Robinson’s contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    has turned the corner this season , composed on the ball and doesn't panic like our captain , hope he stays
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Got to keep one of Robinson or Ned. Personally i'd keep Jack cos I think he's better and younger (and probably cheaper).

I'd also offer Perch a contract so long as his wages aren't silly. He's valuable and versatile.

Comment

I'd sign him for what he is on now. And I would give him Mackie's salary too.

Comment

If it is down to money Robinson will sign for another club. I don't expect him to re-sign for us. I guess he will sign for a lower half Premiership club or one of the Championship moneybags.

Contrary to what another poster thinks I actually believe Holloway might be one of the reasons why he will consider to stay. He has played his very best football under Holloway and Holloway turning him from a fullback into a central defender turned out to be a masterstroke.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
            https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...tract-14265578

has been in talks with the club about signing a new contract but other clubs have sniffed about.

imo we have got to tie robinson down to a new deal, his injury problems look like they're behind him now and hes arguebly been our best player this season. it'd be mad to let him go (as long as hes not expecting 40k a week or something) especially given hes only 24 and one of the players we should be building our team around.
            All depends on his ambitions,does he want to stay with a team who's whole ambition is to avoid league 1 or to play for a team who have higher ambitions?

Comment

Better than us. Player of the season. Will get far better offers at this stage of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                Better than us. Player of the season. Will get far better offers at this stage of his career.
                I would think so too

Comment

If your boss came up to you and said next year you will be earning less money but you are the best person we have got for your job what would you do? You would at least have a look at other jobs. Especially if you only had 6-7 years left in you.

Comment

loyalty all but gone in football , players just need one good 4 year contract somewhere put it in property and happy days . can't blame him if he wants to move on it's not abut trophies anymore just the dollar

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      All depends on his ambitions,does he want to stay with a team who's whole ambition is to avoid league 1 or to play for a team who have higher ambitions?
                      Don’t think that is the ambition

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                        If your boss came up to you and said next year you will be earning less money but you are the best person we have got for your job what would you do? You would at least have a look at other jobs. Especially if you only had 6-7 years left in you.
                        But if we’re paying him well over the market value highly unlikely anyone else is going to go close to that so any offers he gets will be less and potentially around what we will offer. We still pay well in comparison to others plus Robbo has had great run of gsmes but his historical injury record will still have others asking questions. Four/five months of football don’t wipe out four/five years of injuries

I love the guy and hope he stays

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                          If it is down to money Robinson will sign for another club. I don't expect him to re-sign for us. I guess he will sign for a lower half Premiership club or one of the Championship moneybags.

Contrary to what another poster thinks I actually believe Holloway might be one of the reasons why he will consider to stay. He has played his very best football under Holloway and Holloway turning him from a fullback into a central defender turned out to be a masterstroke.
                          Yeah, I don't buy into that at all. Apart from anything else, Robinson played Centre Half as a youth, and switched to Left Back later in his teens as he was considered to small for a central defensive role. Can't really credit Ollie for "masterstroke" there I'm afraid.

I also think there is a chance Robinson may see the last 4 years as a chapter of his life he wants to put behind him. Remember he came here as a highly rated 20 year old who had learned his trade from Jamie Carragher and played alongside Steven Gerard. He signed for us when we were Premier League side and had Harry Redknapp in charge, we sent him out on loan to Huddersfield a couple of days after he signed for us. Apparently the plan to loan him out had not been made clear to him when he signed. At Huddersfield he picked up an injury that nearly ended his career and now only 3 years later is he close to fulfilling his potential, albeit in a league lower than he'd have probably hoped.

All things considered, I wouldn't blame him for wanting a fresh start somewhere else!

Comment

Plus start of season ollie had told him to find a club to go to on loan and it was just injuries to Hall and Lynch which gave him chance. Was not an ollie master plan he stumbled across him although it’s worked a treat

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Plus start of season ollie had told him to find a club to go to on loan and it was just injuries to Hall and Lynch which gave him chance. Was not an ollie master plan he stumbled across him although it’s worked a treat
                              That's pretty embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                I think he's surprised everyone though, hasn't he? I thought he was finished at the start of the season when he was coming in for 1 game then having to sit out the next 3 or 4. I thought injuries had got the better of him.

Don't blame Ollie for wanting to send him out on loan. At the same time, I don't credit him too much for Robinson's success since switching to central defence.

Comment

Working...
                                X