Impotent in the final third.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impotent in the final third.

Today I thought we got into some really good positions. Pavel must have wasted over 10 attempts at a cross. We never seem to look confident of scoring a goal.

Our keeper is decent.

Defence is fine/ok

Midfield isn't as good as people suggest but can still compete with most oppo.

Forwards are absolute turd. Smith is a super sub, no more no less
    Mackie and Washington shouldn't be playing championship football. And sylla isn't the one.

Although I like the passion we are playing with I find the quality of a lot of our attacking appalling

We say it every week mate. The group of “forwards” at this club are an absolute joke. Their inability to hit that massive great target(anyone who’s played football will tell you how big it is at ground level) with any sort of consistency will be the difference. It really is #### poor. I actually don’t trust any of of forwards to finish a one on one and that’s a major concern, been saying that since Austin left though so don’t expect it to change. Sylla is the best of a very poor bunch, gump and son of gump are league one at the very best and smith only seems to play when brought on as an impact. I’d be half tempted to play wheeler and bright a go atm

Comment

our strikers are shocking, imo i'd go as far to say they're the worst ones in the mini league. i'm still a fan of sylla though and think he just needs a run of games, conor has had tonnes of opportunities and wasted every single one and will probably continue to do so, sylla deserves to at least get a chance of being our first choice striker considering he was our top scorer last season despite playing a limited role.
      same with wheeler too, he had a cracking season with exeter but hasn't been given so much as a sniff in our first team bar the odd appearance at lift wingback and as a target man. it must have shot his confidence right up givem the hard work he put in last season to earn himself a move to the championship yet is being wasted on the bench in favour of washington and mackie who offer nothing up front except giving fans an opportunity to take a toilet break

Comment

i've no faith in any of our strikers , they need to be told that goals win games and to score u need to hit the target

Comment

Completely agree with the OP, so many points lost due to a lack of a goal scorer and I may add lack of goals from other positions our Centre Back's recent brace notwithstanding!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Gotta sign someone in January and ideally the start of it too to pull away from the drop zone, as most agree were not in sparkling form too often to be mid to top half and lose too many games in clusters too often as well

Comment

This is what’s maddening. We have now scored 8 goals in the last 10 games. If we average less than a goal a game we are going to tie or lose almost every game. Unless you make the argument that our non-goal scoring vet forwards are helping us keep the other side to less than a goal a game, we’re in big trouble. For the umpeenth time, Ollie, stop giving fans stick when u stubbornly stick to mediocrity. Bench Mackie and Washington, play Sylla in rotation with Bright, Chair, Eze, Wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                This is what’s maddening. We have now scored 8 goals in the last 10 games. If we average less than a goal a game we are going to tie or lose almost every game. Unless you make the argument that our non-goal scoring vet forwards are helping us keep the other side to less than a goal a game, we’re in big trouble. For the umpeenth time, Ollie, stop giving fans stick when u stubbornly stick to mediocrity. Bench Mackie and Washington, play Sylla in rotation with Bright, Chair, Eze, Wheeler.
                Come on Buddy we don't know much about Eze and Chair we certainly don't know what parts of their game that need to be ironed out if any , we now seeing Bright get game and that's promising but he his self has said he still isn't the finished article , we can't throw in players that are still a bit raw at time that might get the fans on their backs

Comment

I don’t disagree with any of the above but do think we’re being touch harsh on our strikers especially Sylla and Smith, less so Washington (as he seems to get chances and miss them) as the tactics don’t suit their style of play

Smith and Sylla are not the type of players who create their own chances they need them created for them, so that means balls going into the box to attack but as stated above we don’t really put ball in the box for them (when we do they usually do the business) but without crossing the ball it’s harsh to hang them

My fear if you throw a Eze in who is getting the same pitiful service as the current strikers, due to the poor tactics, then any confidence he’s built up on loan will soon be drained unless he has ability to create his own opportunities because others are not

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    I don’t disagree with any of the above but do think we’re being touch harsh on our strikers especially Sylla and Smith, less so Washington (as he seems to get chances and miss them) as the tactics don’t suit their style of play

Smith and Sylla are not the type of players who create their own chances they need them created for them, so that means balls going into the box to attack but as stated above we don’t really put ball in the box for them (when we do they usually do the business) but without crossing the ball it’s harsh to hang them

My fear if you throw a Eze in who is getting the same pitiful service as the current strikers, due to the poor tactics, then any confidence he’s built up on loan will soon be drained unless he has ability to create his own opportunities because others are not
                    I agree mate. Hard to judge our strikers fairly when we create so little for them as a team, particularly from wide areas.

It looks inevitable that we will be relying on some of the younger players however. All the noises coming out of the club are that we will be reducing the wage bill in January, not adding to it. I'd expect to see more of the likes of BOS, Oteh, Chair and Eze in the coming months.

Personally I don't mind so much. It's so hard to pick up decent attacking players at this level without breaking the bank, it makes sense to blood a few of our own. You never know, we actually might end up making a few quid off some of them!
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 27-12-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

It wouldn't happen, but if you put Sylla in front of a top tier team who's player know how to create space for their team mates and are comfortable on the ball in the final third, he'd be scoring plenty.

He's good enough at getting himself in position and finds the net often enough, considering how out of favour he is.

We unfortunately are not that team, our players aren't good enough to play like that. So we need a better striker. Infact we need 3 but lets not kid ourselves.

Comment

Unfortunately a decent striker won't come cheap and we are skint

Comment

Agree with Wests, Tarbs and Topper. For the 845th time, play with wingers and Sylla, Wheeler and Smith will all get you goals. Aint rocket science but IH seems to think it is the way he sets up teams.

Comment

Wheeler aint even making the squad.
                            Wonder whats going on?
                            Another bad apple or injured or dollie the wallie hollowead just thinls hes shite but gump the gimps one and two are messi and ronalddo..

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              i've no faith in any of our strikers , they need to be told that goals win games and to score u need to hit the target
                              Could do worse than stick Robinson up top.Quick,tall,good in the air and not too shabby on the deck.I'll get my coat.

Comment

Working...
                              X