No announcement yet.

Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe him leaving is what made space in the squad for Smyth?
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

The difference is CW runs a lot and tries to create things with his effort but doesn't take his chances when he does get them, on his debut the young Smyth ran his socks off and pressured them in to mistakes and took his chance when he got it, to early to say he is our saviour but on the small sample size you can see where CW will become expendable!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

The young lad looks fearless where CW looks fearful. The other point is we paid a lot of money for him which could also put him under even more pressure. Shame as did want him to do well for us.

Comment

smyth was fantastic today, he still looks raw as hell but hes fearless and did some great bits with the ball. i loved it when he took on 4 of their players in the first half, dribbled past them and got a cross in. his goal was superb too, took it like a real pro. well done smyth! keep up the good work congrats on a brilliant debut!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            By who ginger
            Just a mate Bill, I should point out I've no idea how accurate this info is though!
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
              It's off he kept missing where to sign

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                The young lad looks fearless where CW looks fearful. The other point is we paid a lot of money for him which could also put him under even more pressure. Shame as did want him to do well for us.
                I think that about says it all!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

did anyone see the steward outside the west paddock after the game a ringer for our sylla

Comment

Smyth had a very good debut today but then again so did Manning. All our young players showing potential all play in the same position so Wheeler, Samuel, Eze, Chair and Smyth can't play every week unless we go with a 4-2-3-1 formation but then who do you drop.
                    Peterboro manager has already stated that he cannot afford to pay Washington's wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Lol another stick ffs, if the lad cannot sort his confidence and composure out all the training in the worlds not going to help him, best thing for hims to find it somewhere else, but you get yer stick hits
                      Why somewhere else? Why not here? What can someone elsewhere offer him that we can't, decent coaching?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        so dof les signs him.... comments "he is one for the future, we need to develop his all round game"

year and a half later he is worse than when we signed him.

if he is going, the manager and coaching team needs to go with him.
                        Is a fair point, certainly a good question.

Comment

Is the window open yet, wonderwhen it wil come out if hes gone back to pertboro

Comment

I like Washington but it is definitely time to call an end to him turning out for us. Especially as Eze is back from his loan at Wycombe.....time to give the youth a go IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Is the window open yet, wonderwhen it wil come out if hes gone back to pertboro
                              Peterborough cant afford him or his wages either one not too sure, they looking at the lad at stevenage i believe
                              only know this as i live 5 mins from the ground and good mates with a couple players. i dont believe we are in for jack marriot either !

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                                Peterborough cant afford him or his wages either one not too sure, they looking at the lad at stevenage i believe
                                only know this as i live 5 mins from the ground and good mates with a couple players. i dont believe we are in for jack marriot either !
                                Oh right, thought it was the swap. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X