No announcement yet.

Non-QPR -RIP Cyrille Regis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fantastic old fashion centre forward , i remember when i was 13 the disgusting racist graffiti all round the hawthorns from brum fans , couldn't work it out why they didn't get rid of it . Regis and cunningham were great men they had bananas thrown at them but never bit and got on with their games . i remember in the 82 semi i'd hold my breathe every time he got the ball he was that good and were not supposed to win , RIP cyrille

Comment

rip to cyril, true legend of the british game

Comment

RIP.
        59 is far too young.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Another one our scouts let get away. Lived on the stonebridge.
          RIP.
          Pretty sure he was playing for Hayes when WBA signed him.

Comment

Indeed, a former Hayes lad. RIP, huge loss far too soon
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Was a real shock hearing this. Was a proper big strong centre forward who’d take no #### off anyone

We spotted him in South Africa Rd one night game doing a bit of scouting had a bit of crack with him he was sound.

Far far too young to die

RIP big man

Comment

RIP Mr Regis, set the standard for many to follow. That West Brom side was truly exciting to watch back in the day.
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Brings lots of memories back...RIP Mr Regis

Comment

RIP Cyrille, way too young.

What a goal this was: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42688158
                    Last edited by Hubble; 15-01-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                      Was a real shock hearing this. Was a proper big strong centre forward who’d take no #### off anyone

We spotted him in South Africa Rd one night game doing a bit of scouting had a bit of crack with him he was sound.

Far far too young to die

RIP big man
                      I kind of read that wrong dave the way you worded it!
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Didnt laurie cunningham pass away when he was quite young aswell, what a player he was with his socks always at his ankles like our dave thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Didnt laurie cunningham pass away when he was quite young aswell, what a player he was with his socks always at his ankles like our dave thomas
                          Yep Laurie died in a car crash in Spain I think, a few years back. WBA were my 2nd team when I was growing up as my Dad worked as a London Rep for his firm, who were based in West Bromwich. They all came down for the Semi Final and my Dad drove them past Wembley on the way back to our place in Northwood. Happy happy days ! Cyrille was fantastic loved watching him but Bob had him tied up that day at Highbury.

Comment

R.I.P. Cyrille a real handful and a very good old fashioned centre forward except against Bobbie Hazell

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              Yep Laurie died in a car crash in Spain I think, a few years back. WBA were my 2nd team when I was growing up as my Dad worked as a London Rep for his firm, who were based in West Bromwich. They all came down for the Semi Final and my Dad drove them past Wembley on the way back to our place in Northwood. Happy happy days ! Cyrille was fantastic loved watching him but Bob had him tied up that day at Highbury.
                              Great story there kit, yeah used to love watching them, especially there 3-5 victory at man utd thats the old first division i prefer to the prem.

Comment

He was a total beast of a player. I was absolutely bricking it before the 82 semi final but early on there was a big high ball hoofed up towards Big Cyrille and Bob Hazell soared above him and headed it clear...... joyous roar that went up from the Rs fan nearly took roof off the North Bank. To this day that moment is etched in my memory - fitting it features Cyrille, he was so totemic of that era. RIP big man.

Comment

Working...
                                X