Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ollie did well today

One swallow and all that but ——
    Gave debut to Smyth ( and kept him on the pitch as long as possible)
    Useful substitutions in Oteh and particularly Lynch.
    All could have gone badly wrong. Instead we have a new hope in Smyth ( and credit for that signing to our much maligned DOF?)
    Now, how about picking a team to win a cup game next week?

He even talked a lot of sense in his post match interview. Not quite sure what's going on to be honest. It felt like we had a proper boss today, unlike the cartoon comic villain that we got at Millwall. Let's hope it continues.

Comment

Tarbs you took words out my mouth. I watched interview and thought that’s spot on, spoke calmly, honestly and actually made sense. Why can’t he be like that all the time as if he was I would get off his back and cut him some slack

He also acted the part on the touchline throughout the match and as you say was like we had a proper gaffer

He held his hands up and said Smyths was a gamble selection but could no longer keep selecting same players who were not deliveryng. I have smashed him in the past for getting it wrong so huge kudos for getting it right today

Ollie keep it calm, keep it simple and choose players who deserve it and not your favourites and things will stabilise

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Tarbs you took words out my mouth. I watched interview and thought that’s spot on, spoke calmly, honestly and actually made sense. Why can’t he be like that all the time as if he was I would get off his back and cut him some slack

He also acted the part on the touchline throughout the match and as you say was like we had a proper gaffer

He held his hands up and said Smyths was a gamble selection but could no longer keep selecting same players who were not deliveryng. I have smashed him in the past for getting it wrong so huge kudos for getting it right today

Ollie keep it calm, keep it simple and choose players who deserve it and not your favourites and things will stabilise
        Called it the biggest gamble of his career didn't he mate?

Fair play to him for being so honest. Makes you wonder just how close he is to the tin tack for him to take such a big roll of the dice. It's proved to be totally the right decision, despite my doubts when I saw the team sheet.

He alluded to cutting some costs too in the interview. Makes me wonder if we are about to see somewhat of a clear out in January. To be honest, I wouldn't mind at all if this is the case in attacking areas. Washington and Mackie can do one as far as I'm concerned. These young players are better. Would be a worry if shipped out too many defensive players though. Not sure I trust too many of our young defenders to cope with this league.

Comment

We’re some interesting absences on the bench read into that what you will

Comment

yep he did well today and its good to see him hold his hands up. his half time team talk must have been great too as we came out rearing to go in the 2nd half and only went up a notch after they scored. kudos to mr holloway

Comment

We’re some interesting absences on the bench read into that what you will
              Mackie, Washington, Manning and Wheeler?

Feel a bit sorry for Wheeler but I guess he isn't doing enough in training to catch the managers eye. Manning I personally think needs to go out on loan to get some game time!

Comment

Didnt i say to you the other day about players were letting him down westy? and that was exactly whats been happening apart from today & why he said days ago hes getting a few out to get the youngsters in! hes caught in that place of trying to keep a happy ship without upsetting players but in the end things have to be done & hes now doing it! hes alot more clued up than most have him down for on here mate.
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

He did well but he is to unpredictable still needs to go, if not in the near future definitely at the end of the season, he is not the man we are going to progress under, only time you hear from TF is when we get a result once a month, and try to justify keeping IH.
                  Let's see what happens when we play Burton, and I would hope he plays the same line up in the cup to give the players confidence, if he doesn't he has still not changed or learnt any lessons.

Comment

Dislike him as much as you want, but if you didnt enjoy that game if you were at the game or just the result if you wasnt there then somethings wrong.
                    We only won in spite of ollie and that result was just papering over the cracks like the win against wolves and sheffield united and brum away.
                    Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 02-01-2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Im talking about his behaviour pinks as manager. How he portrayed himself yesterday is how he should be all the time

This will sound harsh but dont have an awful lot of sympathy if players are letting him down as he’s the one who continually picked them. If you want pick Mackie week in week out when you know what outcome/performance will be then expect pelters and criticism

Give me what he did yesterday and I would defend him

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Called it the biggest gamble of his career didn't he mate?

Fair play to him for being so honest. Makes you wonder just how close he is to the tin tack for him to take such a big roll of the dice. It's proved to be totally the right decision, despite my doubts when I saw the team sheet.

He alluded to cutting some costs too in the interview. Makes me wonder if we are about to see somewhat of a clear out in January. To be honest, I wouldn't mind at all if this is the case in attacking areas. Washington and Mackie can do one as far as I'm concerned. These young players are better. Would be a worry if shipped out too many defensive players though. Not sure I trust too many of our young defenders to cope with this league.
                        In hindsight yeah it's paid off. Every single one of us want Ollie to do well, if you don't then you ain't no fan of the club.

But, yesterday before the match was when i switched from pragmatic moderate to i think it's time to go mate, selecting Smyth was a gamble, which paid off and i'm 100% willing to say i was wrong. After the match, i'm happy to return to moderate. However, if this little fella is so good, where has he been? why hasn't he been on the bench? Unfortunately it's either he threw the dice and got lucky, or was being pig headed and didn't see what was right before his eyes? Has he been injured? Don't know.

I like that Ollie plays youth, but he will kill the career of players going forward if he plays them randomly and without a plan, in a flailing team. So, line drawn, win under the belt. Our striker problems are not solved by a 20 year old having a good game and getting a deflected shot in. Proving how fragile that hope is the lad went off injured. Take us through Jan with a couple of signings and a couple gone, make sure we keep our golden players (ie Smithies), and get this young lads a plan to filter into the first team.

Lets not have another Manning where he's all of a sudden the next Beckham and now can't get off the bench. We know we aren't getting promoted, all we want is some form of a plan, some good football and afew wins. Push onto next year.

I for one would be delighted to support Ollie for the next decade if he provides the club and fans what he and the squad is capable of.

Comment

I was thinking Hall to Tarbs probably injured though

Comment

I was thinking Hall to Tarbs probably injured though
                            Injured mate, hurt his knee again against Millwall. Hopefully just a niggle, but I worry a bit for his career to be honest!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              Didnt i say to you the other day about players were letting him down westy? and that was exactly whats been happening apart from today & why he said days ago hes getting a few out to get the youngsters in! hes caught in that place of trying to keep a happy ship without upsetting players but in the end things have to be done & hes now doing it! hes alot more clued up than most have him down for on here mate.
                              Yeah. But who allowed them to let him down? He did. No one but Ollie and, presumedly, you would have picked the teams he's put out. It was down to him he had to gamble. And he's still playing wing backs. Very few, if any, crosses yesterday. Good long throws. Early days. But a good win.

Comment

Working...
                              X