Burton 1 QPR 3 **Match Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    According to you nas with youre vast football knowlege, you seem to think a midfield doesnt need to be chipping in with goals, saw you post that abit back
    Yep, I don't think it's necessary if the strikers do their job. I've even proven it by showing the cases where prem teams have won the league and their midfielders have scored no more than 5 or 6 goals in the league. Do your research, then get back to me, else don't say anything at all if you can't back it up.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Yep, I don't think it's necessary if the strikers do their job. I've even proven it by showing the cases where prem teams have won the league and their midfielders have scored no more than 5 or 6 goals in the league. Do your research, then get back to me, else don't say anything at all if you can't back it up.
      How many goals have city's midfield scored this season? Case closed
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Sorry connection trouble

Comment

Well im sorry for me that is unbelievable and rubbish, every team in football wants and needs there midfield chipping in, otherwise too much burden on the strikers, tells me youve hardly played if you believe that....
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Im oldskool tarbs and football should be about entertainment aswell as the results, entertainment jimmy certainly didnt deliver.
            Mate, I know you're old school. I agree with you to an extent, you gotta get points and entertain the masses to do well as a manager at QPR. JFH didn't do that, and doesn't appear to be doing well at Northampton either. All I'm saying is that I understood his tactics far more than I do with Ollie most of the time. You see people crack jokes on here about Ollie picking teams from his tombola. This is honestly how I feel some weeks. I just can't work out where some of the ideas and selections come from.

Comment

Well im sorry for me that is unbelievable and rubbish, every team in football wants and needs there midfield chipping in, otherwise too much burden on the strikers, tells me youve hardly played if you believe that....
              He is a computer nerd, always last pick on the playground hence why he doesn't really get it.

Comment

• Christ almighty. You wouldn't think yesterday we'd put in a good performance and registered a very good win.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Christ almighty. You wouldn't think yesterday we'd put in a good performance and registered a very good win.

im all cool here ginge, its quite funny tbh

Comment

• nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

haha that cracked me up hits

Comment

• In fact, f ark it, if I need to do this all over again in even more detail, I have no f arkin issue. It's fun to silence lunacy.

Lets go through every club that's won the prem since 2006-07 and see how many goals their central midfield players have scored in total by comparison to their goal total and decide.

16-17: Chelsea: 7 Goals out of 85
                        15-16: Leicester: 5 Goals out of 68
                        14-15: Chelsea: 12 Goals out of 73
                        13-14: Man City: 33 Goals out of 102 (The Yaya Toure Year)
                        12-13: Man Utd: 10 Goals out of 86
                        11-12: Man City: 16 Goals out of 93
                        10-11: Man Utd: 8 Goals out of 78
                        09-10: Chelsea: 31 Goals out of 103 (The Lampard Year)
                        08-09: Man Utd: 12 Goals out of 68
                        07-08: Man Utd: 6 Goals out of 80
                        06-07: Man Utd: 17 Goals out of 83

So statistically speaking, half the time, prem winners have midfield's that score no more than 10 goals a season and contribute and in 8 out of the 11 seasons, the midfield scores less than 20% of the club's goals.

You wanna complain about our midfield? Here's the comparison

5 of our 31 goals this season were scored by our midfielders
                        8 of our 52 goals last season were scored by our midfielders
                        13 of our 52 goals in 15-16 were scored by our midfielders
                        10 of our 42 goals in 14-15 were scored by our midfielders
                        19 of our 58 goals in 13-14 were scored by our midfielders
                        8 of our 18 goals in 12-13 were scored by our midfielders
                        10 of our 43 goals in 11-12 were scored by our midfielders

You get the idea. In only one full season of football did our midfielders score fewer than 20% of our goals and we still have more coming this season. Yet a lot of the time, our midfield outscores those of the prem winners. Do they complain that their midfield doesn't score enough? No, because their strikers do what they're supposed to do, and that is score. If our strikers and our wingers did the correct job, you wouldn't feel the need to complain about our midfield.
                        Midfields don't need to score the goals that win you titles, strikers do, wingers do, it's their job to be attacking players and let the midfield create and defend.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          He is a computer nerd, always last pick on the playground hence why he doesn't really get it.
                          Oh no, you've shot me in the heart with that... how will I ever recover... last pick on the playground, christ, I'm basically not employable... what hope do I have on this Earth if Weare thinks this about me...

Comment

• Fark me we won yesterday didn't we?

Comment

Oh no, you've shot me in the heart with that... how will I ever recover... last pick on the playground, christ, I'm basically not employable... what hope do I have on this Earth if Weare thinks this about me...
                              Do we have a stat on the recovery time from a burn
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

In fact, f ark it, if I need to do this all over again in even more detail, I have no f arkin issue. It's fun to silence lunacy.

Lets go through every club that's won the prem since 2006-07 and see how many goals their central midfield players have scored in total by comparison to their goal total and decide.

16-17: Chelsea: 7 Goals out of 85
                                15-16: Leicester: 5 Goals out of 68
                                14-15: Chelsea: 12 Goals out of 73
                                13-14: Man City: 33 Goals out of 102 (The Yaya Toure Year)
                                12-13: Man Utd: 10 Goals out of 86
                                11-12: Man City: 16 Goals out of 93
                                10-11: Man Utd: 8 Goals out of 78
                                09-10: Chelsea: 31 Goals out of 103 (The Lampard Year)
                                08-09: Man Utd: 12 Goals out of 68
                                07-08: Man Utd: 6 Goals out of 80
                                06-07: Man Utd: 17 Goals out of 83

So statistically speaking, half the time, prem winners have midfield's that score no more than 10 goals a season and contribute and in 8 out of the 11 seasons, the midfield scores less than 20% of the club's goals.

You wanna complain about our midfield? Here's the comparison

5 of our 31 goals this season were scored by our midfielders
                                8 of our 52 goals last season were scored by our midfielders
                                13 of our 52 goals in 15-16 were scored by our midfielders
                                10 of our 42 goals in 14-15 were scored by our midfielders
                                19 of our 58 goals in 13-14 were scored by our midfielders
                                8 of our 18 goals in 12-13 were scored by our midfielders
                                10 of our 43 goals in 11-12 were scored by our midfielders

You get the idea. In only one full season of football did our midfielders score fewer than 20% of our goals and we still have more coming this season. Yet a lot of the time, our midfield outscores those of the prem winners. Do they complain that their midfield doesn't score enough? No, because their strikers do what they're supposed to do, and that is score. If our strikers and our wingers did the correct job, you wouldn't feel the need to complain about our midfield.
                                Midfields don't need to score the goals that win you titles, strikers do, wingers do, it's their job to be attacking players and let the midfield create and defend.
                                And of all those teams who all have very good strikers and 4 or more of them! and defenders aswell chipping in, sorry nas to think you dont need youre midfielders chipping ins rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                                X