No announcement yet.

Big Bob Hazel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clive Allen broke his ankle in the first 5 minutes of the final. Always Keith Hackett getting in the way of one of our lads and Hoddle picking the ball up and banging it in the bottom corner past Hucker who was different class that day.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
      Yes thought so he played well in that final

Lot of trouble with Spurs fans at half time running battles in the outer circle of the stadium I remember that day
      I remember the look on their faces when our march neared Wembley Triangle.
      The fights in Stonebridge after the replay were a bit naughty as well.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        I remember the look on their faces when our march neared Wembley Triangle.
        The fights in Stonebridge after the replay were a bit naughty as well.
        Bit of a trek from stadium for argy bargy

Comment

The fighting that day was major I've never seen anything like it at a cup final

It was going off everywhere even more at the replay inside the ground

Comment

He was great.
            My banner at Wembley said "Our Bobby stops Crooks" I thought I was so original till I saw half a dozen others!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              He was great.
              My banner at Wembley said "Our Bobby stops Crooks" I thought I was so original till I saw half a dozen others!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                it was painted on the wall on stevanage rd , 6ft 2 eyes of blue he's ernie howe and he's after you
                Played against Ernie Howe at schoolboy level he played for
                Smallberry Green School Isleworth i played for Bulstrode boys
                School Hounslow

Comment

about 20 of us stayed in the bush on the friday night , met at the smuts in the m'ng and walked to wembley on the way the beer lorry got stuck in the middle of us at the jail and lloyd sylvester RIP passed every crate down to the thirsty fans , some bottles got thrown at the screws leaving the nick they turned and run. we went in every pub on the way and had some good banter with the spurs fans .... 20 mins from the twin towers a lorry full of tottenham pulled up there was a 15 minute fisticuff in the road there must of been 100 people going at it . best banner i saw said " why are spurs like my bird , they both have 2 big t*ts up front " , i took loads of photos that day thank god as i knew us getting to the FA cup final would be a one off

Comment

I was living in Stonebridge at the time. Walked down to The Elm Tree in Harlesden for 8am; met up with mates, we then took a bus to LR & joined up there with everyone else. Every offie on route was raided.
                    Remember on the way back when we got to The Harrow Tavern, my brother in law was in CMOB but his brother was a Chelsea supporter & decided to sing some sad Chelsea song; it all went crazy with the traffic on the Harrow road coming to a stop & people jumping out of their cars & hitting the first person they saw.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Oh happy days! Big bob, I think his diving header OG was at Upton Park, I was at a game there when we drew 1-1 and I'm sure he got the OG.
                      Wembley 82, seems like yesterday, how we never won the replay I will never know, chance after chance but the ball just would not go in.
                      Saw trouble outside on the Saturday when in huge Q to get in when spurs came looking for it and got pelted with beer cans (long life, remember that!) loads of trouble at replay as they were everywhere but rangers held their own against a fierce spurs mob.
                      I've mentioned it before on this site that me and my dad are in the famous picture "Currie gives hoddle the runs" which was taken outside before the game at 1230 waiting for gates to open!

Comment

I think The Argentina connection with the Falklands spiced it up considerably.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

as I remember it we were outnumbered 3-1 for the first game but we did seem to have a few more for the replay. Not that I condone such behaviour, but well done boys
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Another question for the wrinkly ravers on the site

How good was in the hoops?? What are your memories

When he’s been invited back on the pitch seems proper character
                            Early day Shittu. Top defender, not great but not much passed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Didnt he play for us alongside Steve Wicks?
                              Pretty sure Wickys was re-signed originally to replace Bobby but it actually made Bobby step up his game and He kept his place alongside Roeder for the season when we got promoted.

Comment

Big Bob was non nonsense defender but when he had the silky skilled roeder next to him didn't need to do much more than win it and give it simple. good player and top bloke by all accounts

Comment

Working...
                                X