New FA Rule retrospectively looking at diving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New FA Rule retrospectively looking at diving

Hope they have extra members they can call on for panel as they could spend a week on Bristol City alone

Assume they will look at the penalty and ban the player for going down like a sack of s hite. Anyone on social media should be drawing FAs attention to this

Westy most of the teams at the top are prone to playing on the edge not outright fouling or cheating but a push here nudge there push shirt tug villa was the same boxed up with a certain amount of skill and ability typical of their manager , you see it in most sides they reflect their manager but that success usually gets found out after a year or two

Comment

The player was knocked off balance while challenging in the air, it's always a foul. A draw was a fair result.

Comment

If Flint was the foul called he jumped in the air and fell over his own player. The ref was worked constantly by Flint for fouls; and so the ref caved. Simple as that. Given the severity of making that call at that point in the game, it was absolutely atrocious. And ref never consulted anyone else about it. I grieve for the team, and Ollie, for another let’s- stick-it-to-the-Hoops moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
          The player was knocked off balance while challenging in the air, it's always a foul. A draw was a fair result.
          Eh? Never a foul in a million years. Gets under the ball and knocked off balance by his own player.

Not a dive in a million years though, and not a penalty either.

Comment

Apologies, Iv'e just looked at it again, correct, upended by own player.

Comment

Awful decision

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                The player was knocked off balance while challenging in the air, it's always a foul.
                If that were true we should have had about 10 penalties this season with all the 'challenges' on Smith in the box that were totally ignored.

Comment

Lee Johnson's response:

"I genuinely thought we should have had two, maybe three penalties before that. I’m not sure whether that one was a penalty but I think it was kind of like the straw that broke the camel’s back.

At one point the centre-half was stripping Aden Flint and had his shirt over his head. There was another one where if it was anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a foul as he got clattered from behind, and finally the ref gave the third.

I don’t think that can be a contentious point in the game because we thoroughly deserved the point due to the relentless nature of our attacking play.”

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Lee Johnson's response:

"I genuinely thought we should have had two, maybe three penalties before that. I’m not sure whether that one was a penalty but I think it was kind of like the straw that broke the camel’s back.

At one point the centre-half was stripping Aden Flint and had his shirt over his head. There was another one where if it was anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a foul as he got clattered from behind, and finally the ref gave the third.

I don’t think that can be a contentious point in the game because we thoroughly deserved the point due to the relentless nature of our attacking play.”
                    What a k ant

Comment

They should really appoint a professional like Ashley Young to the panel.

Comment

Working...
                      X