Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who in their right mind would take off a fit Freeman???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Will people stop banging on about the substitutions? Luke Freeman has a calf strain and is a doubt for Millwall but may make it BECAUSE he was substituted. People that stayed to the end to applaud our players efforts would have noticed he came out with only one boot and sock on to wave to the fans. Young Bright was having his first start and had run himself into the ground. He needed a rest badly. Please do not come on here criticising someone who is in a much better position than you to judge if a player is fit to stay on the pitch. You do not have the knowledge, insight or data required to make those statements. Way too many “Championship Manager” pundits amongst our fan base who look at their PC and see a player is 87% fit so know what button to press. It’s not as exact a science as that in real life!!!

haha love it kev, was waiting for it to be another sarcastic post reading through to the end of it
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      If he was injured then Cousins could have replaced him; not a centre back. Bringing on Smith and Washington Madrid play worse. The manner of the subs yesterday put us on the back foot. Fact. Read Clive's match report on LFW. And he doesn't want to get shot of Ollie.
      Im not sticking up for him, thats not my words, though the only postive record he has got so far this season is best use of subs. Probably down to Smith.
      In fact , Luongo most tackles, Freeman most assists, Ollie best use of subs, then why are we so dog shite and in a titanic relegation battle? Doesnt compute really does it

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Will people stop banging on about the substitutions? Luke Freeman has a calf strain and is a doubt for Millwall but may make it BECAUSE he was substituted. People that stayed to the end to applaud our players efforts would have noticed he came out with only one boot and sock on to wave to the fans. Young Bright was having his first start and had run himself into the ground. He needed a rest badly. Please do not come on here criticising someone who is in a much better position than you to judge if a player is fit to stay on the pitch. You do not have the knowledge, insight or data required to make those statements. Way too many “Championship Manager” pundits amongst our fan base who look at their PC and see a player is 87% fit so know what button to press. It’s not as exact a science as that in real life!!!
        Fair enough, agree on Ollie knowing better who needed to come off, and I had no idea Freeman had a knock. Still question why he brought Grant Hall on. Cousins was on the bench. Bringing on another defender was always going to bring more pressure onto us.

Comment

I had been trying to post something up similar to what Kev did, but was unable to put it as eloquently as he did
          I too have been baffled at times at the formations, subs etc.
          The reason I haven't resorted to insulting our players, manager D.O.F. Chairman tea lady etc, is that I have absolutely no idea what goes on in training or behind the scenes.
          Surely if there was other options to what Ollie uses, & he constantly ignored them, he would be held accountable by LF or TF?
          I always accepted that this season would be about stability in the middle of the table, & developing a squad that would stand half a chance if we ever got promoted in the future.
          Although not pretty at times, what I have seem so far this season, is pretty much what I expected.
          Before the usual suspects poke their heads up; yes I haven't been to a game this season, & I can only base my info on the live streams with the option of slow mo, FF, rewind & zoom, & as most the games are morning time over here, usually stone cold sober
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
            I had been trying to post something up similar to what Kev did, but was unable to put it as eloquently as he did
            I too have been baffled at times at the formations, subs etc.
            The reason I haven't resorted to insulting our players, manager D.O.F. Chairman tea lady etc, is that I have absolutely no idea what goes on in training or behind the scenes.
            Surely if there was other options to what Ollie uses, & he constantly ignored them, he would be held accountable by LF or TF?
            I always accepted that this season would be about stability in the middle of the table, & developing a squad that would stand half a chance if we ever got promoted in the future.
            Although not pretty at times, what I have seem so far this season, is pretty much what I expected.
            Before the usual suspects poke their heads up; yes I haven't been to a game this season, & I can only base my info on the live streams with the option of slow mo, FF, rewind & zoom, & as most the games are morning time over here, usually stone cold sober

Yep, although you do miss things from not being at the games such as off the ball runs and marking because you are at the mercy of the camera angles your point is good about the benefit of slow motion replays, as for the matches being early here, you need to try Happy Coffee as I do every match in my circa 1986 QPR mug, it helps a lot!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
              [/B]
              Yep, although you do miss things from not being at the games such as off the ball runs and marking because you are at the mercy of the camera angles your point is good about the benefit of slow motion replays, as for the matches being early here, you need to try Happy Coffee as I do every match in my circa 1986 QPR mug, it helps a lot!
              LOL, happy coffee, you'll have to send me the recipe (please tell me it doesn't include maple syrup)
              You're correct about being at the mercy of the camera angles & not being able to see off the ball runs. Also been noticing that whoever are the producers/directors of the stream, are not very good. Lost count how many times that you can hear the crowd getting excited but we are still stuck with a replay or a quick bio on a player.
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                LOL, happy coffee, you'll have to send me the recipe (please tell me it doesn't include maple syrup)
                You're correct about being at the mercy of the camera angles & not being able to see off the ball runs. Also been noticing that whoever are the producers/directors of the stream, are not very good. Lost count how many times that you can hear the crowd getting excited but we are still stuck with a replay or a quick bio on a player.
                No maple syrup, Cuban Rum is one ingredient though! The production isn't great but there are actually replays and more than one camera and it's actually live so it's miles better than what I was paying for last year!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Fair enough, agree on Ollie knowing better who needed to come off, and I had no idea Freeman had a knock. Still question why he brought Grant Hall on. Cousins was on the bench. Bringing on another defender was always going to bring more pressure onto us.
                  Grant has proven to do well in m/f ! Cousins has done nothing except fill a shirt Tarbs he had to go with grant instead of gambling that Cousins might eventually come against Brizzle

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    Grant has proven to do well in m/f ! Cousins has done nothing except fill a shirt Tarbs he had to go with grant instead of gambling that Cousins might eventually come against Brizzle
                    Ok, so he had to go with a centre half who hasn't played in nearly a year in central midfield instead of a central midfielder? Whatever you say mate!

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Been saying the same doggs, for some reason they all seem to ignore the fact hes played well there in that role!
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Hall is s hit in midfield and don’t get obsession with people wanting him him played their. As middle man in back three taking ball our no problem at all as a CM no for me not even close to being good enough in that role

Comment

Makes me cringe when Hall starts trying to pull the strings in midfield like he's busquets but I do kind of understand the logic bringing him on. Whether that was the right decision is another question

Comment

Working...
                          X