Memories of the plastic pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories of the plastic pitch

Saw fraggy mention it just now and can’t really recall any threads on on it so for nostalgias sake share your memories

Did anyone like it???

I can only really remember couple of games on it against Liverpool and United. When was it pulled up?

This pitch was a real advantage to us for a while

Ball bounced so high burn marks when tackling

Sure this was the Venables era Luton had one too

Comment

Opposing teams hated it so much

Comment

Did players bottle out tackling because of the pitch

Comment

Remember being on it after the FA cup qtr final vs crystal palace... Clive Allen scored from close range

Comment

Was truly terrible watching football on that pitch, the ball bounced very high and it really showed up the lack of skill of certain players, however our pitch for years always looked like a cow field, so in a way the plastic was at least consistent,although many passes were over hit as it was very fast.
            Cost us the chance of playing European games at the Bush as EUFA banned plastic pitches for Euro games.

Comment

S hit. I hated it. Horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                Was truly terrible watching football on that pitch.
                Imagine this Rommel plastic pitch and Ollie as manager

I’m joking pinky I’m joking

Comment

Tony Currie was brilliant on it

Comment

I actually liked it because so many other teams hated it. My argument was that as kids we played football in the streets so professional footballers should play on anything.

Always liked the El Tel's comments as a sales man for muddy pitches when everyone had a plastic pitch.
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Literally Astro turf laid on concrete?

Comment

ended up fighting police on horses on the pitch, managed to rip up a piece. still have it somewhere.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Remember also going on the pitch after Clive Allen 90 minute winner that day place went totally mentalist

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Saw fraggy mention it just now and can’t really recall any threads on on it so for nostalgias sake share your memories

Did anyone like it???

I can only really remember couple of games on it against Liverpool and United. When was it pulled up?
                            Really strange why you ask. We're the same age yet I remember so many games on the plastic pitch. I felt privileged that I just fitted into that age group. I was very young when I started going I guess but have pictures of me on the plastic with seaman and Fenwick. I also remember gary bannister being unplayable on it. Great time to be an r
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Horses on the pitch yes remember it well Hits was my mate and his girlfriends first game

i was in the west paddock that day it was madness Rangers ran on the pitch and taunted the Palace fans

Then they ran on the pitch then horses came on chaos

Comment

Working...
                              X