Imagine what might happen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine what might happen...

...if we played a veteran back line supporting a fast, young, aggressive midfield and front line? We are simply too slow in our build up, and far too tentative in our approach to goal. We need players who run and gun, not sprint and quit. Five bottom lines: (1) Keep the Baptiste, Onouha, Robinson back line intact; (2) Platoon Bidwell at times with Lynch, Pavel at times with Chair; (3) Instead of playing the big three trio in the midfield EVERY game, would at times sub out Luongo or Freeman with Manning and Chair to keep them fresh (Scowen is our unsung here here); (4) If we can't trade or loan them, bench Mackie and Conor the rest of the season (nice guys who hustle with no result); in their place play pace and youth (Cousins, Eze, Bright, Wheeling, Oteh); (5) Question whether the time for a "big man in the middle" has come and gone: can maybe see it in the final 15 minutes when we need a key header, but lunky slow play there is no longer acceptable in the modern game; Sylla not yet evolving, Smith as good as he's going to get. Thoughts?

All I know it's a long term project at rangers which I'm not sure how it's modelled but I hope it works and we have a structure to the club forever,still not sure where Ollie fits in but if it's gunna work why not him start this off which is like a fairy tale and get it right then pass it on to a young future manager to progress it furthur like a Clement for example

Comment

All very interesting but we have no dough ! After three years we have a championship defence and midfield but a forwards that lack pace and ability can't make runs for m/f to hit space or provide though balls , need to Many touches in and around the box yep the m/f is slow due to the lack of movement from our top class forwards
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 27-12-2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

So you think we will never have money in the future long term with our owners?

Comment

Go back to go forward but stay in championship must be goal which I feel we will do,and as time passes I'm hoping a bright future

Comment

Originally posted by pauly View Post
            We ain't got it now have we but what do have is the threat of a 40 mil fine for over spending as you stated it's a long term project !

Comment

Originally posted by pauly View Post
              Yes as only thing In my view stopping them spending is fear of FFP. Once that implodes across the game I think they will dig deep, not the way they did in prem as that was madness, but spend sensibly

Comment

What will be will be but I'm seeing a change but it takes a long time just have to be patient,might be like this for a while maybe another 5 seasons I dunno but championship footy ain't bad it's a good league which must stay in til we ready to push on

Comment

True never spend big but spend more then we are now

Comment

We're two thirds to a decent championship team but the forward line needs to be addressed if we took all three points today Ipswich could have had no complaints , with proper forwards we probably would've , we are moving in the right direction and look like we could have the back up of young players coming through

Comment

Agree with the long-term solidity plan. My point is why not see what we've got on this club in the kiddie corps? Mackie and Conor just aren't good enough; same goes for Smith and Ngbkota. Sylla worth developing but needs a coach who knows how to bring that out in him. As for Bright and Chair and Eze, am excited every time they touch the ball. As for the coaches, how bout teaching all a thirst for the goal? Every good effort these days seems to go wanting cause no one on the front line wants to take the shot.

Comment

Time to play the younger players is when we are mathematically safe. Lets not have a repeat of last season. Todays team were pretty much our strongest so lets give it a run without Holloway giving players guest appearances for one game.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          We're two thirds to a decent championship team but the forward line needs to be addressed if we took all three points today Ipswich could have had no complaints , with proper forwards we probably would've , we are moving in the right direction and look like we could have the back up of young players coming through
                          Youll get put back in youre place for saying that bit of truth there dogs mate, we are shiiite and we are not improving & ollie doesnt play youngsters & ollies no good at bringing youngsters on etc etc
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            Youll get put back in youre place for saying that bit of truth there dogs mate, we are shiiite and we are not improving & ollie doesnt play youngsters & ollies no good at bringing youngsters on etc etc
                            Oh yeah I'm waiting for it to happen ! Soon I'm going to get attacked on all sides coz I think the manager is doing the right thing by playing our left back out of position as a central defender

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Oh yeah I'm waiting for it to happen ! Soon I'm going to get attacked on all sides coz I think the manager is doing the right thing by playing our left back out of position as a central defender
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                              X