Could not resist it in the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    Think we would need to get promoted this season and win the Champions League for the next five years to clear that debt
    Every little helps �� !

Comment

I know the club and especially Holloway dont give a toss about cup competitions but its a day out with the lads despite the football
      Not just Olly though is it ? Most of our recent Managers have fielded severely weakened sides. Redknapp said as much about cup games (along with away games !). Funny how no one gets fined for fielding a weakened side in the FA or League cups ?

I’ll be there though.

Comment

Giving it the swerve myself, swore off cup games after some horror shows.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Swore blind to myself that I would not go tomorrow but have just now booked online

I know the club and especially Holloway dont give a toss about cup competitions but its a day out with the lads despite the football
          The day out with the lads is a big part of it isn't it? Players and management of the team will come and go, getting out with your mates who support the club will be a constant, enjoy!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Swore blind to myself that I would not go tomorrow but have just now booked online

Likewise Paul, picked ours up before Cardiff despite getting cheesed off in the past with cup games. I'm looking forward to seeing our yoof get stuck in and show the 1st team how to play - and a few beers

Comment

I dunno I'm tempted to go and and have another butchers at your wee marn ! And maybe have have look at Eze Bright and Oteh , but then again it might be putting Washington and co in the shop window for some club's to have a look at , decisions decisions !

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                I don't see it as "must win" at all mate. I see Burton the following week as a must win, but this is simply a cup game!
                every game should be a must win , or why should we bother going

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  Totally agree, but thats why most of us dont for the cups.

Comment

Or why bother charging money is more to the point

Comment

so how many there tomorrrow , 200 or 300 you reckon ??

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Whilst I will love the emergence of youth through the club again, tomorrow is a MUST win game. We need to build on Cardiff, not go back to losing mentality again. Play strongest team possible with a couple of the youngsters and then hopefully go to Burton with 2 wins on the bounce. With Boro under Pulis and Bristol City away to come we need to get confidence up.
                        I agree.

Comment

Right, I really think we are misusing the phrase 'must win' now. Of course we should look to win every game. But that doesn't make it a must win scenario, does it?

Personally I don't see any reason why we can't play the kids tomorrow and still look to win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Right, I really think we are misusing the phrase 'must win' now. Of course we should look to win every game. But that doesn't make it a must win scenario, does it?

Personally I don't see any reason why we can't play the kids tomorrow and still look to win the game.
                            'Must win' as in the mentality the players have to go into every game with, is my interpretation of the term. If a pro doesn't go into every competitive game with that mentality you are immediately giving your opponent an edge.

By that yardstick, "Looking to win" shows a weaker psychological mentality than the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              'Must win' as in the mentality the players have to go into every game with, is my interpretation of the term. If a pro doesn't go into every competitive game with that mentality you are immediately giving your opponent an edge.

By that yardstick, "Looking to win" shows a weaker psychological mentality than the above.
                              For me, a must win game is a relegation 6 pointer, or similar. Teams at the top can win the league without winning every game, just as we can stay up without winning every game. As such, not every game is a must win, in fact not that many are when you're floating around in 16th or 17th spot.

Of course I'd like to see us do well today. But it's significantly less important than the league as far as I'm concerned.
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 06-01-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Big game imo, a loss would be ####ing criminal

Comment

Working...
                                X