3-5-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-5-2

Anyone else sick and farking tired of watching us play 3-5-2?

Admittedly our squad lacks quality, but surely when your squad lacks quality you play to your strengths?

If we dont have Wing-Backs, dont play a formation that relies on Wing-Backs.

Why are we not playing wingers when thats arguably our best department right now:

Wzsolek - He was playing outstanding every game when he was played out wide, seems to have lost all confidence since being shoved at right back.

Shodipo - So much potential, wheres he gone now?

Bright - Looks a great talent so play him out wide and dont ruin the kids chances by playing him out of position.

Wheeler - The guy scored a goal and has been dumped on the bench ever since. Why not give him a real chance playing in his preferred position and see what he can do?

I also think that by playing with wingers we might actually get a few more goals from our Strikers.

Like Sylla or not, when he gets service he puts the ball in the back of the net. You can say hes done nothing the past 2 games, but has he even been given anything to feed off?

Im no football genius but for me it really is simple. Work with what you've got, dont try and be fancy.

4-3-3, Trio in midfield followed by Bright, Wzsolek and Sylla upfront. Get at them with pace.

Rant Over
    Last edited by bradrangers; 30-12-2017, 01:10 AM.

Might as well be 7-3-0

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      Might as well be 7-3-0
      2 wing backs either side of a back 3? my god i think you're onto something! thats been the problem all alone, we simply haven't played enough wing backs! boy oh boy am i looking forward to wheeler and cousins joining bidwell and pavel against cardiff!!

Comment

what eva formation olly plays won't work these players are awful , i've been going since the 70's and what i sat thru tonite was one of the worse performances i've seen by a team in a rangers shirt

Comment

This.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            what eva formation olly plays won't work these players are awful , i've been going since the 70's and what i sat thru tonite was one of the worse performances i've seen by a team in a rangers shirt
            It was dire and you are right, we don't have the calibre of player to play 3 but the OP makes some sensible points. Bidwell is hopeless going forward and can't cross a decent ball and Wszolek is a winger who should be going past people and pulling back a cross. Neither of them makes a good wingback. You know it, a few thousand fans know it but Holloway seems to think he's managing City or Barca.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              2 wing backs either side of a back 3? my god i think you're onto something! thats been the problem all alone, we simply haven't played enough wing backs! boy oh boy am i looking forward to wheeler and cousins joining bidwell and pavel against cardiff!!
              Hahahaha brilliant 😃

Of course, how could we all be so blind.
              4 wingbacks is what's needed. Two wingbacks each side can hold hands and run up and down the lines in tandem.

Right, that's the transfer window sorted.
              6 new wingers please Ollie.

#thewingandI
              #wingandaprayer
              #Alwayswingspadds
              #anywaythewingblows
              #wingbackinblack
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I don't think we have great options at RB if we go with a back 4 so that is a concern, in the 3-5-2 as others have said, Bidwell is not a wingback, he is fine in a back 4, Wszolek I haven't given up on as a wingback, he struggled mightily today and his crossing lets him down too often lately! I guess it's all about fitting a system to the players and to be honest I'm not sure the problem is all the system we play!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                  I don't think we have great options at RB if we go with a back 4 so that is a concern, in the 3-5-2 as others have said, Bidwell is not a wingback, he is fine in a back 4, Wszolek I haven't given up on as a wingback, he struggled mightily today and his crossing lets him down too often lately! I guess it's all about fitting a system to the players and to be honest I'm not sure the problem is all the system we play!
                  A winger who has to do the work of a wingback will always struggle with his crosses. Winger should not have to work too hard defensively. Delivering crosses of a certain quality is almost an art in itself and requires top consentration.
                  Last edited by Shania; 30-12-2017, 02:03 PM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                    Do you not think we would get more success with say something like this?

Smithies

Furlong/Perch/Onuoha, Hall, Robinson, Bidwell

Scowen, Luongo, Freeman

Wszolek, Sylla, Bright/Wheeler

Everyone in correct positions, flat back 4 and Sylla gets service.

Am I being naive or is it that simple?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                      Might as well be 7-3-0
                      I get it as flippant remark but at least we'd stand chance of getting a point cos our forward won't get us anything

Comment

What should a 352 play like? Well, pretty straightforward... A 352 should be able to hold the ball in the middle well since we've got 3 people in the middle. By playing a converted full back in one of the wide centre back positions, it should be good at covering the marauding wing backs. By playing 2 strikers, it should have options to create chances. By having good wing backs, it should lead to plenty of crosses from wide positions for the strikers to receive in the box.

How many of these things can we say are true with us? I have to say that right now, maybe one of them is true (Covering the wing backs)... other than that, we don't really do as much as we should with this formation and that means one of two things... 1) the manager is instructing the players to do something that doesn't suit the formation... or 2) The players are wrong for the system...

For us, I wouldn't be surprised if both of these things were wrong...
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

What is the difference between a wingback and a winger ? Imo very little except a winger playing wingback is expected to get up and down the flank more often and have some idea of how to defend

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            What is the difference between a wingback and a winger ? Imo very little except a winger playing wingback is expected to get up and down the flank more often and have some idea of how to defend
                            It's about where you start your runs and responsibilities you have to take on.

Wingers can be ahead of the midfielders at all times when the team is in possession. Wing backs have to be weary of counters, so they start from deep, meaning they have to hold the ball for longer in order to get a chance to deliver a cross.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Wingbacks are not easy to find. Especially for a club like QPR these days.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X