Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll vote for anyone if it gets rid of the clown and the chubba

Comment

Not sure why it didn`t work out for him at Forest? Problem is, I would not want to go from one failure to the other. Hence my question.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Internet poor in the Midlands.he couldn't do his magic
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          Not sure why it didn`t work out for him at Forest? Problem is, I would not want to go from one failure to the other. Hence my question.
          You could call anyone that is available a failure, that's why they are available. It's about finding the right fit. New brooms wear out sometime but if they do the job for a decent period the club makes progress.

Comment

Warburton might not want Hill as his assistant. Managers normally stick with their assistant until the Assistant wants to be a Manager himself. That said I would take either Clement or Warburton as Manager ahead of Olly and Birch.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
              You could call anyone that is available a failure, that's why they are available. It's about finding the right fit. New brooms wear out sometime but if they do the job for a decent period the club makes progress.
              That`s true.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

It is worrying time for everyone that supports the R's, and it's been for a while. I assume that it is a situation of 'you scratch my back and I scratch yours' as far as DOF and Ollie are concerned. Les knows he cannot bring a high profile Manager. Because of the financial situation of the club, and because such a decision will jeopardise his own position. Ollie knows the club cannot bring someone better than him because of the financial restrictions. And of course, the club and the fans suffer and despair. However, to blame them for this mess is not fair 100%. The club cannot afford better players, and it is the players that do dreams come true on the pitch. Granted that tactically, IH is not good enough. If he was, he should have realised by now that the R's are not playing to their strengths. Abolish the wing backs and get back to four at the back is our best option. We rarely keep a clean sheet, which goes to show that something is terribly wrong. And this January we must get rid of some of the current players and bring some fresh talent. As things are going, I will not be surprised that we end up in Div 1.

Comment

That's cheered me up

Comment

Not sure I'd call Warburton a dream appointment. An improvement for sure, but not a dream appointment. Also worth pointing out that we could approach Clint to join the coaching staff at any point. Doesn't need to be a prerequisite that the manager is somebody he's worked with before.

I'd have loved Warburton at the time he left Brentford, but I'm a big believer in listening to what fans say about a manager when he leaves a club. All of my West Ham mates warned me about Harry when we hired him, just as a few of my Spurs mates did (not all I'll stress). Same deal with Hughes, my Fulham mates told me exactly what to expect. Didn't listen at the time, but with hindsight they were bang on in almost everything they told me.

I know a lot of Glasgow Rangers fans (I was born in Glasgow), and they have very little good to say about Warburton. Alright, he was always fighting an uphill battle as an Englishman and expectations were sky high, but they really didn't like him up there. I think expectations are also unreasonably high at Forest but from what I've read online, he hasn't gone down great there either.

Personally think we are better off looking at Clement or Monk.
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 31-12-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      Warburton might not want Hill as his assistant. Managers normally stick with their assistant until the Assistant wants to be a Manager himself. That said I would take either Clement or Warburton as Manager ahead of Olly and Birch.
                      True. Weir was his assistant so even he would be an improvement - half decent defender.

Comment

Why in English football on the whole keep banging the same old names out. Wolves. Hull last year few others looked out the box and worked

Comment

Not sure. Why would Hill be any better than Bircham?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Not sure I'd call Warburton a dream appointment. An improvement for sure, but not a dream appointment. Also worth pointing out that we could approach Clint to join the coaching staff at any point. Doesn't need to be a prerequisite that the manager is somebody he's worked with before.

I'd have loved Warburton at the time he left Brentford, but I'm a big believer in listening to what fans say about a manager when he leaves a club. All of my West Ham mates warned me about Harry when we hired him, just as a few of my Spurs mates did (not all I'll stress). Same deal with Hughes, my Fulham mates told me exactly what to expect. Didn't at the time, but with hindsight they were bang on in almost everything they told me.

I know a lot of Glasgow Rangers fans (I was born in Glasgow), and they have very little good to say about Warburton. Alright, he was always fighting an uphill battle as an Englishman and expectations were sky high, but they really didn't like him up there. I think expectations are also unreasonably high at Forest but from what I've read online, he hasn't gone down great there either.

Personally think we are better off looking at Clement or Monk.
                            Pity our club didn't listen to Millwall on that basis, never mind the doubters amongst our own.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              Not sure. Why would Hill be any better than Bircham?
                              Very intelligent bloke Clint, met him a couple of times. Loved Bircham as a player, but the brains of Britain he is not!

Comment

Brains don't mean you be good in football coaching etc

Comment

Working...
                                X