One more name out in January window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more name out in January window?

Nedum Onouha. Like all Rangers fans was pumped about yesterday's result, specifically the intro of a young striker who has all the markings we've been looking for (drive, speed and finish). It just may be that the combo of Smyth, Eze, Bright and Oteh can breathe life into a post-Mackie/Washington squad. Yet we need to make one more adjustment, preferably this month, to prepare QPR for success in the future: a right or left back that's capable of mustering offense. Have been hoping Furlong would progress; jury still out there but less than stellar thus far. Bidwell old reliable, but has little punch on the offensive side of midfield. That adjustment may be trading Onouha out so we can locate that RB or LB of the future. Believe Robinson, Baptiste and Hall (who never belonged in midfield) can anchor the CB position. Thoughts?

Hall's permanently injured, so we'd be massively short on numbers if we shipped Ned out this month without a replacement lined up. If we did have one lined up, and the offer was decent, then I wouldn't be against him going.

Been a good servant to the club, but isn't getting any younger and the club probably wouldn't mind getting his wage off the books.

Comment

Would only release if there was a decent replacement available.

Comment

can never make my mind up on ned , yesterday he was saved by baptiste . can't fault his effort but lacks concentration and looks so uncomfortable on the ball , would keep him at a wage that suits us

Comment

He never had his finest game with ball at his feet but he still headed and blocked everything. If the penny would just drop that’s hes decent defender so stop playing with the ball and just give it or clear lines he would be superb

Comment

he's had some good cb's to learn from as well , richard dunne and rio ferdinand

Comment

Poor yesterday but has been decent since he came back from injury. 500k/1 mil to release him early from his contract could be tempting for some clubs and us.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                can never make my mind up on ned , yesterday he was saved by baptiste . can't fault his effort but lacks concentration and looks so uncomfortable on the ball , would keep him at a wage that suits us
                Looks uncomfortable but actually isn't uncomfortable most of the time, hence why he's willing to make runs forward from defence.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We need Ned right now - decent enough defender for our current status.

Comment

Id keep till end of season for now.
                    Not a lotta players available from this window.

Comment

Not his biggest fan but think we need him for now. Definitely would see a few players out the club before Ned.

Comment

I think we'd miss him. He's always prone to a howler and looks right dodgy with the ball at his feet sometimes. But we are always more organised at the back when he plays. Would actually be interesting to see some stats of goals conceded with or without him..........Nasser?

All that said, money talks and I reckon we probably need to get him off the wage bill. With Caulker gone he's almost certainly our remaining top earner.

Comment

Dead wood needs to go first.

Washington, nkboto, Goss and dare I say it .....petrasso
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Looks uncomfortable but actually isn't uncomfortable most of the time, hence why he's willing to make runs forward from defence.
                            but his runs come to nothing nas , he either loses the ball or hits it into the upper stand

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              but his runs come to nothing nas , he either loses the ball or hits it into the upper stand
                              Gotta disagree there mate, seen many times where it's led to chances that other people flop on.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X