Have they ever

Comment

Oh yes
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

about 7 /8000 cant blame anyone ,cos we never went
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Our current pitch stands up well all year round they have done good job with it

Comment

I did both

Comment

best thing about astroturf was when i stacked ,getting over the wall from the Loft ,to the pitch ,during the protest, pitch invasion against Man City ,in 87,i didnt f uck up my cords too much (,not Lois ,was a a couple of years later) plieted jumbos, probably Chevignon ,but either way advantage on the pitch or not ,no holes in my expensive cords ,and for a 16 year old casual with a rat arsed chance of a decent job it was good!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  Other players I remember seeing on Television during the Astro Turf days were Mike Flanagan and Mike Fillery. I`m not sure any of those two were that good, but anyway. Mike Fillery came to QPR from Chelsea, I think. A quite tecnical gifted midfielder. Probably in the same team as Gary Waddock..
                  fillery proper wrong 'un him and his mates were convicted of giving my 75 year old grandad a blackeye , think he was about 16 at the time

Comment

That pitch had more sand on it than camber sands

Comment

Hated it.
                      Other fans said it was a massive advantage but in our first season back in the top flight in 83 we won a fair few games away as well so don’t necessarily agree with that.
                      Definitely not as many slide tackles and keepers used to wear tracksuit bottoms to avoid burns.
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                        That pitch had more sand on it than camber sands
                        Love camber ,ive spilled blood ,jizz and 2 stroke on those sands !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Have they ever
                          always giving it round the west end in the 80s

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                            always giving it round the west end in the 80s
                            Tidy tidy mob.better than spurs then fact. Still we got done by Charlton few times lol

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              was at the 1st game we played on it , reckon it could have been v luton and we lost
                              Actually no ( in a way). The reserves played a league game on it a few days before and I went along. The first goal scored was Ian Stewart for us. ( he later famously scored for Northern Ireland v W . Germany). Can’t remember who we played but I think we won1-0. Went on the pitch afterwards to feel what it was like - a bit odd. Later got the chance to run the line on it once when my mates company booked it - you could do it then because of the plastic pitch. Got in the Rangers dressing room and moved the players names on the magnetic tactics board to where I thought they should play!

Comment

Loved it. Nobody had a clue what would happen when the ball hit the pitch, could bounce anywhere. Players scared of sliding tackles. We had a great team too. Technically gifted and played a lot on the floor, I suspect at least partly due to unpredictability of pitch. Good times.

Comment

Working...
                                X