Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official - Les did not appoint Ollie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    I never saw that think your stretching that Buddie he had only been in English foot a very short period
    This article published in 4-4-2 magazine shortly after he joined us rates JFH as the 6th best manager in the Football League. People forget that he was highly rated when we appointment him, probably because the football was so uninspiring!

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...ootball-league

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Yes fans forum Ollie said he wanted Ravel, Les tried to talk him out of it and said he’s bad egg but Ollie said he wanted him. From Ollies mouth
      Really? That's interesting.

I'd actually assumed the polar opposite for 2 reasons. 1.) I'd heard on the grape vine that Ollie never wanted him, and b.) he barely got a game. Chinese whispers though ain't it? Some stuff you hear is truth, other is nonsense. Gotta take it all with a pinch of salt unless it comes from the horses mouth!

Comment

Does suggest ollies appointment had appeasing fans in mind. WRONG
        Very wrong especially when they have already managed the club. Hardly ever works Managers returning, think NW was an exception to this but that was only 4 or 5 games, so may have tailed off after the initial few games. Olly was a poor decision I can see why it was done but a poor appointment.

Comment

Yes fans forum Ollie said he wanted Ravel, Les tried to talk him out of it and said he’s bad egg but Ollie said he wanted him. From Ollies mouth
          Westy I seem to remember ### saying something while the club was chasing Ravel's second coming that he liked a player a touch of a rebel about him and wasn't we interested in him for quite some time before Holloway got here , imo it was Ollie being a bit of yes man to ###

Comment

Westy I seem to remember ### saying something while the club was chasing Ravel's second coming that he liked a player a touch of a rebel about him and wasn't we interested in him for quite some time before Holloway got here , imo it was Ollie being a bit of yes man to ###
            No mate you can’t twist this. Ollie said he wanted Les never that’s the facts

Comment

Ain't trying to twist anything mate wasnt we chasing Ravel's from close season before Holloway got here , but as Tarby says Chinese whispers

Comment

You couldn`t make it up. Or possibly that is the case ; a superb plot..
                Last edited by Shania; 03-01-2018, 06:16 PM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Ain't trying to twist anything mate wasnt we chasing Ravel's from close season before Holloway got here , but as Tarby says Chinese whispers
                  Media associate us with everyone. But all I know is Ollie said himself he wanted Ravel and Les said stay clear he’s bad news but they backed the managers wish.

Comment

To be fair the big question is whether Ian Taylor was ok with that transfer......................

Comment

You couldn’t actually make this up. The publicity seeking media man chooses another media man to manager a professional football team and the owner agrees.

Basically we are ###### and have no hope at all !!!!

Comment

Taylor Out !!

F***ing Spurs fans.

Comment

Media associate us with everyone. But all I know is Ollie said himself he wanted Ravel and Les said stay clear he’s bad news but they backed the managers wish.
                          Ha Ha no my old mucker you ain't going to put a twist on this never been said before that ### said stay away he's news

Comment

What book is this.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                              What book is this.
                              The memoirs of Fanny Hill

Comment

Guys, the whole Ravel thing is a minor sub-plot.

The real issue here is the owner taking advice from his media guy over and above his Director of Football and CEO over probably the most important decision any club can make, which is unbelievable on the surface of it, but the fact that he also admits it in his own book makes it look so much worse. As I say it's a PR car crash.

Comment

Working...
                                X