X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Classic find
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Comment

• Me. I always have. Holloway has never been the problem. He didn't sign all the has been's from the prem days on long contracts. He didn't fire Warnock, he didn't hire ramsey etc etc...

He has his hands tied in terms of finances so relys on average championship players on shorter cheaper contracts. He has to deal with fan expectation from idiots who expect us to be in the prem, never mind the penis's who think we have a god given right to at least make the play offs....

Apart from warnock I can't think of anyone who can get average players playing to their potential. The players are playing for him. Those that did stop he dropped.

Comment

• Lots of talk about having his hands tied but if you look at our history we have mainly been a selling club. However Ollie has been able to keep the squad together (save people that weren't performing anyway) and modestly improve on it. He was brought in, according to club, because JFH was losing touch with the upper parts of the table. His remit was to get the team challenging for the play offs, simple as that. Now for me that was a trifle ambitious but even so his remit was not to take us from a position of relative safety to only just avoiding relegation.

This season has been mainly poor save some home performances and he has bought himself I suspect rest of season with last couple of league wins. If he makes the most of that and builds on it great but last five years or so of his career do not paint a great picture.

More players have gone backwards than forwards under him. His constant sticking to a formation we do not have players for beggars belief and his continued reliance on some underperforming players, before his recent last throw of dice with youngsters, show a worrying level of stubbornness. His behaviour has become erratic of late.

Pros are player recruitment has had more plusses for which he along with others deserves credit and now he has been virtually forced to play youngsters hopefully we will see if any are any good. We have won a couple of away games of late (after 11 months!) so I am hoping the away day voodoo has been broken.

Personally if Uncle manned up and appointed a decent Championship standard manager I would be happier but, as I say above, if Ollie can build on last couple of league games I will be happier still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
            Me. I always have. Holloway has never been the problem. He didn't sign all the has been's from the prem days on long contracts. He didn't fire Warnock, he didn't hire ramsey etc etc...

He has his hands tied in terms of finances so relys on average championship players on shorter cheaper contracts. He has to deal with fan expectation from idiots who expect us to be in the prem, never mind the penis's who think we have a god given right to at least make the play offs....

Apart from warnock I can't think of anyone who can get average players playing to their potential. The players are playing for him. Those that did stop he dropped.
            Top Post

Comment

• So you are calling Fernandes and Ferdinand penises because they expected a playoff challenge. That was the reason they sacked JFH.

Comment

Working...
              X