Our U23 players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our U23 players

Furlong, Kakay, Hamalainen, Manning, Goss, Petrasso, Shodipo, Osayi-Samuel, Eze, Chair, Grego-Cox, Smyth etc...

To date (and in 1 year+ of IH's management) not one of these players has established themselves as a 1st team regular, and yet we're so often reminded how much talent and potential they have.

IMO this begs a few questions:

Is it still relatively early days for them?.....Or do you find this unacceptable for a club of our size, status and financial position?

And is this because:

A) They're simply not good enough yet?
    B) Ollie has been over-cautious?
    C) Sub-standard coaching?

Discuss

What a load of tosh ! A they're simply not good enough , some are some arn't furlong and Manning have had chances neither has done much , Bright is making the break through but still needs nursing into a regular spot then nobody knows a lot about he rest , when dealing young players futures erring on the side of caution is no bad thing
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 28-12-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Can I just get this clear in my mind please?

To what extent is Chris Ramsey involved in coaching the development squad?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        What a load of tosh !
        Well thanks! I find them quite reasonable questions personally!

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
        Can I just get this clear in my mind please?

To what extent is Chris Ramsey involved in coaching the development squad?
        He heads the academy, so oversees all the coaching and development. 'Technical Director' being his official title.

Comment

For me likely mixture of A and B. Our youth and reserve set up has been awful for years. Going to take a number of years for us to meaningfully start producing first team players unless Ollie does manage to get us into League One! We are where I would hope we would be realistically. Players beginning to come through that aren't too far away but not quite there.

Bright I don't count as we have only recently signed him. We have Furlong and Manning in and around the first team. Chair just started getting odd games. Eze seems to be have done ok on loan and coming back.

Comment

What a load of tosh ! A they're simply not good enough , some are some arn't furlong and Manning have had chances neither has done much , Bright is making the break through but still needs nursing into a regular spot then nobody knows a lot about he rest , when dealing young players futures erring on the side of caution is no bad thing
            they're better than anyone else we've had come through for the past 20 years. some of them will end up breaking into the side, but under ollie? i dont know

Comment

OK, so would it be fair to say he has been directly involved in the development of these players from an early stage in their career?

I just have a notion that it might be an option to give Chris a second chance of managing the first team when those in the development squad, who he is already familiar with, and has brought on so well, are ready to make the step up?

So, see Ollie through to the end of his term, and then make that switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                Well thanks! I find them quite reasonable questions personally!

He heads the academy, so oversees all the coaching and development. 'Technical Director' being his official title.
                What makes it a load of tosh is question A how can anybody group all the development players as simply not good enough as said Manning and furlong has had a crack Bright is making a breakthrough and the rest mentioned nobody knows enough about to make a judgement on

Comment

Ramsey is not Manager of the U18s or the U23s but in a job specially created for him to save paying off all his contract and he is ex Spurs. Half of the names mentioned were developed elsewhere.
                  In 2014 Gallen compared Grego- Cox to Charlie Austin but three years later he has four appearances to his name and a loan to Newport. If we don't ruin them by blooding them in tough away games,out of position and then let them disappear
                  we might have two or three that could make the grade.Samuel, Eze and Chair. All developed elsewhere.

Comment

What makes it a load of tosh is question A
                    It would be "a load of tosh" if you ignored the OP's 2nd sentence, which clearly you have.

Comment

Ollies already stated hes too many players at the club & would like to get rid of a few so the youngsters can get a chance! stan getting the ollie stick out again lol, another sign of desperation like furtive as ollies getting the results coming back
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Slow news day?

Comment

Follow Pinkie's example and have a bit of patience Stan.

Holloway hasn't worked his way through all the permutations with the senior players yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            It would be "a load of tosh" if you ignored the OP's 2nd sentence, which clearly you have.
                            Oh no I didn't ignore question 2 I did state it's no bad thing to err on the side of caution when dealing with young players futures
                            What makes it tosh is question 1 you're asking for opinions to be given on players you've mentioned not making the breakthrough when nobody has seen them therefore can't give an honest opinion

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              Slow news day?
                              Defo

Comment

Working...
                              X