Sorry if this has already been said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry if this has already been said

If we can't beat MK Dons at home this year in the Cup, how would we fare next year in the league?

Badly, obviously. Clearly our current squad isn’t up to it. The question is, given time to develop, will the current crop be good enough by then? Of course, the question of management forms the divisive back drop to the discussion.

Comment

I refuse to believe this squad isn't good enough. If this group of players aren't good enough then how have we managed to beat 3 of the current top 7 this season?

The problem is that we are inconsistent, and the tactics aren't good enough. Some weeks the team is set up in a way where we go into games with zero chance of winning (away at Derby being a prime example). We have not been playing to the teams strengths at any stage through the season, and far too many players are being asked to play in roles they are unfamiliar with or simply not equipped to deal with.

I look at it this way. If we can beat the likes of Sheff Utd, Cardiff and Wolves in spite of having Ian Holloway in charge of the team, imagine what we could be capable of with a better manager in place!

Comment

I think we will go down again next year as well.
        Im going to do a thread saying we are 100 per cent going down at the the start of our season in division three as well.
        Is Ollie the man to get us off the bottom of the championship, will olllie ever get us out of the bottom three, my answer is no. We are there and staying there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Im going to do a thread saying we are 100 per cent going down at the the start of our season in division three as well.
          Is Ollie the man to get us off the bottom of the championship, will olllie ever get us out of the bottom three, my answer is no. We are there and staying there.
          Mini-league forever
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I've found the mini-league quite exciting

Comment

Have always said that this squad is poor. Holloway or no Holloway, we simply need a defence that are in touch with each other, a balanced midfield and a striker/strike partnership that will get 20 goals a season before we can entertain being anything other than bang average.

If anything, it is the owners that are the problem as we cannot afford to spend on proven quality where we really need to strengthen.
              Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 07-01-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                Clearly our current squad isn’t up to it.
                Again, that's one of the biggest myths around IMO. This squad would easily be mid-table with any half-decent manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Have always said that this squad is poor. Holloway or no Holloway, we simply need a defence that are in touch with each other, a balanced midfield and a striker/strike partnership that will get 20 goals a season before we can entertain being anything other than bang average.

If anything, it is the owners that are the problem as we cannot afford to spend on proven quality where we really need to strengthen.
                  Cant afford or not allowed????

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Again, that's one of the biggest myths around IMO. This squad would easily be mid-table with any half-decent manager.
                    This kind of attitude is completely false and naive. We don't have a goal scoring striker so that's currently the no1 issue
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Purely 100% tactics and a stubbornness to change to anything but hoofball. The Dons game would have been ideal to try a 4-4-2 with players in their correct positions.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        This kind of attitude is completely false and naive.
                        No it aint mate, it's the opposite in fact. It's an opinion formed on having watched every game this season.

You're entitled to disagree though, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          This kind of attitude is completely false and naive. We don't have a goal scoring striker so that's currently the no1 issue
                          Out of interest how many teams in this league do have a 20 goal striker?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            not funny that if we should go down it could be curtains

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              not funny that if we should go down it could be curtains
                              If my auntie had bollarks she would be my uncle.

Comment

Working...
                              X