No announcement yet.

Does anyone on here want Ollie to stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give a flying **** about Rangers from before Holloway was born but that does not make me a manager.Though I do agree come hell or highwater he is going to be here whatever division.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      Pinke vespa Fraggy and me. 😃
      Hits , i just think the constant name calling is a bit sad and embarrassing , if Ollie could be replaced by someone who could do a better job with no money ,i`m all for it .
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

My bro is a Brentford fan, he absolutely loves Ollie.
        Last edited by bakes8; 07-01-2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Right, flak shelter up.

Is he the best manager in the league? No.
          Is there any point in sacking him halfway through the transfer window and then taking the reast of it to appoint someone,? No.

It was virtually the same tteam that lost to the franchise as won a comeback victory agains Cardiff. If he had rung the changes and played most of the academy, as some on here were suggesting then you could blame the manager, he didn't, the players just didn't perform. People were berating his soundbite about luck the other day, but we could have had a fair few yesterday if it wasn't for that.

Ollie didn't put a two yard header into the keepers arms or give the ball away with an ill judged back pass, the players did. We left any semblance of putting a few chances together until extra time. Sometimes I think that people on here would blame Ollie if they trod in dog sh*t on the way to the ground.

We have got rid of a few people on decent money who didn't fit in, and with a couple new faces in on loan or on the cheap, we could make a decent fist of the second half of the season. The youngsters who have come in of late have done really well. We aren't going to do anything much until the club is on a sound finacial footing, and we stop bringing in players who don't want to be here, neither of these things are Ollies fault. We have made mistakes in the past, and I think getting rid of Ollie now would be another.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
            Hits , i just think the constant name calling is a bit sad and embarrassing , if Ollie could be replaced by someone who could do a better job with no money ,i`m all for it .
            Exactly this. Trouble is, you can't guarantee that anyone else will do better with what we have.

With our financial situation and having probably paid off Caulker to leave, I doubt we are in a position to pay off Ollie too, and offer a decent package to some other manager who may or may not be more successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
              I don't believe Herts is saying that.
              Most including myself are aware of Ollies short comings.
              But as stated above, the club has been burned by mercenaries for years now and TF wants people around that he knows are here because they care more about the club than just lining their pockets before moving on.
              This is a valid point in the debate. That`s for sure.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                This is a valid point in the debate. That`s for sure.
                It is a valid point but danger is you end up keeping people wholly unsuitable for their role. I refer to the various horrible runs of results and overall record. He almost took us down from a position of safety last season and now has a whole season to finish the job. Incredibly high risk keeping such a poor manager regardless of whether he loves the club or not.

Don't buy argument we couldn't get someone better. We would be a good option for managers here and abroad even with financial constraints.

Comment

I think most sane posters on here will agree he was doing a pretty good job for the 1st 10 or so games this season. Think it was after the home draw with Burton that there was a noticeable drop in the quality of our play. Very hard to defend him at present but I wouldn't be sacking him considering we won our last league game. Needs to improve big time but I think he will be sacked after the Bristol City away game.

Comment

Oh forgot to add one sway win in eleven months!

Genuine question but is there another manager in whole football league who has survived record like that?

Comment

Fox, it's not whether or not we could get someone better.
                      It's whether that 'someone better' would be here for the good of our clubs future or to just use us for a stepping stone to something better with the added bonus of being able to fleece us for a few mill on the way.
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                        Right, flak shelter up.

Is there any point in sacking him halfway through the transfer window and then taking the reast of it to appoint someone,? No.

It was virtually the same tteam that lost to the franchise as won a comeback victory agains Cardiff. If he had rung the changes and played most of the academy, as some on here were suggesting then you could blame the manager, he didn't, the players just didn't perform. People were berating his soundbite about luck the other day, but we could have had a fair few yesterday if it wasn't for that.

Ollie didn't put a two yard header into the keepers arms or give the ball away with an ill judged back pass, the players did. We left any semblance of putting a few chances together until extra time. Sometimes I think that people on here would blame Ollie if they trod in dog sh*t on the way to the ground.

We have got rid of a few people on decent money who didn't fit in, and with a couple new faces in on loan or on the cheap, we could make a decent fist of the second half of the season. The youngsters who have come in of late have done really well. We aren't going to do anything much until the club is on a sound finacial footing, and we stop bringing in players who don't want to be here, neither of these things are Ollies fault. We have made mistakes in the past, and I think getting rid of Ollie now would be another.
                        I agree with most of this, fans are never going to be real happy with him, any manager has a tough job here! I have stated that based on his record alone he probably should be sacked but there is more to it due to the reprogramming of the club, there is no guarantee that any manager coming in will get the results we need soon enough so I am very skeptical about making a change at this point of the season!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

It's whether that 'someone better' would be here for the good of our clubs future or to just use us for a stepping stone to something better with the added bonus of being able to fleece us for a few mill on the way.
                          Probably latter but that is the same with most clubs and how things used to be with us too. May as well make Jude manager if only criteria is they are unlikely to move on.

Or put Pinkie in charge. Oh hold on ...

Comment

Right, flak shelter up.

As far as the example of the last two games, everything here is on point.

However taken over the season it's been some of the dubious managerial decisions that have gotten us here. To be fair the December fixtures didn't go as badly as i thought. There's still the 1 over riding argument that negates all,others IMO, why sack Ollie if there is no replacement lined up?

Comment

Right, flak shelter up.

Agree ollys not the best manager in the league, but that about it.

Nows a great time to get rid of olly. Got to be 1st time ever where we want to get rid of a manager and there being a half decent amount of managers out there out of a job. And to make things better, would have a transfer window to possibly move players on (and "possibly" bring a couple in)... yesterday games got nothing to do with it. Even if we did play well and somehow manage to beat a 19th league 1 side. Troubles been there way before yesterdays game.... All very well being loyal/standing by someone just because they're representing your team, but if that persons doing more harm than good then the owners need to stand up and make a decision.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

So you would not have wanted Venables here?

Comment

Working...
                                X