How much longer can people defend these tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    I don't like it so what do YOU suggest 4_4_2, if we had a threat up front that would suit me
    Yes, 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 or 4-3-3.

That formation would AT LEAST play to the squads strengths because you would have dedicated full backs and wingers. It would also make better use of the strikers we have because, even given their limitations, Sylla, Smith and Wheeler are all decent in the air (i.e. playing to their strengths) - so with decent supply line from wingers crossing from the byline we would have created far more genuine goal-scoring opportunities for them. You will never achieve this with wingbacks because we don't have any - therefore the crosses that do come in are from far deeper areas and are thus far easier for defenders to mop up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

That formation would AT LEAST play to the squads strengths because you would have dedicated full backs and wingers. It would also make better use of the strikers we have because, even given their limitations, Sylla, Smith and Wheeler are all decent in the air (i.e. playing to their strengths) - so with decent supply line from wingers crossing from the byline we would have created far more genuine goal-scoring opportunities for them. You will never achieve this with wingbacks because we don't have any - therefore the crosses that do come in are from far deeper areas and are thus far easier for defenders to mop up.
      Then cue the dinosauer tactics comments ollie hasnt a clue, stuck in the 80s blah blah blah
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Common sense try telling Holloway Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Then cue the dinosauer tactics comments ollie hasnt a clue, stuck in the 80s blah blah blah
          You are deluded Mr Holloway play to your strengths.......simple

Comment

As plain as the nose on one's face. Not recognizing that is, in itself, a sackable offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              Well said Sir.
              Many of us are in total agreement with this post.
              #realist
              I'm also in agreement with Jimmy.
              #happyclapper
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                What formation do you want ??
                We have exactly the right players for 4-5-1/4-3-3

Smithies

Bidwell
                Robinson
                Onouha/hall/Baptiste
                Baptiste/Perch/Furlong/Cousins

Scowen/Borysiuk
                Luongo/Goss
                Freeman/Manning

Pavel/wheeler
                Shodipo/BOS/YenI

Sylla

The full backs don’t need to exactly bomb forward but if they do then the def mid can step in cover.

By having out and out wingers then we can get crosses in to Sylla where is most effective. Use the wingers to get width on the pitch which the midfield 3 can then utilise to get the ball wide.

There is no need to aimlessly hoof it long hoping Sylla or Smith may be able to hold it up if the pass ends up somewhere in their vicinity.

We have a big enough squad for 2 players in every position.

Comment

I'm not defending the managers judgement but I do see his point with the crap we have on offer as forwards ( Smith ,Syla Washington Mackie yeni ) playing any two of those does he feel we need the extra m/field man to try to stop the m/f being over run due to the lack of goal threat

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    And how much money has ollie had to sign strikers?? one matt smith for a million! so that kind of stops that one there straight away! if he can get one or two strikers in can see a change to how we are scoring, look at how many ollies brought in and how good theyve been even if individualy! how much more do you expect with fark all money? and what superleague manager do you honestly thinks going to sign better players with nothing?
                    Not an Ollie fan but totally agree he is on a complete shoe string budget. Although that's what he used to thrive on so not sure we can sell that one but it is true none the less
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Not an Ollie fan but totally agree he is on a complete shoe string budget. Although that's what he used to thrive on so not sure we can sell that one but it is true none the less
                      WTF talk about leopard changing spots you have been one of his biggest fans!!! When did the love affair end

Comment

Nah, he deserves all the fans he can get these days,WeAreQPR12!
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          WTF talk about leopard changing spots you have been one of his biggest fans!!! When did the love affair end
                          Like I said to you I was desperate for him to be a success. I am not blinkered and recent results have not been good enough. I can't glam that up but I really worry for us as a club and I think the future is starting to look bleak
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Yes we are on a budget so you sign players to play not for positions you don't use. Most of the players are steadily getting worse not better under this current regime. Bite the bullet Tony and get MacLaren D-O-F and Clement as Manager. Might cost money at first but more will
                            be lost in the long run.

Comment

• Yesterday was so awful, our tactic was go there, long ball to no one and try not to lose.

Our better players will be wondering where our club is going, they'll be wanting to better themselves.

Is it our players or the tactics?

Comment

huddersfield

Comment

Working...
                                X