Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo

The term “life-long fan” gets thrown around between football fans quite a bit but with little meaning or truth. But, as I am only 15 years of age and have been supporting the super hoops my entire life, I am the literal meaning of said phrase.

I know that those alive during the golden age of the Rangers, Stam Bowles etc. were desperate for a hark back to those good old days in the form of a new/old logo, but I for one, think it’s rubbish.

Despite being a bit of a famed nutter, old Flavio Briottori had the right idea in mind, we are a great London club in a great location and therefore have the opportunity to become a boutique west London club like Chelsea or Arsenal undoubtedly are. However this new logo does not show QPR in that particular light, it is perhaps the most boring thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

We seem to have taken a fair few steps back from the work that old flav’ did in getting us into a premier league side that beats Chelsea.

Come on guys,
    Let’s get classy.

logo's are the least of our worries tommy

Comment

We have taken more than a few steps back, we are now a million miles away from getting to the premier league!

Comment

i like our badge tbh, its like our a modernization of our old one. i wouldn't say we're a great london club though, heck, even fulham and brentford are better than us now sadly!
        i don't want us to splash the cash on big names again either as christ that was a horrible time, give me freeman, luongo and baptiste over park, granero and bosingwa everyday

Comment

I reckon our logo could just say QPR. There's no need to expand on that with Queens Park Rangers FC or extra guff like W12 or London; seems too needy. To me, the most iconic badges, brands or logos don't have words - just a picture, squiggle or design. National flags don't have name of country on them do they? We could maybe think like that...... it might take several years but if we just had, say a blue and white crown and no text it would eventually become synonymous with QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy View Post
            The term “life-long fan” gets thrown around between football fans quite a bit but with little meaning or truth. But, as I am only 15 years of age and have been supporting the super hoops my entire life, I am the literal meaning of said phrase.

I know that those alive during the golden age of the Rangers, Stam Bowles etc. were desperate for a hark back to those good old days in the form of a new/old logo, but I for one, think it’s rubbish.

Despite being a bit of a famed nutter, old Flavio Briottori had the right idea in mind, we are a great London club in a great location and therefore have the opportunity to become a boutique west London club like Chelsea or Arsenal undoubtedly are. However this new logo does not show QPR in that particular light, it is perhaps the most boring thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

We seem to have taken a fair few steps back from the work that old flav’ did in getting us into a premier league side that beats Chelsea.

Come on guys,
            Let’s get classy.

Good post Tommy! As one who is concerned where the next generation of Rs fans will come from. I think it's important that you have clear ideas on what you want your Rangers to be, and we must listen if we are to move on.

And welcome!

Comment

yes welcome tommy

Comment

Working...
              X