Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 99

Thread: Gers fans hail Goss as new Pirlo.

  1. Default

    Originally Posted by rickyranger
    We have limited money so need to spend it wisely not buy players and pay them wages when they don’t fit in the system we play or we have a management team that can’t develop the other parts of their game.
    Not sure you can say for sure that he doesn't fit the system when a) he hasn't been played in the system and b) the player(s) in his position are virtually "undroppable"

  2. Default

    Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja
    Yeah but surely he would've had to show something in training to warrant being picked in a match day squad? .
    Perhaps but who is going to drop Luongo / Scowen (the main players in his position) ?

  3. #18

    Default

    Originally Posted by davieqpr
    Their team also included Kranjcar so that tells you the level.
    Rangers fans hailed Niko as the new Gheorghe Hagi after the game.
    QPR since 1993
    WATRB since 2015
    First QPR game hopefully in 2017

  4. #19

    Default

    Originally Posted by peterlund.dk
    Rangers fans hailed Niko as the new Gheorghe Hagi after the game.
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

  5. Default

    Originally Posted by peterlund.dk
    Rangers fans hailed Niko as the new Gheorghe Hagi after the game.
    Georgie Girl more like.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Shepherd's Bush
    Posts
    16,975
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by Shepherds Mush
    Perhaps but who is going to drop Luongo / Scowen (the main players in his position) ?
    Exactly my point mate, Goss would have to show Ollie something for Ollie to consider dropping either one of them, and clearly up until now he hasn't.
    Top Scorers 2017/2018

    Matt Smith - 6
    Conor Washington - 5
    Idrissa Sylla - 4
    Jamie Mackie - 4
    Luke Freeman - 3
    Massimo Luongo - 2
    Jack Robinson - 2
    Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
    Darnell Furlong - 1
    David Wheeler - 1
    Pawel Wszolek - 1
    Paul Smyth - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1

    January Transfers 2018

    IN
    Eberiche Eze (loan return), Matt Ingram (loan return)

    OUT
    Steven Caulker, Yeni Ngbakoto, Sean Goss (loan), Joe Lumley (loan), Reece Grego-Cox, Michael Petrasso, Brandon Comley.

  7. #22

    Default

    Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja
    Exactly my point mate, Goss would have to show Ollie something for Ollie to consider dropping either one of them, and clearly up until now he hasn't.
    Agree although if impressing would have expected him to be on bench and getting at least some game time.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Enfield/Clacton
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Anyway you misread. They called him the new Polo 'cos he left a hole in the middle.

  9. Default

    Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja
    Exactly my point mate, Goss would have to show Ollie something for Ollie to consider dropping either one of them, and clearly up until now he hasn't.
    Ginge, it's nothing to do with having to drop someone. We've only seen Goss a couple of times but IF he is a Carrick type of player, and apparently he is, then there is no room in Ollieball for a player who sits in space, is always available and can pass a ball to forward players making runs. Question should be why did we buy that type of player? Out on loan? He's gone unless Holloway goes first and someone else brings him back.

  10. #25

    Default

    Joey Barton in his own words was gonna be the next Messi or Neymar up in Scotland until Scott Brown & Celtic rolled into town and absolutely smashed them and him to bits to leave him looking rather silly.

    All went downhill after that so I won't take their word right now tbh.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Shepherd's Bush
    Posts
    16,975
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by Alanwycombe
    Ginge, it's nothing to do with having to drop someone. We've only seen Goss a couple of times but IF he is a Carrick type of player, and apparently he is, then there is no room in Ollieball for a player who sits in space, is always available and can pass a ball to forward players making runs. Question should be why did we buy that type of player? Out on loan? He's gone unless Holloway goes first and someone else brings him back.
    Hang on isn't that exactly the role Luongo plays in? The problem with that role in our squad is that there's barely anyone making forward runs for Luongo to pass to.
    Top Scorers 2017/2018

    Matt Smith - 6
    Conor Washington - 5
    Idrissa Sylla - 4
    Jamie Mackie - 4
    Luke Freeman - 3
    Massimo Luongo - 2
    Jack Robinson - 2
    Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
    Darnell Furlong - 1
    David Wheeler - 1
    Pawel Wszolek - 1
    Paul Smyth - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1

    January Transfers 2018

    IN
    Eberiche Eze (loan return), Matt Ingram (loan return)

    OUT
    Steven Caulker, Yeni Ngbakoto, Sean Goss (loan), Joe Lumley (loan), Reece Grego-Cox, Michael Petrasso, Brandon Comley.

  12. Default

    Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja
    Hang on isn't that exactly the role Luongo plays in? The problem with that role in our squad is that there's barely anyone making forward runs for Luongo to pass to.
    Spot on.

  13. #28

    Default

    What a load of old Tosh.

    And let's be honest, that Scottish league is so devoid of talent these days that they'd bust a nut over half the players in the Championship if they went up there. That said, I think Goss is probably a decent player, just a few years behind where he should be in terms of development having had some problems with injuries. I honestly hope he does really well up there and come back into the fold next season with something to prove!
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Shepherd's Bush
    Posts
    16,975
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    What a load of old Tosh.

    And let's be honest, that Scottish league is so devoid of talent these days that they'd bust a nut over half the players in the Championship if they went up there. That said, I think Goss is probably a decent player, just a few years behind where he should be in terms of development having had some problems with injuries. I honestly hope he does really well up there and come back into the fold next season with something to prove!
    Spot on Tarbs
    Top Scorers 2017/2018

    Matt Smith - 6
    Conor Washington - 5
    Idrissa Sylla - 4
    Jamie Mackie - 4
    Luke Freeman - 3
    Massimo Luongo - 2
    Jack Robinson - 2
    Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
    Darnell Furlong - 1
    David Wheeler - 1
    Pawel Wszolek - 1
    Paul Smyth - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1

    January Transfers 2018

    IN
    Eberiche Eze (loan return), Matt Ingram (loan return)

    OUT
    Steven Caulker, Yeni Ngbakoto, Sean Goss (loan), Joe Lumley (loan), Reece Grego-Cox, Michael Petrasso, Brandon Comley.

  15. Default

    Originally Posted by knocker
    But our master tactician cant fit him in to any of his wonderful formations.
    Two ridiculas posts from you today, its keeping me entertained carry on posting

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •