One negatives which we can turn into a positive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One negatives which we can turn into a positive

We need to be more ruthless. On three occasions we broke today and outnumbered them in attack (one occasion it was five on two) but poor decisions and passes meant of the three breaks we only managed to get a shot off once, which is criminal and that chance Oteh was sent wide of the goal

Taking chances like that are difference between winning games comfortably and holding on. Positive is we got in the positions to break with numbers but we have to be more clinical

I think 2 of those were actually down to Scowen not releasing the ball quickly or accurately enough.

Makes a huge difference having a couple of young nippy players who ain't afraid to run at defenders. Been ages since we've played that way!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      We need to be more ruthless. On three occasions we broke today and outnumbered them in attack (one occasion it was five on two) but poor decisions and passes meant of the three breaks we only managed to get a shot off once, which is criminal and that chance Oteh was sent wide of the goal

Taking chances like that are difference between winning games comfortably and holding on. Positive is we got in the positions to break with numbers but we have to be more clinical
      swowens pass westy was too heavy forcing oteh outwards, otherwise he would of burried that
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

433, stop the whole wing back stuff as they provide nothing imo. 1st half we were bad but much improved in 2nd half, agree on our inability to break too, loads of opportunities wasted that we need to work on. i think players need to provide more support too as in the 1st half i saw barely any linking up. theres lots of issues with the squad BUT they aint hard to fix

Comment

What impressed me about Smyth and Oteh was their movement, not just movement off the ball but Intelligent movement.

Think we got give some credit to Ramsey as we have some real prospects on our hands when you throw Furlong, Kakay, Chair and Ham into the mix. Others in youth team will be buzzing and upping their game to get amongst it

Comment

Defenders dont like pace and opposition running at them.We have not had either of those
            up front for ages

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              swowens pass westy was too heavy forcing oteh outwards, otherwise he would of burried that
              I was punching seat in front when he sent him wide as I think like you he would have burst the net

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                433, loads of opportunities wasted that we need to work on. i think players need to provide more support too as in the 1st half i saw barely any linking up. theres lots of issues with the squad BUT they aint hard to fix
                Loads of opportunities - when did I last read that? We've been bereft of creativity since Warnock's promotion season. it's a start - Rome was not built in a day, not saying it will continue, but it does give me some hope. Almost tempted to chance a visit myself. Not getting carried away, it is not beyond Rangers to have a flash in the pan!

But what a start to the new year!

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                  Loads of opportunities - when did I last read that? We've been bereft of creativity since Warnock's promotion season. it's a start - Rome was not built in a day, not saying it will continue, but it does give me some hope. Almost tempted to chance a visit myself. Not getting carried away, it is not beyond Rangers to have a flash in the pan!

todays stats

Possession
                  Home54%Away46%
                  Shots
                  Home12Away13
                  Shots on Target
                  Home5Away4
                  Corners
                  Home4Away5
                  Fouls
                  Home10Away11

when was the last time we had 5 shots on target?

need to keep this striking pair in the starting 11.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

If we keep running at defenders like this there is a glimmer of hope we may actually get awarded a penalty again, we have conceded 2 dodgy ones in our last 2 home matches!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      What impressed me about Smyth and Oteh was their movement, not just movement off the ball but Intelligent movement.

Think we got give some credit to Ramsey as we have some real prospects on our hands when you throw Furlong, Kakay, Chair and Ham into the mix. Others in youth team will be buzzing and upping their game to get amongst it
                      Tell ya. Ollie's just keeping the seat warm 'til Chris gets another shot!

You ain't seen me right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        todays stats

Possession
                        Home54%Away46%
                        Shots
                        Home12Away13
                        Shots on Target
                        Home5Away4
                        Corners
                        Home4Away5
                        Fouls
                        Home10Away11

when was the last time we had 5 shots on target?

need to keep this striking pair in the starting 11.
                        Yes yes yes. Always said Big Smith is an impact sub at best...but alongside Little Smyth he looked so much better, as he had a strike partner who actually anticipates his knockdowns and plays off him well. Hope that continues.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

difference was Smyth played with no fear. Too often we've shown far too much respect to the teams in the Championship. Cardiff were not anything special apparently. Let's start having a right go
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

i mean as in we had loads of opportunities today to press forward and get them on the break but delayed it. for example smithies held the ball for far too long a few times in the match etc. same with other times too during the game.

agree that its a long process though, stop playing with wing backs for a start!

Comment

Lest not forget we hit the post and then the crossbar, and haven't conceded a goal in open play since Brum.
                              Last edited by Fraggy; 02-01-2018, 12:58 AM.
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                              X