Burton 1 QPR 3 **Match Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I was excited about JFH when he arrived, but he was a let down, wasn't he? I think he is certainly a more tactically astute manager than Ollie, and would dig points out of games that Ollie would lose. I also could more or less understand what he was trying to do tactically most games, although unfortunately often that was simply to grind out a 0-0.

Sousa just wasn't the right manager for us, this league, or England in general. I think it's always tough for managers coming from the continent with no experience of the English game. I really don't think Sousa got his head round it at all!
    Oh flipping heck please tarbs, what a load of rubbish - tactically astute! the blokes teams park the bus & when it fails has no other idea, and attacks a few times in a game, how the hell does that make him more tactically astute? scared to let his players express themselves more like & play within themselves.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Can't see why Warnock coming into it, would need to check. Pretty sure more relegations than promotions for your beau though.
      Well because if hes had a few relegations then hes useless aswell according to youre reckoning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        Oh flipping heck please tarbs, what a load of rubbish - tactically astute! the blokes teams park the bus & when it fails has no other idea, and attacks a few times in a game, how the hell does that make him more tactically astute? scared to let his players express themselves more like & play within themselves.
        Bit like comparing turds though to be fair! Can't we aspire to have someone half decent?

Comment

Well because if hes had a few relegations then hes useless aswell according to youre reckoning.
          Was commenting on overall record.

Comment

Bit like comparing turds though to be fair! Can't we aspire to have someone half decent?
            Nothing wrong with comparing to our previous manager because things have fortunately improved whether you actually like it or not
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I know you dont get it mate. I've tried to explain to you probably over 100 times why I feel that way about him, but clearly it doesn't resonate with you. And for that reason I'm going to refrain from explaining why again.
              Theres no need to get all clever tarbs, i know all youre reasons, but one thing i see wether he does really well or not is, you just dont like him, in your words - hate

Comment

So youve said before furtive, its that stuck record again son, just sit back and enjoy our bit of good form

Comment

Whether you like it or not, he really was mate. The problem was the tactics were more often than not very negative.

Ollie is the other end if the spectrum. All noise and chest beating, combined with whacky ideas that sometimes come off, and often don't. Clearly you're into that style of management. Personally I'm not!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Nothing wrong with comparing to our previous manager because things have fortunately improved whether you actually like it or not
                    I would like it if they had! Need few more wins for that though. Need bit more than a win over burton.

Comment

I would like it if they had! Need few more wins for that though. Need bit more than a win over burton.
                      OK well go back to bed. Try and get out the right side this time. Your wife is an amazing woman to put up with you
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

tHATS THE BIT I JUST FIND NUTS, WETHER YOU THINK HES POOR OR NOT, HES GOT PROMOTIONS AND WE`RE NOW 14TH, YOU DONT GET THEM BEING A POOR MANAGER SORRY TARBS!
                        Oh you definitely do lol.

Gary Megson's been promoted twice, Paul Jewell got promoted to the prem from league 1 within 2 seasons and he's cack. Even Aidy Boothroyd got watford promoted. To top it all off... Harry Redknapp got us promoted. Getting promoted does not make you a good manager.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

OK well go back to bed. Try and get out the right side this time. Your wife is an amazing woman to put up with you
                          I'm chilled mate. Pleased with last two games but not getting carried away after rubbish of last 14 months.

Comment

Whether you like it or not, he really was mate. The problem was the tactics were more often than not very negative.

Ollie is the other end if the spectrum. All noise and chest beating, combined with whacky ideas that sometimes come off, and often don't. Clearly you're into that style of management. Personally I'm not!
                            Im oldskool tarbs and football should be about entertainment aswell as the results, entertainment jimmy certainly didnt deliver.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              Oh you definitely do lol.

Gary Megson's been promoted twice, Paul Jewell got promoted to the prem from league 1 within 2 seasons and he's cack. Even Aidy Boothroyd got watford promoted. To top it all off... Harry Redknapp got us promoted. Getting promoted does not make you a good manager.
                              According to you nas with youre vast football knowlege, you seem to think a midfield doesnt need to be chipping in with goals, saw you post that abit back

Comment

Bit quiet tonight stan. You've been very vocal but surely that performance cheered you up a tad?
                                Sorry WeAre, I was too busy out celebrating the win last night. Hope that's ok? I did post some post-match comments yesterday though in case you missed those.

Comment

Working...
                                X