Peter Beardsley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Beardsley

Who would of thought a bloke with a lisp, pudding bowl barnet and can't speak English is a racist bully. Allegedly
    Sounds like he be free soon ,get him on the coaching les
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Take away his football ability and what have you got? Just another pretty face.

Comment

Sinclair, Rooney, Brazil, eboue, Samson our footballers don’t half cover themselves in glory

Comment

It would be interesting to hear what he's actually said to deem him racist. Today's world seems to class the majority of rascism in some form. Reading the metro and it had a young black boy wearing a hoddie. It had monkey hoodie written on it. They're slating the shop but haven't they heard the term cheeky little monkey with regards to kids. If it such a terrible thing, I don't see the parents refusing their son to wear it in the catalogue and receive the money. World gone mad because it actually puts a dampener on real racism where there is clearly no place for!
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

The hoodie said best monkey in jungle
          Or something close
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
            The hoodie said best monkey in jungle
            Or something close
            Saw the same article.

World's gone mad when you can't call a kid a little monkey without it having racial connotations.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
              Who would of thought a bloke with a lisp, pudding bowl barnet and can't speak English is a racist bully. Allegedly
              Sounds like he be free soon ,get him on the coaching les
              One of my favorite footballers.

I'm with WeAre on this... it's a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                It would be interesting to hear what he's actually said to deem him racist. Today's world seems to class the majority of rascism in some form. Reading the metro and it had a young black boy wearing a hoddie. It had monkey hoodie written on it. They're slating the shop but haven't they heard the term cheeky little monkey with regards to kids. If it such a terrible thing, I don't see the parents refusing their son to wear it in the catalogue and receive the money. World gone mad because it actually puts a dampener on real racism where there is clearly no place for!
                Was listening to talksport last night mate and the suggestion is that during a gym session where climbing bars were involved, he turned to some of the young black players and said something along the lines of "you lot should be good at this".

Clearly, that may not have been the case, but if so, surely it cannot be right to be speaking to young players like that.

On the other hand, he may have just been talking to them about the incident you refer to above and this was nothing other than an ill advised joke that most understood but one took offence to.

These things are always difficult to judge these days with half the world being ridiculously PC. One only has to look at all the recent historical sexual abuse stuff. Can't quite get my head around the accusers being hailed as 'brave' and 'heroic' for speaking out. If they had done so at the time, potentially stopping others from sufferering it then yes, definitely. Years later? Not in my book.

Comment

Rumour has it after a heavy Newcastle Utd defeat Kevin Keegan stormed in the dressing room & said "I've had enough of some of you, there's gonna be some new faces coming in"

Beardsley replied "can I have one"

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    Rumour has it after a heavy Newcastle Utd defeat Kevin Keegan stormed in the dressing room & said "I've had enough of some of you, there's gonna be some new faces coming in"

But not Luke Chadwick's

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

In a few years that joke won't be allowed either. Comedy is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Was listening to talksport last night mate and the suggestion is that during a gym session where climbing bars were involved, he turned to some of the young black players and said something along the lines of "you lot should be good at this".

Clearly, that may not have been the case, but if so, surely it cannot be right to be speaking to young players like that.

On the other hand, he may have just been talking to them about the incident you refer to above and this was nothing other than an ill advised joke that most understood but one took offence to.

These things are always difficult to judge these days with half the world being ridiculously PC. One only has to look at all the recent historical sexual abuse stuff. Can't quite get my head around the accusers being hailed as 'brave' and 'heroic' for speaking out. If they had done so at the time, potentially stopping others from sufferering it then yes, definitely. Years later? Not in my book.
                        This article confirms that is what he is being investigated for: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...tle-under-23s/

Sounds like the type of thing that would have been common place in Peter Beardsley's time as a player, but is deemed highly inappropriate these days.

Whilst I agree that making jokes like that aimed at a person of colour isn't something that should happen any more. I do also think that we go too far in the West these days. Many people out there I think are just waiting for an opportunity to be offended by something, and to make a fuss.

I don't for a second think that a comment or joke like that makes Peter Beardsley a racist. It makes him a man that has made an ill advised and distasteful joke that will probably cost him his job.
                        Last edited by Tarbie; 10-01-2018, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Not surprised at all to be fair, I mean he does look like a character straight out of the pages of VIZ.

Comment

Cleared of bullying in 2003 and several players coming out to complain about him being a bully again plus the racist comments. I think he better start looking for new employment.
                            Last edited by East London R; 11-01-2018, 01:02 AM.

Comment

looking at him the fella looks like butter wouldn't melt , innocent til proven guilty tho

Comment

Working...
                              X