Could not resist it in the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not resist it in the end

Swore blind to myself that I would not go tomorrow but have just now booked online

I know the club and especially Holloway dont give a toss about cup competitions but its a day out with the lads despite the football

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    Swore blind to myself that I would not go tomorrow but have just now booked online

I know the club and especially Holloway dont give a toss about cup competitions but its a day out with the lads despite the football
    If Ollie is true to his word about trusting the kids, I think tomorrow might actually be a decent day out mate. We should see at least 1 full debut in Eze and a first start for Oteh. Hopefully Smyth and BOS should play some part too. There are a few other decent youths knocking on the door as well.

For me, it's great to see talented young players coming through. Even if we lose tomorrow, if some of these lads get a game, give it 100% and get a taste for first team action, that can only be positive for me.
    Last edited by Tarbie; 05-01-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I’m going so if it is young team will be interesting to see how they get on

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        If Ollie is true to his word about trusting the kids, I think tomorrow might actually be a decent day out mate. We should see at least 1 full debut in Eze and a first start for Oteh. Hopefully Smyth and BOS should play some part too. There are a few other decent youths knocking on the door as well.

For me, it's great to see talented young players coming through. Even if we lose tomorrow, if some of these lads get a game, give it 100% and get a taste for first team action, that can only be positive for me.
        Whilst I will love the emergence of youth through the club again, tomorrow is a MUST win game. We need to build on Cardiff, not go back to losing mentality again. Play strongest team possible with a couple of the youngsters and then hopefully go to Burton with 2 wins on the bounce. With Boro under Pulis and Bristol City away to come we need to get confidence up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          Whilst I will love the emergence of youth through the club again, tomorrow is a MUST win game. We need to build on Cardiff, not go back to losing mentality again. Play strongest team possible with a couple of the youngsters and then hopefully go to Burton with 2 wins on the bounce. With Boro under Pulis and Bristol City away to come we need to get confidence up.
          I don't see it as "must win" at all mate. I see Burton the following week as a must win, but this is simply a cup game!

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

Wouldn't a good cup run be beneficial to the Club? after all we're skint

Comment

Need a win tomorrow all this bo*locks of we don't need a cup run, if we have a bit of a cup run it will breed confidence and give us extra money that we badly need, don't need to go down the losing mentality road, the games against Middlesbrough and Burton are going to be tough, so a winning mentality is essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                Need a win tomorrow all this bo*locks of we don't need a cup run, if we have a bit of a cup run it will breed confidence and give us extra money that we badly need, don't need to go down the losing mentality road, the games against Middlesbrough and Burton are going to be tough, so a winning mentality is essential.
                Not saying we should go into the game with a losing mentality mate, not at all. Just saying it's daft to call this a must win game. It's probably the least must win game we have left in the season, if our priority is staying in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Agree.
                  Winning breeds confidence.
                  Ollie rested the 1st team for the League cup game and They lost that and the next league game.
                  This concentration on the league nonsense is just that.
                  Sacrifices the cup for a season of bottom 6-8 football.
                  I can see the sense in giving some youth a game but not 60% plus of the team.
                  Last time against MkDons Redknapp played a weak side and got stuffed 4-2 and QPR got relegated from the Perm. Not that the defeat was the reason for the relegation but the confidence certainly wasn't improved.

Comment

A decent cup run and drawing a big club away will help towards FFP target.

Comment

Would personally mix the side tomorrow and make full use of the subs:

Start 8 "first teamers" / 3 "youth" with 3 "youth" coming on later IF we are winning or 3 "first teamers" coming on if we are losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        I don't see it as "must win" at all mate. I see Burton the following week as a must win, but this is simply a cup game!
                        Not must win for the fans but a must win for Olly, as another bad run and he will be gone, now there are others available. However as others have said a good cup run will help financially for the club too, so Olly needs to take it seriously.

Comment

It’s the FA cup. Play our strongest team. We can rest some players for the big 17th vs 22nd battle in 2nd tier of English football

Comment

I'm looking forward to another cup run!

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                              A decent cup run and drawing a big club away will help towards FFP target.
                              Think we would need to get promoted this season and win the Champions League for the next five years to clear that debt

Comment

Working...
                              X