Bringing fans back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
    I do understand the talk of refunding ST, I’m a ST myself.

I just worry.

What are we doing for the kids, parents? Look, I’m in it. Up or down I’m a fan but where’s the base?

If it weren’t the kid of a mate, have you ever met a little lad(ette) who wanted to be a Hoop?
    My dad told me I could be a ladette or a hoop. I chose hoop.

Comment

Aint heard 'a hoop' in years, if ever.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        I think we should come down from 33 for an adult to 22. Although costs me 10pounds to see Leatherhead which is also overpriced
        They used to let me in for free at Leatherhead as a boy cos I was small enough to fit under the turnstile.

Comment

It's easy. Season ticket is now about £700 and what we sell, 8.000?
          Start a campaign: price is €350 if the club sells 15.000 season tickets.
          Club can only win with that deal.

Comment

2 issues here, as I see it.

1.) Tickets are overpriced.
            2.) The football is poor.

Both need addressing in my opinion, although I understand why the tickets need to be expensive. Match day expenses (policing, security etc.) are much higher for clubs in London, and we obviously also have legacy financial obligations to cover.

I think most fans would continue to turn up and pay over the odds, if they were given a better match day experience. My gripe at the moment is I see a decent side that can play football, being hamstrung by poor formations, selections and tactics. I actually narks me off to an extent where I don't enjoy watching us play anymore most weeks.

Comment

Price is important of course.

People like me are very limited to how many games we can see as for me it's not just the gate price. It's a flight or drive, a train or cab (return) maybe even a hotel overnight (never done that though). The price of watching a game of football before food or beers etc (they don't count as they are a part of life), is always in excess of £150.

So if it's likely to be ####, if it's likely the manager is setting up to total football the opposition and play for draws and damage limitation, why should i go?

It's entertainment, play entertaining football. I'd rather go watch man city play,even though i hate what they stand for as a club, because it's going to be a good game of football. Same for going to see a Leatherhead or Chelston Sunday League, it'll be a good watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                It's easy. Season ticket is now about £700 and what we sell, 8.000?
                Start a campaign: price is €350 if the club sells 15.000 season tickets.
                Club can only win with that deal.
                Doubt we'd get that many fans from Europe!

Comment

Get rid of Les along with Holloway and the leftist agenda within the club

Will see fans flooding back after this

Comment

Under 23s should be cheaper. THey have less disposable income so make it cheaper for them to come. In turn, they will bring the noise. Why not make one area dirt cheap and encourage it to be a singing area like x block? Fill that up with £15, £20 tickets, standing make noise. Get the stewards to stop being so strict and that will help atmosphere all around.

Comment

Glad there’s been some decent points on this.
                      The money we take at the gate is aweful. Even with a full stadium the income is pence.

Still wish we could get the community behind us. We do do some great work in the community, just want more people backing us basically

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                        Right so used to post a fair bit but then died off.
                        Why? Basically we are dull.

We don’t play good football, we play games and hope for the best.

Point of this post: how can we get 13k+ crowds?

I think we should start with £5 tickets, get people through the door.
                        I don't have that ! Yeah we've played dross for the 3 previous seasons , but fair dues have to be given to this season ok the results haven't been good enough away from home , if anybody says the football hasn't generally been entertaining they are either lying or don't go , it's just let down by the quality of the forwards we have

Comment

Simple..start winning.

Comment

I think the reason for falling attendances is that in the past we have been known
                            for attractive football.

Also invariably we have had player who was worth the entrance money alone,sadly
                            we have lacked that type of player since Adel,and given the current situation its unlikely
                            to change in the foreseeable future.

Comment

I think the issue is more than “attractive football”

This is meant to be a community but I just don’t see it.

That’s my worry. We’re in only club in NW. ch****a are West, foolham are too. Watford too far north. There’s no one else near us but we just don’t make the market.

Sorry but I’m lost with the club. Don’t know where we’re going or what our aim is.

Préfères it when Tony was posting every other day, at least I saw a direction.

What’s our aim now? 1-0? 2-2? Where are we actually going

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                I think the reason for falling attendances is that in the past we have been known
                                for attractive football.
                                Partly, but I'd say it is more about success or anticipation of it than how you play.

Pretty much had average crowds of 12-14k when we were finishing mid table in this league before. Went up to close to 16k the season 2010/11

Like all clubs around the country outside of the PL - only really get bigger crowds when you are doing well.

Comment

Working...
                                X