Paul Smyth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Smyth

If given the opportunity, he could turn out to be a very good little player! Excellent performance, hope he gets a fair crack!
    Everything that Washington should be imo.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

agree! he was brilliant today!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      If given the opportunity, he could turn out to be a very good little player! Excellent performance, hope he gets a fair crack!
      Everything that Washington should be imo.
      agreed mate.

and i would just like to add, washington would have missed that chance today.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

The boy looks class. Even before his goal, seems to have a very clever footballing brain. Made some great runs (noticed he liked to drift out wide) and certainly isn't scared to beat his man. Has pace to burn as well which is something we have rarely ever had at Rangers.

Lets hope he can kick on from that dream debut.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Made me laugh when defenders got irritated with him on the goal line, and had to knock him out of the way to get respite, thought Scowen was a terrier, he's something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
            Made me laugh when defenders got irritated with him on the goal line, and had to knock him out of the way to get respite, thought Scowen was a terrier, he's something else.
            Yea like Scowen a lot, every midfield needs that little spoiler in there and he compliments Freeman & Mass well.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

His running with and without the ball was excellent and took his goal very well. All in all very encouraging and gives us a new dimension.

Comment

It's a good duo to have, little and large, so hard to play against. Wasn't it Defoe and Adebayor at Spurs?

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                  It's a good duo to have, little and large, so hard to play against. Wasn't it Defoe and Adebayor at Spurs?
                  It was yeah. As I said Smyth gives us exactly what Washington was supposed to give us. If Ollie doesn't start him next game in the league that's criminal.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

As Ginge has said, watching him today felt like watching the player people imagined Washington was: Fast, Terrier-like, good on the ball, good movement off the ball, good touch (Like, holy sh it what a touch this kid has).

Anyone at the game today who saw him probably got an inkling he was going to score. Getting body checked by Bamba and Manga all first half, you could see the kid beating them both, putting it away and making a mockery of their attempts at defending him. That finish was sublime, all things considered. Beat the keeper at his near post by putting power on it, keeping it away from both centre backs the whole time. Great goal to cap off a great performance.

Also that kid Oteh, looks good in general but seemed lethargic at a point today prior to getting a little knock at the end. Hopefully it's not an attitude thing.

Great way to start the new year in any case that debut goal, long may this continue and CMON YOU RRRSSS
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      As Ginge has said, watching him today felt like watching the player people imagined Washington was: Fast, Terrier-like, good on the ball, good movement off the ball, good touch (Like, holy sh it what a touch this kid has).

Anyone at the game today who saw him probably got an inkling he was going to score. Getting body checked by Bamba and Manga all first half, you could see the kid beating them both, putting it away and making a mockery of their attempts at defending him. That finish was sublime, all things considered. Beat the keeper at his near post by putting power on it, keeping it away from both centre backs the whole time. Great goal to cap off a great performance.

Also that kid Oteh, looks good in general but seemed lethargic at a point today prior to getting a little knock at the end. Hopefully it's not an attitude thing.

Great way to start the new year in any case that debut goal, long may this continue and CMON YOU RRRSSS
                      You forgot to add nas, that that was taken on his weaker foot which makes it more impressive, & a great turn of pace to get away from the defender, looks every bit a striker to me
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Good thing is at his age they have no fear.hungry to play and learn and enjoy the game
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

pretty much this sums it up, he was brilliant today. good 1st half but a sensational 2nd half, really impressed. i noticed oteh looking a bit sluggish towards the end and from the upper loft he looked like he was wincing a bit

Comment

I just hope and pray that he doesn't drop his level at any stage because the usual suspects will boo him and slate him and turn him into another Washy at the first sign of trouble
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Couldn't watch the game due to bad connection on the train but listened to the live BBC commentary, they said he reminded them of a young Michael Owen.. not bad!

Comment

Working...
                              X