3-5-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    A winger who has to do the work of a wingback will always struggle with his crosses. Winger should not have to work too hard defensively. Delivering crosses of a certain quality is almost an art in itself and requires top consentration.
    This. If he fails to beat his man and is dispossessed there's no one behind him. The centre back has to push out to cover a ball down the channel leaving a hole in the middle for them to exploit by playing it through the middle. Every time Pawel gets the ball his first objective is to keep possession, not cross the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post
      Do you not think we would get more success with say something like this?

Smithies

Furlong/Perch/Onuoha, Hall, Robinson, Bidwell

Scowen, Luongo, Freeman

Wszolek, Sylla, Bright/Wheeler

Everyone in correct positions, flat back 4 and Sylla gets service.

Am I being naive or is it that simple?
      I still am not really comfortable with any of those 3 at RB, at this point anything is worth a try and I'm not sure in the many variations of lineups we haven't seen something like this! The one consistency in any of the systems has been keeping the midfield 3 together and your 4-3-3 does that, as I said, it may not make a huge difference what we play with this poor collection of players!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Not that. Simple they they do take the ballfrom deep to bye line to cross they would also give a supporting run to take op defender away from the man on the ballthey would also exchange passes down the flank , but yes they do need one eye on defencive duties
        See this polish lad I wonder if he can speak English he will sometimes overlap to receive a pass and cross another time he will get forward and just wait and not overlap on a good day he is a wingback on another day he's like a fart in a trance
        Last edited by dogsrrs; 30-12-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          This. If he fails to beat his man and is dispossessed there's no one behind him. The centre back has to push out to cover a ball down the channel leaving a hole in the middle for them to exploit by playing it through the middle. Every time Pawel gets the ball his first objective is to keep possession, not cross the ball.
          It would be interesting to see how many points we got when Pawel played in his preferred role. Compared with playing him as a wingback, of course
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

I personally think we need to play 4 2 3 1 and be more solid - Luongo and scowen shielding the defence and Freeman given that 10 role behind a semi decent striker.

Smithies

Ned hall baptise Robinson

Scowen Luongo

Wsolev Freeman new winger

New striker

Potentially a new rb needed as well. Bring back Eze from loan, keep smith and Samuel for the bench and sell Sylla and Washington.

Comment

Can't move your best c/b Robinson out of the middlea new right back two forwards and go 4_4_2

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                It would be interesting to see how many points we got when Pawel played in his preferred role. Compared with playing him as a wingback, of course
                As a right wing back/right back, We have 12 points in 14 games over the last 2 seasons.

As a right winger/right mid, we have 17 points in 15 games. He's also played Centre Mid.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  What should a 352 play like? Well, pretty straightforward... A 352 should be able to hold the ball in the middle well since we've got 3 people in the middle. By playing a converted full back in one of the wide centre back positions, it should be good at covering the marauding wing backs. By playing 2 strikers, it should have options to create chances. By having good wing backs, it should lead to plenty of crosses from wide positions for the strikers to receive in the box.

How many of these things can we say are true with us? I have to say that right now, maybe one of them is true (Covering the wing backs)... other than that, we don't really do as much as we should with this formation and that means one of two things... 1) the manager is instructing the players to do something that doesn't suit the formation... or 2) The players are wrong for the system...

For us, I wouldn't be surprised if both of these things were wrong...
                  Agree, both.

Comment

Working...
                  X