On way home - QPR 1 Bristol City 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home - QPR 1 Bristol City 1

Really enjoyed that, full blown Xmas cracker with both teams slugging it out, Rangers shaded first half but City came back strongly in the second and at the end I iwas pleased with a point.
    Cannot fault Rangers for effort and fight, apart from Sylla who contributed very little, thought we lost momentum when the young lad was subbed, as usual Washington adds nothing to the team, Smith was brought out mainly to help defend against some 7 foot giant who City had upfront.

The front 3 at Rangers offer very little and we are desperate for a decent forward.
    Defence looked fairly solid and only a mysterious penalty allowed them back into the game, although they hit the post and peppered our goal with shots, Smithies pulled of a blinding save from a great header
    Overall a good point against a team that are flying atm, rode our luck a bit but deserved the point, our weakness is blantantly obvious and that was there for all to see before season started.

Poor crowd but for once a decent atmosphere with the crowd responding to the teams effort.
    Last edited by Romford Hoop; 23-12-2017, 06:55 PM.

Sounds promising. So do you want clement or stick with Ollie romford?
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

We need a manger who can get a team playing both halves.

Comment

Not a Holloway fan, his team gives their all I give him that, however tactically hopeless and has favourites he continues blindly to play, feel we have a decent squad apart from upfront where we are very very poor, not sure who we could tempt, or even who I would like.

Comment

2 points to make, the ref was absolutely itching to give that penalty, the d!ckhead. And taking off Freeman for Hall and sitting on the 1-0 when we were under the cosh was a stupid decision with 15mins left.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            We need a manger who can get a team playing both halves.
            Give over ffs 77, yeah i agree ollies totally to blame for bristol being better in the second - get rid
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Ginge super point going defensive with 15mins to go was way to early

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                Give over ffs 77, yeah i agree ollies totally to blame for bristol being better in the second - get rid
                You ought be able to counter the opponents stepping up. Which they certainly did. He couldn't. And his subs made it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  You ought be able to counter the opponents stepping up. Which they certainly did. He couldn't. And his subs made it worse.
                  Wasnt at the game so cant say alot about who hes took off, but 77 if he had stayed having a go alot on here would of been calling for not being astute and going gung ho, its just one of those things, he`ll be kicking himself but in the game bristol on the form there on are always going to have a spell!

Comment

Wasnt at the game so cant say alot about who hes took off, but 77 if he had stayed having a go alot on here would of been calling for not being astute and going gung ho, its just one of those things, he`ll be kicking himself but in the game bristol on the form there on are always going to have a spell!
                    Gambled and lost. Had it come off you and a few other would've been lording him. It didn't.

I can see why he did it, but it was a poor move, but tactics isn't Ollies strength.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      Gambled and lost. Had it come off you and a few other would've been lording him. It didn't.

I can see why he did it, but it was a poor move, but tactics isn't Ollies strength.
                      I would of lorded it regardless if we`d of won bakes, its what you do when your team wins, and hasnt ollie got the leagues best record from the subs bench? so today it didnt work, & theyll be plenty of others that do and dont work! thats football

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

You can see why he did it yet still call it a bad move! sorry poor move

Comment

You can see why he did it yet still call it a bad move! sorry poor move
                          Tried to hold on to our slender lead, that's what he tried to do.

Not what I would've done. I wouldn't of took off our pace nor our best player and sat back, but had we held out for 3 points he would've been proven right in doing so. We didn't and he isn't.
                          Last edited by bakes8; 23-12-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Team does give their all for Ollie. No complaints there. Personally I think that trying hard should be a given at this level though.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              Team does give their all for Ollie. No complaints there. Personally I think that trying hard should be a given at this level though.
                              fair shout if i was paid 10k a week id run about like a demented greyhound for the QPR badge if the shirt was blue and sponsored by samsung i couldn't bring my self to even try!

Comment

Working...
                              X