Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official - Les did not appoint Ollie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone really surprised by this?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Guys, the whole Ravel thing is a minor sub-plot.

The real issue here is the owner taking advice from his media guy over and above his Director of Football and CEO over probably the most important decision any club can make, which is unbelievable on the surface of it, but the fact that he also admits it in his own book makes it look so much worse. As I say it's a PR car crash.
      Blokes a wally though, ain't he? That's been pretty apparent for a long while. I hope he's learned his lesson on this one. Needs to leave football matters to those he's employed to do exactly that!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        JFH wasn't a poor appointment on paper. Was rated one of the best young managers in the English game before he came to us.
        I think thar last bit is a slight exaggeration albeit I was all for getting him. He should give up, there football is a load of cobblers like their nickname which is a shame
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Guys, the whole Ravel thing is a minor sub-plot.

The real issue here is the owner taking advice from his media guy over and above his Director of Football and CEO over probably the most important decision any club can make, which is unbelievable on the surface of it, but the fact that he also admits it in his own book makes it look so much worse. As I say it's a PR car crash.
          Make you right Stan the book wasn't written yesterday ! Probably during one of Holloway's better spells ie the first half dozen games of this season look at me I make the good decisions
          Last edited by dogsrrs; 03-01-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

There are contradictory stories on this though, because Ferdinand is on record as saying it was he who put Holloway's name forward to TF, who's reaction to the suggestion at the time was to do several ecstatic cartwheels - all of which suggests that one of them is telling porkies.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              I think thar last bit is a slight exaggeration albeit I was all for getting him. He should give up, there football is a load of cobblers like their nickname which is a shame
              Not saying he's highly rated now mate, he clearly isn't. But he certainly was when we hired him!

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                Bit rich ### being concerned that Ollie might not be strategic enough ! What sort of strategy does he's possess Ramsey as manager twice JFH and recruited probably the most in Ballance and biggest squad of players in the championship
                Yeah unreal really & i cant imagine this will do the relationship between ollie and les alot of good ffs, should never of made that public, a right putdown to ollie that is!
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I like how this has only just come to our attention...despite the book coming out over 2 months ago! The books clearly flopped!
                  Last edited by kenthoop; 03-01-2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    Yeah unreal really & i cant imagine this will do the relationship between ollie and les alot of good ffs, should never of made that public, a right putdown to ollie that is!
                    But exactly what many of us said when his name was first muted.

Comment

Won’t affect holloways relationship with Les at all as the fact he is lacking in the tactics and strategy department is universally known in football. Holloway will know exactly what everyone thinks of him hence why he would never get another job in football, jumped at ours but should have been nowhere near it !

Gives me a little more faith in Les but Fernandes, dear oh dear!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        JFH wasn't a poor appointment on paper. Was rated one of the best young managers in the English game before he came to us.
                        Absolutely Tarbie, I was genuinely excited by JFH appointment and thought we were going to be a stepping stone to much bigger clubs, similar to TV and GF back in the day, sadly didn't work out and he went backwards instead of forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          But exactly what many of us said when his name was first muted.
                          As ive said all along it aint rocket science in this league and makes me laugh people who keep rolling it out
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I know I probably shouldn't find this funny but can't help myself!

If Frank Spencer did football clubs.

I like Uncle but he basically hired a football person as DoF and Lee Hoos to run business side. Seems Sir Les put forward Ollie as one possibility but said would not be his choice. Hoos warned against it too. Uncle hired these people as they have expertise he doesn't then ignored them and hired Ollie anyway. Obviously impressed with Ollyisms, chest beating and badge kissing! And we all know how this has worked out so far. Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              As ive said all along it aint rocket science in this league and makes me laugh people who keep rolling it out
                              He’s done good job then making it look like it is. If it’s not that hard reckon his win rate would be better

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                                Is anyone really surprised by this?
                                A little bit surprised that bungle has been so idiotic to write that down for everyone to read. Surely someone must have said “ hi tone, probably best you don’t openly admit ignoring your ceo and dof and confess to taking your football advice from the media man”. Never ceases to amaze

Comment

Working...
                                X