Best opposition supporters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best opposition supporters?

The time is 1977 and Wilf, George & 2Rays had motored to Anfield to see the "R's" play Liverpool in the First Division.
    On arrival some 40 minutes before kick off we couldn't find anywhere to park and were stationary about 100 yards from
    the stadium in a side road which was full of parked cars.
    A group of about six or seven Liverpool supporters came along and tapped on the window "can't find anywhere to park?
    said one the them. I said no we're going to miss kick off.
    Ok boys said the Liverpool supporter to his mates let's make space for these guys and with that the group of them lifted
    one of the cars out and put it in the middle of the road and said "park there guys". We did and from memory saw Rangers
    lose 2-1.
    Now that's what I call great opposition supporters.

Yeah lifting the car makes it easier to remove the tyres.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

went to Liverpool the year they got to the final against Newcastle. To get a chance of a cup final ticket Liverpool issued vouchers to fans attending games. The more vouchers you had the better chance of getting a ticket. A young scally approached me and asked if I wanted my voucher. As I was handing it over a older fan snatched it out of the kids hands. Wronguns
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Isn`t Clint Hill from Liverpool? They are all gentlemen up there, i`m sure of it..
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

only story i have like that is from last season. i was on the train heading to hq and there were a couple of arsenal fans who sat with me, they gave me free beers to drink on the journey and we just had a laugh. when i got up to leave though one of them called me back as my wallet had fallen out of my pocket so i was pretty grateful.

i always found middlesborough and bristol city fans to be pretty nice and funny people too, always enjoyed our games at home to them as they make a heck of a lot of noise and aren't your classic aggressive beer bellied away fans

Comment

cannot post on here but if anyone has facebook, please go onto away days page. there is a video of a sole chelsea fan in the arsenal end from the other night.

he was going mental and singing and cheering when they scored.

the prawn sandwich arsenal fans just sat there and never said a word.

funniest video i have seen in a while but just shows what football and the prem league has become.

in the 80s, that scum fan would of had the shyte beat out of him.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

last time i went to liverpool my mate brought his mate with him . this fella had only got out of the nick a few days before . he had been convicted of killing a bloke at a party 23 years before and couldn't believe how the world had changed , we got a parking ticket as well

Comment

Absolutely no contest for me - August 2007, a mate and I travelled in his car (which had no working radio) totally oblivious of the news of Ray Jones' death. We were welcomed at the ground by officials and Burnley fans, as were plenty other R's in the same boat. Obviously devastated by the news we didn't want to hang around but we were convinced to stay and have some hospitality.

They laid on a spread of food and drink, Burnley subsequently held an open training session, and they collected charity donations (which I understand were given to Rangers to nominate a charity of their choice)

As much as the mood was somber, our hosts were amazing, friendly, considerate, empathetic and quite simply will never forget the dignity their Club and fans showed that day.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I found the Plymouth supporters pretty good the year we went up with them. On way to the ground we were chatting nicely and then afterwards were coming up shaking our hands, saying they hoped we would get promoted too. I know they had just got promoted but they seemed pretty genuine and obviously didn't want Bristol City to get promoted but they were very good spirited and yes we did it.

Comment

absolutely a no brainer for me it has to be millwall,they even throw darts at your head,but its just there way of saying i love you
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

When you go to Liverpool away now it's like man United. Thousands of tourist fans from England to Japan, was there last time we played them, lost 2-1 with fer getting ours, Park behind away end is safe now, Stanley Park is aptly named for the 70's and 80's period. Best experience in pub at an away game was Oxford 86, week before the Ill fated final. We was in a pub near ground from 1200 and played pool with their fans had a good laugh and no trouble, missed KO!
                      We drew 3-3

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                        When you go to Liverpool away now it's like man United. Thousands of tourist fans from England to Japan, was there last time we played them, lost 2-1 with fer getting ours, Park behind away end is safe now, Stanley Park is aptly named for the 70's and 80's period. Best experience in pub at an away game was Oxford 86, week before the Ill fated final. We was in a pub near ground from 1200 and played pool with their fans had a good laugh and no trouble, missed KO!
                        We drew 3-3
                        Yeah i so remember that now you said it. Was a great day out. Nobody actually wanted to go to the game cos the pish up was so good. Think we were put in a little corner under a bit of corrugated absestos when we finally turned up if i recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Yeah i so remember that now you said it. Was a great day out. Nobody actually wanted to go to the game cos the pish up was so good. Think we were put in a little corner under a bit of corrugated absestos when we finally turned up if i recall correctly.
                          We made it to the open terrace behind the goal, I think I recall some R's being along the side in the corner, we had a good support that day considering we had them at wembley the following Sunday. Anyway that's my best memory of friendly atmosphere at an away game/pub. It's a fond memory for me as my dad was there too.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                            We made it to the open terrace behind the goal, I think I recall some R's being along the side in the corner, we had a good support that day considering we had them at wembley the following Sunday. Anyway that's my best memory of friendly atmosphere at an away game/pub. It's a fond memory for me as my dad was there too.
                            Certainly wasn`t very friendly next time we played at the Manor Ground , it was going off before and after ( think we won 1-0 btw )
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

one game i really loved away was cambridge circa 1982 it was one of those amazing days that just happen,it was the game that qpr won 4-1 and wicks whent off injured after scoring
                              WELL WE WERE PRE ALERRTED FOR A MASSIVE FORCE WAITING FOR US BUT WHEN WE ARRIVED CAMBRIDGE JUST DIDNT TURN UP SO VEVERYBODY GOT SO VERY DRUNK WE ENDED UP IN A FIELD ALL TRYING TO RIDE A GOAT IT WAS ABSOLUTE INSANNITY WHEN WE MET SOME CAMBRIDGE WE ALL SHOOK THERE HANDS AND KISSED THEM THAT DAY WAS LIKE A CUP FINAL BRILLIANT SUNSHINE AND FANTASTIC PEOPLE
                              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Working...
                              X