                    he now lives by barnes pond , bit of an arrogant bloke if u run into him walking his dog

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      he now lives by barnes pond , bit of an arrogant bloke if u run into him walking his dog
                      Agree. Saw him in a supermarket in Sheen with his ex a couple of years ago and he came across as a right c0ck
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

Comment

• https://twitter.com/forgottengoals/s...83589471866880

Comment

• Looks like few On this thread have served there Rangers military service

Comment

id have the hump if people kept running into me.
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                              id have the hump if people kept running into me.
                              personally i wouldn't even aknowledge the fella but he's offish to little kids and the odd smile wouldn't hurt from him

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                                Agree. Saw him in a supermarket in Sheen with his ex a couple of years ago and he came across as a right c0ck
                                He's a lefty, that can't be right. He loves his fellow humans ........

Comment

Working...
                                X